Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

We've stayed at POP the last seven years (last August, 2019). We also booked it again with going back offer next August. There is nothing wrong with POP, we actually love it there!

Well, since you already left, you no longer qualify to have a "bounce back offer" for any other resort. You will have to wait and see if a regular discount "free dining" will be offfered. You could also wait and see what a "room only" discount will be

I don't think you can book two resorts for the same time, unless you want to put another adult (age 18 or older) as the lead guest.

My suggestion is to keep what you have. If there is another offer, book it when it becomes available. Disney will only allow one discount per reservation.

There was discussion a few weeks back about changing an existing booking to a FD booking by calling x8844 while you are at your resort.

The information @focusondisney provided was 100% accurate and worked like a charm! (Thanks @focusondisney, I learned a lot from you!)

Prior to my trip I booked the exact resort, room category, dining plan and park tickets with the PH option I wanted for Sep 2020.

When I was at Pop last week I called the bb number and they were able to confirm availability and add the bb offer to the existing 2020 booking. A quick 10 min call saved me $880 off next year’s trip and I don’t need to stress about if/when a general public FD offer comes out in the future.

We booked 2 rooms at pop and the agent said I can upgrade resorts once I get home. Pop was fine but there is nothing to do there when not at the parks and we are.not commando park people.

We booked 2 rooms at pop and the agent said I can upgrade resorts once I get home. Pop was fine but there is nothing to do there when not at the parks and we are.not commando park people.
Your cm was correct that you are able to change dates, resort, room type, etc. for any promotion with caveats.
1. Bluncebacks can only be modified by cms at bounceback number.
2. You cannot add rooms to a bb reservation after leaving WDW (cm guided you correctly to go ahead and reserve 2 rooms).
3. The promotion must have availability to book your trip as new (exact dates, resort, room type). They cannot simply change your reservation by dropping a day or similar. Any changes to ticket type and/or dining plan just need to meet promotional requirements.
4. If there is availability, your promotional reservation can be changed even after the reservation period is over. However, availability can become extremely limited to none, especially during time periods where Disney has multiple promotions running at a time. Any package change within 30 days of trip is subject to change fee. Most cms waive fee if new package cost is an increase.
5. A new promotion may be a better deal than the reservation you make originally. Or not. It is a crap shoot. I made my bb last Christmas. I changed room category 3 weeks later in mid-January. Since early August my resort has been sold out for my dates at rack rate in all room categories even with several “available” rate discounts/promotions. Free dining might have saved me money, but it is a moot point. It was never available for the room I have.

I will not be in WDW until December, so I didn’t really look at current bb. Would a family suite qualify? Especially as AoA is on the Skyliner. I think Grand Destino might have rooms/suites for 6 (definitely 5). It would be QSDP, but club level would provide more food if you didn’t want to upgrade dining. I am sure there may be other options, including villas.

So I need help. Just back from a quick budget trip but next summer we are celebrating my daughters Sweet 16 and bringing her friend. We want the dining plan so I booked 2 rooms with bb at Pop and upgraded the plan to regular dining. Price is over $9k for 11 nights with 4 day park hoppers.:scared: We are a party of 6. I really do not want to stay at Pop. Prior to travel I thought I would book a cabin at FW but that priced out to over $10k and being only 1 reservation the agent said it would be hard for me to make adjustments to the reservation. Trying to think of creative ways to book this. Maybe a good room discount will come out and I can do one free dining room and one room only. Need some help. We stopped at AKL for dinner and she wants to stay there.:rolleyes2 Looking for some creative solutions. Typically we are a POR party of 5 family with the dining plan or Epcot resort family with no dining plan.
Hi! I think you did the right thing by booking two rooms. You can always cancel a room if you do not need it, but you cannot add a room once your current trip ends.

What are you planning to do for the 11 days? I see you only have 4 days of PH tickets. The first 4-5 days of tickets are pretty expensive per day. You have around $3500 in tickets right there, and only covering 1/3 of your stay. I know everyone does Disney differently, but if you are looking to upgrade to a deluxe, you may consider reducing the number of nights. I really can't imagine hanging around Pop for more than a week without the parks.

You can definitely call back now that you are at home and have the BB agent price out different resorts for you.

Definitely keep an eye on the discounts next year. With 3 people/room staying deluxe, a good room discount would be better, but it really depends on how booked WDW is and what kind of discounts are offered. This past summer, the public discount at some deluxes was 30%, which is really good. I personally love AKL. We stayed there for my DD's 12th birthday and it felt very special.

Here is a list of all the rack rates. It should help you plan the cost of different options:
https://www.mousesavers.com/2020-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/
Good luck!

We've stayed at POP the last seven years (last August, 2019). We also booked it again with going back offer next August. There is nothing wrong with POP, we actually love it there!

Well, since you already left, you no longer qualify to have a "bounce back offer" for any other resort. You will have to wait and see if a regular discount "free dining" will be offfered. You could also wait and see what a "room only" discount will be

I don't think you can book two resorts for the same time, unless you want to put another adult (age 18 or older) as the lead guest.

My suggestion is to keep what you have. If there is another offer, book it when it becomes available. Disney will only allow one discount per reservation.
The portion that I highlighted above is not correct. Not signaling the PP out, just want to make sure the correct information is passed to anyone reading this. From the FAQ (first post, which I do try to keep updated):

Can I change a bounceback reservation?
  • Yes, you can change/modify your bounceback reservation, even if the "book-by" date is past.
  • If you are changing dates, the new dates must also fall within the original offer (just like when you book any other Disney offer).
  • There also needs to be availability under the promo.
  • You can add or delete guests from the reservation, as long as you do not exceed room occupancy, but the lead person on the reservation must remain.
  • Your bounceback reservation cannot be modified online. You will need to call to make any changes.
  • Call the bounceback line (407-939-1923) and explain what changes you want. They may need to loop in Guest Services if the promo is already past the "book-by" date.

So I need help. Just back from a quick budget trip but next summer we are celebrating my daughters Sweet 16 and bringing her friend. We want the dining plan so I booked 2 rooms with bb at Pop and upgraded the plan to regular dining. Price is over $9k for 11 nights with 4 day park hoppers.:scared: We are a party of 6. I really do not want to stay at Pop. Prior to travel I thought I would book a cabin at FW but that priced out to over $10k and being only 1 reservation the agent said it would be hard for me to make adjustments to the reservation. Trying to think of creative ways to book this. Maybe a good room discount will come out and I can do one free dining room and one room only. Need some help. We stopped at AKL for dinner and she wants to stay there.:rolleyes2 Looking for some creative solutions. Typically we are a POR party of 5 family with the dining plan or Epcot resort family with no dining plan.
You may be well aware of this and if so, please feel to ignore the following.

Once you have purchased 4 day tickets it's only about $10 a day to add additional days to your tickets as long as you do it before you activate your tickets. Since you will be there for 11 days, you may wish to price out the price of 5, 6 or more day tickets which gives you more freedom to visit the parks as you wish without feeling you need to be there from rope drop to close to get the most out of your tickets.

I hope this is helpful.

We always book a fd bounce back for August and December from the same reservation.

You may be well aware of this and if so, please feel to ignore the following.

Once you have purchased 4 day tickets it's only about $10 a day to add additional days to your tickets as long as you do it before you activate your tickets. Since you will be there for 11 days, you may wish to price out the price of 5, 6 or more day tickets which gives you more freedom to visit the parks as you wish without feeling you need to be there from rope drop to close to get the most out of your tickets.

I hope this is helpful.
Thank you for the reply. I do know about the tickets but I am thinking of doing a room only in one room and free dining on the other. We have enough adults between the rooms. I don't care if I have 2 reservation/confirmation numbers. Just trying to be as creative as possible to give her the most for her bday trip.

Thank you for the reply. I do know about the tickets but I am thinking of doing a room only in one room and free dining on the other. We have enough adults between the rooms. I don't care if I have 2 reservation/confirmation numbers. Just trying to be as creative as possible to give her the most for her bday trip.
That can work too as long as you’re always together for dining as the credits will only be linked to 2 of the bands.

Not gonna lie - this entire thread (I've read the last two pages) intimidates me.:cat: I'm going to go ahead and scroll back a few more pages to try to understand what's going on here. Considering a bounce back (if available) reservation during our trip next week, but know nothing about them. You guys are a wealth of info though!! Keep on keepin' on!! :rotfl:

Not gonna lie - this entire thread (I've read the last two pages) intimidates me.:cat: I'm going to go ahead and scroll back a few more pages to try to understand what's going on here. Considering a bounce back (if available) reservation during our trip next week, but know nothing about them. You guys are a wealth of info though!! Keep on keepin' on!! :rotfl:
Just read the first post. It has everything you need to know: current offer, how to book it, what the next offer will likely be, and frequently asked questions.

Bummed that the current offer ends 10/31. I'll be at POP 11/6-11/11 and we will be going next summer (Aug 2020). Would have been nice to get the Free Dining.

Any ideas of what the BB offer would be in November and if it would include late Summer as available stay dates? Just curious if there are any educated guesses based on past offers.

EDIT: found what the likely offer will be in the first post (should have read the entire thing first :))

We just returned from our trip and booked a BB at CSR long bed tower room for 12/11/20 to 12/16/20. We upgraded to the regular dining plan.
I will most likely change resorts and add another day or two but I wanted to get something booked so we can get the free dining.

We just returned from our trip and booked a BB at CSR long bed tower room for 12/11/20 to 12/16/20. We upgraded to the regular dining plan.
I will most likely change resorts and add another day or two but I wanted to get something booked so we can get the free dining.
If you’re fairly confident you’ll want to make changes I’d recommend doing it sooner than later and preferably before the end of this month when the current bb offer ends. Once the bb offer is over you will probably find it more challenging to make changes.

I’ve tried changing bb offers in the past after the offer window was closed and it’s much more challenging and normally not successful.

If you’re fairly confident you’ll want to make changes I’d recommend doing it sooner than later and preferably before the end of this month when the current bb offer ends. Once the bb offer is over you will probably find it more challenging to make changes.

I’ve tried changing bb offers in the past after the offer window was closed and it’s much more challenging and normally not successful.
That's good advice. But... I'm not sure where I want to stay, lol. I guess I should put some serious thought to it.
Edit to say that I did go ahead and call to switch resorts. And just for fun I added a night!

Last edited:
I'm baaaack! Back to the boards and, unfortunately, back from WDW. :(

I booked a bounce back while I was there last week for December 2020 using the info from the first page. Unfortunately, I don't think that the CM on the other end of the phone was as familiar with bounce backs as I would have liked him to have been (or he was intentionally offering me as little as possible for "free"). I was relying on him to tell me exactly what the current bounce back offer was because I did not have it in front of me. I booked a club level standard room at Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights, and because that is a deluxe resort I should have been given the free "regular" dining plan, but instead was given the free quick service dining plan. Who do I call to rectify this? The bounce back number or the regular reservations number? Thank you so much in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!