Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

I think I saw this on the front page but I want to make sure I read it right.

I have a room discount BB I booked back in November. Had to move it from May to December. Then decided to bring my kids for half the trip and now have 2 BB reservations with the whole family then just us adults

I’m thinking of making a reservation in October when the BB is valid. Can I make another BB reservation at a totally different time? Can I book as many as I want as long as there is availability and it falls during the promo dates??
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you want to add a bounceback reservation now? As far as I know, you cannot add a bounceback after you leave. You would need to change one of your bouncebacks to a different date. If you hear anything different from Disney, or if I misunderstood your question, let me know.

OK so I’m guessing since the other rooms were back to back stays they considered it the same reservation even though they had different reservation numbers?

ETA - I do know that they had to loop guest services into the car to make my one room reservation into two separate rooms with different dates but hopefully they’ll let us stay in the same room after the kids leave!!!

I think I understand- for December since it’s the “same time” I could add a room but I would to have made another BB reservation when I was there -

• You can also book bouncebacks for different time periods (e.g., one in July and one in December). There is no limit to the number of different time periods you can have.
  • The limits come in the number of rooms at one time, which is 3.

I understand it as you can book multiple rooms on the initial booking, even different dates. But now you are locked into that amount of rooms you have right now, you can't add more , just change what you currently have.

OK so I’m guessing since the other rooms were back to back stays they considered it the same reservation even though they had different reservation numbers?

ETA - I do know that they had to loop guest services into the car to make my one room reservation into two separate rooms with different dates but hopefully they’ll let us stay in the same room after the kids leave!!!
I think because your dates stayed the same - you just split your one reservation into two sets of dates, they were able to get your request fulfilled. But, the fact that they had to call guest services to do it shows that you received a little extra pixie dust. The room discount bounceback is a current (i.e., non-expired) offer and it would normally not require guest services to do it. I would not expect, for example, to be able to add another room to your dates or add a room at a different date.

Anyone tried to call the bounce back line and try to make changes during all of this?
Right after they announced the opening date I rung up the line to change my trip and got switched over to the main reservation line, and the CM was still able to move my BB offer (it was only good for 2 if the 7 nights, but I’ll take it). I really don’t think they’ll make changes right now though, I called before it all got shut down but several of my friends have all been told all they can do is move to next year (and your BB won’t transfer), or cancel.

Right after they announced the opening date I rung up the line to change my trip and got switched over to the main reservation line, and the CM was still able to move my BB offer (it was only good for 2 if the 7 nights, but I’ll take it). I really don’t think they’ll make changes right now though, I called before it all got shut down but several of my friends have all been told all they can do is move to next year (and your BB won’t transfer), or cancel.
Yeah I’m afraid of that, I have a bounceback booked for July, was going to try and see if I could move it to the August ressie because they will not be open for my July dates. I may just be out of luck and have to go with sun and fun for August and lose the bounceback.

I have a Sept BB but am waiting for Disney to contact me. a friend has an Aug BB and hers has been reduced. She's still waiting for an email with details.

I have a Sept BB but am waiting for Disney to contact me. a friend has an Aug BB and hers has been reduced. She's still waiting for an email with details.

Can I ask what you mean by reduced? Was it free dining or a room discount? I know free dining is affected (cancelled) but I am assuming room discounts won’t be.

Can I ask what you mean by reduced? Was it free dining or a room discount? I know free dining is affected (cancelled) but I am assuming room discounts won’t be.
She had a FD BB trip booked in Aug.

Disney has cancelled all her dining reservations, removed the DDP from her reservation (including the upgrade from QSDP to DDP) and applied the new room only discount (which I believe is 35%) to her existing reservation.

Also waiting to see what Disney does, especially if can't cross the border. Canadian with FD BB in Sept. Hoping to move the entire thing (including the FD part) to Dec 2021.

Also waiting to see what Disney does, especially if can't cross the border. Canadian with FD BB in Sept. Hoping to move the entire thing (including the FD part) to Dec 2021.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but If you check your reservation you will see that the FD portion of your Sep trip has already been removed and a 35% room discount applied to your existing booking. Your total trip cost has been adjusted accordingly. Also, if you had booked any dining reservations, these have been cancelled. Our family had 2 FD trips booked with almost 20 ADRs. These were all cancelled by Disney over the past week.

Disney is not offering any dining plans at this time so they have all been removed. There is no information at this time as to when Disney will begin offering dining plans again.

We are in the same situation as you as we are
Canadian and had a FD BB trip booked for Sep.

I'm on with GS regarding the difference between YC and Poly RO bounceback offer. The BB was for up to 30% deluxe resorts. Does anyone have more of a breakdown on the dates/resorts.

Thanks!

I'm on with GS regarding the difference between YC and Poly RO bounceback offer. The BB was for up to 30% deluxe resorts. Does anyone have more of a breakdown on the dates/resorts.

Thanks!
Did you check the first page of this thread? That has a lot of details.

Thanks I did before I posted.....I know certain times of year the deluxe get 25% v. 30%. There's an issue with our August hotel and wanted to make sure we are accounting correctly. I backed into 30% for our August trip. Going to do the same for December and see if that was 25 or 30.

Not sure why they make this so complicated and don't just disclose like the do on the website's offers page

Thanks I did before I posted.....I know certain times of year the deluxe get 25% v. 30%. There's an issue with our August hotel and wanted to make sure we are accounting correctly. I backed into 30% for our August trip. Going to do the same for December and see if that was 25 or 30.

Not sure why they make this so complicated and don't just disclose like the do on the website's offers page
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do but I know our FD BB became null when all this started happening. I'm not sure you will qualify for a new BB offer right now as so much is up in the air.

Our FD BB was changed to 35% off at Pop for the same dates. Not as big a savings for us as FD but I'll take the 35% off at Pop as it NEVER gets more than a 20% off discount and often only 15%.

For those that are there right now, are there any 2021 bounceback offers in the rooms?
Considering the resorts are ghost towns right now, I'll be shocked if you get a reply. You may wish to call the Future Stay number (407-939-1923) and see if they'll answer your question.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do but I know our FD BB became null when all this started happening. I'm not sure you will qualify for a new BB offer right now as so much is up in the air.

Our FD BB was changed to 35% off at Pop for the same dates. Not as big a savings for us as FD but I'll take the 35% off at Pop as it NEVER gets more than a 20% off discount and often only 15%.
we always book RO. wish I had the 35%.... dealing with 2020

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!