Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

I was actually really lucky and hadn't booked our BB before leaving property In May. I was able to call back about a week later and still book it!!
This is not common and I would not recommend trying it. You’re the only person I’ve ever heard this working for. Many more stories of disappointed people who forgot to book during their stay and being told ‘Sorry no, you are no longer eligible to book’ after their vacation.
What @scrappinginontario said. I've been following bouncebacks for years and have heard multiple stories of disappointment from guests who often did not even know there was a bounceback (it's not unusual for the flyer to be missing from the room) and calling back right after the trip and being told it is only for current guests. Your story is the first I've heard of being able to book after check-out day and I would not recommend to others to assume they can.

To summarize, if you are interested in booking a bounceback, you must do it during your onsite stay, by the time the phones close on checkout. Sometimes the system is having "magical enhancements" so take that into consideration. They were having "magical enhancements" on August 18th and it sounds like this is not super unusual (think about all the times MDE gives you a Stitch or Donald page!). You can call while you are waiting for a bus or in the parks. Save the BB phone number in your phone (it's in the OP). I called while my DH was getting Nutella waffles at MK.

What @scrappinginontario said. I've been following bouncebacks for years and have heard multiple stories of disappointment from guests who often did not even know there was a bounceback (it's not unusual for the flyer to be missing from the room) and calling back right after the trip and being told it is only for current guests. Your story is the first I've heard of being able to book after check-out day and I would not recommend to others to assume they can.

To summarize, if you are interested in booking a bounceback, you must do it during your onsite stay, by the time the phones close on checkout. Sometimes the system is having "magical enhancements" so take that into consideration. They were having "magical enhancements" on August 18th and it sounds like this is not super unusual (think about all the times MDE gives you a Stitch or Donald page!). You can call while you are waiting for a bus or in the parks. Save the BB phone number in your phone (it's in the OP). I called while my DH was getting Nutella waffles at MK.

Oh yes. It was the magical enhancements on Aug. 18th that threw me for a loop.

Has ANYONE got a standard room at CSR on a bounceback yet? We booked 3 rooms because the whole family is going and all they had was water view and standard tower. Ouch that was $600 more than we expected per room. But still a deal, so we took it. I was going to play with dates if anyone else was able to get standard. We chose to check in the last day and extend out 10 days. So I was thinking maybe that’s why. Or maybe it’s just because they are the cheapest rooms and like other years, they weren’t available with free dining.

If staying in February have they ever had Bounceback offers for the same year? So staying 2/2020 and want to return 11/2020?

Has ANYONE got a standard room at CSR on a bounceback yet? We booked 3 rooms because the whole family is going and all they had was water view and standard tower. Ouch that was $600 more than we expected per room. But still a deal, so we took it. I was going to play with dates if anyone else was able to get standard. We chose to check in the last day and extend out 10 days. So I was thinking maybe that’s why. Or maybe it’s just because they are the cheapest rooms and like other years, they weren’t available with free dining.
When I called before we left on Wednesday there were CSR standard rooms available as a bounceback 8/16/20 - 8/24/20. Neither CBR (Preferred or Pirate) or Pop (Preferred or Preferred Pool) had standard rooms available for that time period.

If staying in February have they ever had Bounceback offers for the same year? So staying 2/2020 and want to return 11/2020?
Yes, that is the normal bb during that time. Dates available will be determined when the next bb offer comes out in late Oct/early Nov.

I booked a package for next summer mainly to be sure the room category I want is available. I booked as a rack rate room with park hopper tickets. DH and I will be at YC in a couple of weeks. I am thinking that I might try to add the free dining to the package. Is it better to add FD to the room/ticket package or should I change the package to room/ticket/dining and have BB CMs change the fining to FD?

I booked a package for next summer mainly to be sure the room category I want is available. I booked as a rack rate room with park hopper tickets. DH and I will be at YC in a couple of weeks. I am thinking that I might try to add the free dining to the package. Is it better to add FD to the room/ticket package or should I change the package to room/ticket/dining and have BB CMs change the fining to FD?
If you are already booked as s package, you don’t need to do anything else. The CM will look for availability for your resort and dates And will add the FD promo if it’s available.

It is not possible to add a FD BB to an existing booking. Even though you have a room category booked that you want, it does not mean that it will necessarily be available with the FD BB. You will need to book a completely new reservation when you call the BB number and cancel the current booking you have.

Update: LOL! Two of us posted at the same time with 2 very different answers. Hopefully someone else can chime in as how the BB offer works is understood completely differently between @vinotinto and myself. Hopefully someone else can chime in and share their personal experience when trying to add a FD BB to an existing booking.

Update 2: Based on information shared by others I'm realizing my response was incorrect. Sorry about that! I'm always learning too. Crossed out my response to not confuse others.

Last edited:
If you are already booked as s package, you don’t need to do anything else. The CM will look for availability for your resort and dates And will add the FD promo if it’s available.
It is not possible to add a FD BB to an existing booking. Even though you have a room category booked that you want, it does not mean that it will necessarily be available with the FD BB. You will need to book a completely new reservation when you call the BB number and cancel the current booking you have.

Update: LOL! Two of us posted at the same time with 2 very different answers. Hopefully someone else can chime in as how the BB offer works is understood completely differently between @vinotinto and myself. Hopefully someone else can chime in and share their personal experience when trying to add a FD BB to an existing booking.
I don't book packages, but I would assume it was the same if I had a room only booked when an AP or general public discount came out. As long as the room is open for the discount, the CM should be able to apply it.

I have actually switched bouncebacks to AP rates. The CM just switched the promo and dates. Same reservation number and the deposit was higher for the bounceback so nothing was due.

If you have a package booked & are changing to a package discount, it does not need to be rebooked. Same for a room only to a room discount. If you are changing from a room only reservation to a package, or vice versa, it will get rebooked. The type of reservation you currently have & what you are moving to makes the difference.

And of course, the discount has to be available for your dates & resort.

If you have a package booked & are changing to a package discount, it does not need to be rebooked. Same for a room only to a room discount. If you are changing from a room only reservation to a package, or vice versa, it will get rebooked. The type of reservation you currently have & what you are moving to makes the difference.

And of course, the discount has to be available for your dates & resort.
Thank you! I think I will be good to apply FD to the package I booked but if not I will book a different one.

I have a situation I need advice on.

If i book a room and someone else goes and does online check in and then lets me know that they're in, would there be any issue with that? I mean disney wouldn't even know who was in there if i just gave that person my disney login for the app so they could unlock the door, right?

I'm not going to be in disney before the offer ends, but i'm willing to pay for 1 night so i can guarantee free dining, rather than risking not getting it next year. My cousin is going to be in disney, my thought was i could just book the cheapest room i could find for 1 night while they're there and then call and do the bounceback.

If i book a room and someone else goes and does online check in and then lets me know that they're in, would there be any issue with that? I mean disney wouldn't even know who was in there if i just gave that person my disney login for the app so they could unlock the door, right?

I'm not going to be in disney before the offer ends, but i'm willing to pay for 1 night so i can guarantee free dining, rather than risking not getting it next year. My cousin is going to be in disney, my thought was i could just book the cheapest room i could find for 1 night while they're there and then call and do the bounceback.
Circumventing the rules is not to be discussed on DISBoards.

i'm not exactly sure how that is cercumventing the rules. I'm offering to pay for my cousin to stay in disney for a night. is it against the rules for someone to pay for someone else?

I think it might work. But I don’t know for sure. It’s worth a shot anyways.
Good luck! :)

You can book a room for your cousin, no problem. She can't assume your identity!! She would need to be the lead guest on the reservation. Her name, her address.

She could then book a bounce back offer in her name and a second room in your name. HOwever, if she cancelled her bounce back offer yours would be cancelled also.

You are also assuming that There would be no trouble with opening the door with the app! I am advising you against trying this.

I think this should work. Like pp said, add him to your reservation.

And here is another idea. Is your cousin already staying at a Disney-owned resort? If adding you does not add to the occupancy limits of his room, perhaps he can add you to his reservation. If there are already 2 adults, you would need to pay the extra adult charge, but that should be less than booking a room. Then, you would be a guest and can make your bounce back.

You can book a room for your cousin, no problem. She can't assume your identity!! She would need to be the lead guest on the reservation. Her name, her address.

She could then book a bounce back offer in her name and a second room in your name. HOwever, if she cancelled her bounce back offer yours would be cancelled also.

You are also assuming that There would be no trouble with opening the door with the app! I am advising you against trying this.

wouldn't i also receive a magic band? or is that for more than one night only, or only for park admission too? because my thought is i could send the magic band to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter