Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

wouldn't i also receive a magic band? or is that for more than one night only, or only for park admission too? because my thought is i could send the magic band to them.
It’s the same issue as if he tries to open the door with the app. Both you and your cousin need to be in that reservation. He is not you. (BTW, we’ve had problems opening the door in 3 out of the last 5 stays). Either he adds you to his reservation or you add him to yours.

Magic Bands and apps don't always work. You sometimes need the front desk. Even with online checkin. Also to do a online Check in You need a credit card on file. The credit card will have a $100 incidental hold. What you are trying to do doesn't work. Add them to your reservation or they add you.

What you are trying to do is have them use your identity. That is not allowed any where.

I think it's time to call a halt to this discussion. Having someone assume your identity so that you can get a discount that you're not entitled to is most definitely a discussion of circumventing Disney's rules, and that's not permitted on the DISboards.

I recently booked a BB offer for next year for free-dining at the GF. I am considering getting an AP, but wanted to know if I would be eligible for the deluxe resort 35% room discount, or does the BB offer exclude AP room discounts and based on rack rates. If you can combine the room discount with the free dining offer, how long should I wait before buying the AP?

I recently booked a BB offer for next year for free-dining at the GF. I am considering getting an AP, but wanted to know if I would be eligible for the deluxe resort 35% room discount, or does the BB offer exclude AP room discounts and based on rack rates. If you can combine the room discount with the free dining offer, how long should I wait before buying the AP?
You cannot combine an AP rate and free dining. It would be one promo or the other.

Disney only allows one discount offer, per vacation. You are able to do the math and select which would work best for you

There are often room discount offers for Annual Passholders.

A Free Dining BB cannot be combined with any other offer and to qualify for the FD BB you must include a ticket purchase.

I have done the calculations a number of times and for our family's traveling style, it does not pay for us to purchase AP's as the FD offer is better for us. I recommend each person run the numbers for their own trip(s) to see what is best for them.

I think it's time to call a halt to this discussion. Having someone assume your identity so that you can get a discount that you're not entitled to is most definitely a discussion of circumventing Disney's rules, and that's not permitted on the DISboards.

I apologize. I wasn't trying to do anything against the rules. So to sum it all up, it looks like my idea is not a good one due to many factors. Thanks for all of your input.

When does Disney typically show room-only discounts for next year. Any sense when there will be a sign on their strategy with discounts with the potential demand from Star Wars GE? As much as our family is excited to see SWGE, it is making planning for trips that much more labor intensive hahaha

When does Disney typically show room-only discounts for next year. Any sense when there will be a sign on their strategy with discounts with the potential demand from Star Wars GE? As much as our family is excited to see SWGE, it is making planning for trips that much more labor intensive hahaha
From the FAQ:

When will the next bounceback come out?
When will the next 2020 bounceback offers come out?

• The bounceback for a room discount during select 2020 dates will likely come out on or before the date that the current bounceback expires (October 31st, 2019).
  • Be on the lookout starting mid-October, and will definitely be available by November 1, 2019.
  • In 2018 it came out on November 1st; in 2017 it came out mid-October.

You would need to be traveling "together" in your future stay for you to book the bounceback for someone that is not currently at a Disney resort. That is, you cannot book a bounceback for someone if you are not going to be traveling with them on the bounceback. I *think,* though, that as long as there is overlap in the dates, you don't have to match exactly in terms of dates and resorts. If you try to book a bounceback for multiple rooms that is not identical, can you please come back and report your experience so I can keep the FAQ updated? Thank you!
Unfortunately, I am unable to fly out to Disney due to Hurricane Dorian. So I will not be able to answer this question. I had to cancel my trip. I was hoping Disney would allow me to get a bounceback due to the issue with the storm and since I usually book bouncebacks. The answer to that was, NO. Thank goodness I have a great travel agent. She has flagged my account and we pushed the date to the new bounceback but have to wait to see the promos come up. What a sad end. Now I am cancelling everything due to this storm.

Unfortunately, I am unable to fly out to Disney due to Hurricane Dorian. So I will not be able to answer this question. I had to cancel my trip. I was hoping Disney would allow me to get a bounceback due to the issue with the storm and since I usually book bouncebacks. The answer to that was, NO. Thank goodness I have a great travel agent. She has flagged my account and we pushed the date to the new bounceback but have to wait to see the promos come up. What a sad end. Now I am cancelling everything due to this storm.
I'm so sorry you've had to cancel. This exact same scenario happened with me 2 years ago this week when Irma was due to arrive the day after I did.

Like you I called and requested to book a BB due to the extreme circumstances but was not allowed to due to system limitations as it could see I had never checked in therefore would not allow a bounceback to be booked. I called a few times and spent hours on the phone with them but in the end the answer was no. We ended up going and having a great trip the following January but I had to come up with the money to pay for the dining play and there was no FD offer in the January.

I hope all works out for you in the end. I understand the sadness right now. So hard to cancel when you're on the cusp of your trip. :(

I’m so sorry. It’s disappointing when you are all set to go and have to move your trip, but it’s good you have a TA that will keep an eye out for general public discounts.

[QUOTE="vinotinto, post: 60949830, member: I *think,* though, that as long as there is overlap in the dates, you don't have to match exactly in terms of dates and resorts. If you try to book a bounceback for multiple rooms that is not identical, can you please come back and report your experience so I can keep the FAQ updated? Thank you!
[/QUOTE]
I did this. I booked 3 bb rooms for next August. 2 of the rooms are for the same dates, but the 3rd room has my DSIL checking out 3 days earlier than us.

I did this. I booked 3 bb rooms for next August. 2 of the rooms are for the same dates, but the 3rd room has my DSIL checking out 3 days earlier than us.
Wonderful, thanks for confirming! Are all of you booked in the same resort, or different resorts?

You don't have to be at the same resort. I just booked a bounceback last weekend and i booked 2 rooms at one resort and a 3rd at a different one.
That's good to know. If they allow it next year, I hope to be able to do that for another family member. Thanks

So I need help. Just back from a quick budget trip but next summer we are celebrating my daughters Sweet 16 and bringing her friend. We want the dining plan so I booked 2 rooms with bb at Pop and upgraded the plan to regular dining. Price is over $9k for 11 nights with 4 day park hoppers.:scared: We are a party of 6. I really do not want to stay at Pop. Prior to travel I thought I would book a cabin at FW but that priced out to over $10k and being only 1 reservation the agent said it would be hard for me to make adjustments to the reservation. Trying to think of creative ways to book this. Maybe a good room discount will come out and I can do one free dining room and one room only. Need some help. We stopped at AKL for dinner and she wants to stay there.:rolleyes2 Looking for some creative solutions. Typically we are a POR party of 5 family with the dining plan or Epcot resort family with no dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!