Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

Thank you for coming back and reporting on the mystery. I think you made a good choice to stick w your current plans!
Glad to ...
I would have probably gone with this if I hadnt already planned June, .. .we are looking to finish up the All-Star trifecta by staying at Sports (we did Movies in Nov. 2018 and Music in August 2019) but I really want to stay in a Skyliner resort and the Little Mermaid rooms is a bonus for my daughter (we were going to stay there last October for her 3rd birthday, but opted out since we did a last minute trip in August to see SWGE -- (and also .. so as to not miss school for her older brother).

We will hit the Sports next time .... though paying near $150 on these rooms (with discount) is getting harder and harder to justify.

I am back from my 5 night trip and booked two BB offers while there, both were for trips I already had booked and I had no issues at all getting a discount for what I wanted. DH and I had Poly booked for our anniversary trip this summer, and I was able to get the full deluxe discount on our room saving us about $1800 (woohoo!!). The other trip was for our WDW stay right before our Christmas cruise, and while there were no WL discounts available (we had a standard CL room booked there), I knew this going in and had a second and third choice going in to the call. I was able to move our reservation to a CR atrium CL room, standard view, saving us around $1000 (even though I didn't book that room initially when we first booked this trip because it was a good $200 more a night than WL CL, it now saved us money). Couldn't be more thrilled if I tried, and even though the call took forever (CM was chatty), everything worked out perfectly. She also made notes about our anniversary in hopes we could get some pixie dust, which was really nice of her.

I am back from my 5 night trip and booked two BB offers while there, both were for trips I already had booked and I had no issues at all getting a discount for what I wanted. DH and I had Poly booked for our anniversary trip this summer, and I was able to get the full deluxe discount on our room saving us about $1800 (woohoo!!). The other trip was for our WDW stay right before our Christmas cruise, and while there were no WL discounts available (we had a standard CL room booked there), I knew this going in and had a second and third choice going in to the call. I was able to move our reservation to a CR atrium CL room, standard view, saving us around $1000 (even though I didn't book that room initially when we first booked this trip because it was a good $200 more a night than WL CL, it now saved us money). Couldn't be more thrilled if I tried, and even though the call took forever (CM was chatty), everything worked out perfectly. She also made notes about our anniversary in hopes we could get some pixie dust, which was really nice of her.
I love a happy ending!

Another fun part of planning ahead is knowing what the original price was and getting the sweet satisfaction when $ is saved.

You saved a lot! Way to go!!

The current bounce back does not extend to 2021 right? Just booked a quick trip in May for my daughters birthday. Wondering if we would be able to do a bounce back for next year.

The current bounce back does not extend to 2021 right? Just booked a quick trip in May for my daughters birthday. Wondering if we would be able to do a bounce back for next year.

From the first post:

What is the current bounceback?
  • Room Discount for select 2020 dates: 20% off value, 25 off moderates, and up to 30 off deluxe and deluxe villas.
  • Book by August 15 2020
  • 2020 applicable dates:
    • January 1-2 5-8 13-16 19-23 26-30
    • February 2-5 9-13 16-20 23-27
    • March 1-5 8-12 15-19 22-26 31
    • April 1-2 12-30
    • May 1-21
    • May 25-September 3
    • September 7-26
    • October 25-29
    • November 23-25
    • December 4-24

Bounceback offers for 2021 won’t be offered until after this one expires in August.

Thanks for all the awesome information!! Now I’m looking forward to making more than one BB reservation during our trip in May!!!
Its up to you but if you wish you can book what you want before you go and then call the BB number (x8844) from your room and ask to apply the bb code to your existing reservation(S). This can save you time while you’re there.

Its up to you but if you wish you can book what you want before you go and then call the BB number (x8844) from your room and ask to apply the bb code to your existing reservation(S). This can save you time while you’re there.

has anyone had success with this? Or do they mostly end up canceling the existing reservation and making a new one with the offer? I’d book something now if it’s possible to just apply the discount when I’m there in May...

has anyone had success with this? Or do they mostly end up canceling the existing reservation and making a new one with the offer? I’d book something now if it’s possible to just apply the discount when I’m there in May...

IF the resort & room type are available, they can apply the discount to your existing reservation. So yes, posters here have done it. It does save a bit of time in that you won’t have to list all the guests names or give credit card numbers etc.

But having an existing reservation will not make a difference in actually getting the bounceback you want. If the room you currently have booked isn’t available with the bounceback, you will have to change room types, resorts or dates to take advantage of the offer.

There is also something else to consider. Many posters believe Disney offers discounts to fill rooms. If rooms are filled at rack rate, Disney won’t offer discounts on them. If the room type you book is fully booked by your trip in May, they won’t just apply the discount to your reservation. The room has to be available to be booked as a new reservation for the discount to be applied. And they don’t hold rooms back to be booked as bouncebacks.

Last edited:
Last year I booked the exact trip we wanted for Sep 2020 the week before we went to Disney. I called the bb number early in our trip and the entire call took less than 5 minutes. They added the bb to our existing reservation (no changes needed) and within minutes I had saved $1100!

I like it because I also knew exactly what I wanted so didn’t have to be concerned with up charges that seem to be happening more frequently.

I will do the same thing this year and book the exact trip we want in 2021 the week before we head to Disney.

The chances of my 1 room being the difference between being able to book the bb and it not being available is a risk I’m willing to take at our resort if almost 3000 rooms. I have booked bb’s for over 10 years and before I started pre-booking our trips those calls took an average of 30-60 mins. 5 was a breeze!! And, even if I needed to make a change to qualify for a bb, the existing reservation that they would need to alter would already have our names, address, dining choices and credit card info. So much easier to add the Bb to an existing reservation!

I’ll admit I was skeptical until I tried it myself and am now so thankful someone shared the suggestion here.

Each person chooses what works for their family and for us this is it! 5 mins done and we’re on our way to the parks!!

I think a lot depends on the type of room you are trying to book. I’ve called Bounceback about standard rooms at WL, standard Poly rooms, and standard or GV Poly, BC, YC CL rooms, and there are few of all of these, and I’ve not been able to book them. 90% of the time taken in those calls have been the CM trying to find availability at other resorts/room categories. That’s how I wound up with GDT CL for my DD’s birthday and CBR for Labor Day. But, if you are simply trying to book All Stars or Pop Standard, then, yes, there are thousands of rooms, and you can book it in advance and it’s very likely that the discount can just be applied.

Hoping for a standard or GV in the Crescent Lake area but might be willing to splurge for water view if the price is right! I think waiting until right before we go would more indicative of availability so I think I might try the week before strategy and if I have to alter the room or resort then like pp said at least they have cc number and party names

Hoping for a standard or GV in the Crescent Lake area but might be willing to splurge for water view if the price is right! I think waiting until right before we go would more indicative of availability so I think I might try the week before strategy and if I have to alter the room or resort then like pp said at least they have cc number and party names
A Crescent Lake water view is worth it! We do only have experience with YC.

Hi, we are staying at WDW in August this year from 7th to 18th. Interested in free dining for Christmas 2021. If I am reading right, this should be bookable as a bounce back during our stay, correct?
Looking at possibly staying at pop.

Hi, we are staying at WDW in August this year from 7th to 18th. Interested in free dining for Christmas 2021. If I am reading right, this should be bookable as a bounce back during our stay, correct?

Yes, if the pattern continues the same as the previous few years, we should see a free dining Bounceback bookable in August 2020 that will include select free dining dates in 2021. The last few years, if you arrived for your bounceback by a certain date in December, you could get free dining for your stay (it’s been by Dec 24th the past two years). No guarantees, but that’s what has been offered the past few years.

Yes, if the pattern continues the same as the previous few years, we should see a free dining Bounceback bookable in August 2020 that will include select free dining dates in 2021. The last few years, if you arrived by a certain date in December, you could get free dining for your stay (it’s been by Dec 24th the past two years). No guarantees, but that’s what has been offered the past few years.

That's great, thanks :)

I agree with @vinotinto but I will say that I'm cautiously optimistic that FD will be offered as a BB this year. They have done so for more than 10 years but with the very few FD dates released in Jan I'm wondering if they might be trying to faze out FD? Also, those who booked the General Public free dining offer that came out for 2 weeks in January received surveys asking if they still would have booked if FD was not available.

We will need to wait and see what the August BB offer holds before we know for sure.

I agree with @vinotinto but I will say that I'm cautiously optimistic that FD will be offered as a BB this year. They have done so for more than 10 years but with the very few FD dates released in Jan I'm wondering if they might be trying to faze out FD? Also, those who booked the General Public free dining offer that came out for 2 weeks in January received surveys asking if they still would have booked if FD was not available.

We will need to wait and see what the August BB offer holds before we know for sure.
Agreed. We’ve seen Disney slowly weaning the public from the larger FD discounts: limited dates, 4-day PH requirement, mods getting QS (but can upgrade for additional $). It will all depend what their booking projections in July/August indicate for 2021.

Thanks both for your insights. Will keep fingers crossed! We are in the UK, so there is never FD over Christmas on the UK offer, so the US offer was my best hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!