Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

I had to call the 407 number....room extension did not work for me. Also, they told me I could only book up to three rooms at the same resort for the same length of stay. I used it for my Dec. 2024 trip. Nothing was in the room and I did not get an email. Checked out yesterday.

I had to call the 407 number....room extension did not work for me. Also, they told me I could only book up to three rooms at the same resort for the same length of stay. I used it for my Dec. 2024 trip. Nothing was in the room and I did not get an email. Checked out yesterday.
Thank you appreciate you confirming that 3 rooms is the max for when people are not currently traveling with you. That is the same as in the past. Seems that they are being firm on same resort and same length of stay.

I checked out of Pop on July 8 and emailed guest services because did not receive bounce back offer via email. Last evening I called the number posted with the offer that I saw on these boards and it was quickly picked up and I was able to book. I got 30% of a room at French quarter in Dec 2024. I wanted a standard view but they only had garden water and river views so I to the garden view. I did the math and they did give me 30% off. Guest services called me this afternoon and I told her I still had not received an email but did book a stay which she said she could see. She was mainly concerned about why I did not receive an email because of course she wants everyone to get it (more money for them lol). I did tell her how happy I was to have a week after a stay to book so we could discuss dates etc and she agreed that it was a change that should make it easier on guests. Just now I received the bounce back email but it says receive up to 25% off and no mention of saving larger amounts. I thought that was interesting. I took a screenshot. IMG_3598.png

I checked out of Pop on July 8 and emailed guest services because did not receive bounce back offer via email. Last evening I called the number posted with the offer that I saw on these boards and it was quickly picked up and I was able to book. I got 30% of a room at French quarter in Dec 2024. I wanted a standard view but they only had garden water and river views so I to the garden view. I did the math and they did give me 30% off. Guest services called me this afternoon and I told her I still had not received an email but did book a stay which she said she could see. She was mainly concerned about why I did not receive an email because of course she wants everyone to get it (more money for them lol). I did tell her how happy I was to have a week after a stay to book so we could discuss dates etc and she agreed that it was a change that should make it easier on guests. Just now I received the bounce back email but it says receive up to 25% off and no mention of saving larger amounts. I thought that was interesting. I took a screenshot. View attachment 776634
Hmmmm, interesting. We’ll have to keep an eye out. Thank you!

I called for a bounceback today. I had hoped for early September, maybe 5 nights at YC waterview CL & 2 or 3 nights in a king standard CL @ Contemporary before or after. The CM had a little trouble understanding exactly what rooms & dates we wanted. He couldn’t find anything at YC CL. He finally said he wanted to check with Guest Services because he could see some rooms but couldn’t book them. I was on hold for quite awhile, as he tried with them. I told him we’re flexible with dates & would stay just at YC if he could get that. Eventually he came back & said GS was able to get us a resort view CL room for our whole stay but CR wasn’t available at all.

I’m really concerned about the resort view category. The 1 time I booked a standard view CL we got the last room on the floor & looked over a dumpster. I really can’t tolerate the thought of being in that room again. I wish it was like other discounts where you can see what’s available online. Because we can be flexible I would like to play with it myself & move my dates around to make it work. I was on the phone for an hour. The CM worked hard & I appreciate they did get me the 35% off, so I booked it for now. But I’ll keep checking for any other discounts.

In 25 years of precovid CL stays I never had trouble getting a bounceback rate for YC WV CL in early September. In hindsite I could have asked him to check some other dates, like end of August. But my husband & I came home with Covid, I’m doing fine but he’s pretty sick. After an hour I just wasn’t thinking right & had to get off the phone. I wanted to book an April trip too, but I’ll call back for that tomorrow. Oh, BTW, he heavily encouraged trip insurance (it’s hurricane season you know), pushed a package & the dining plan. Actually he pushed for adding trip insurance before he even started looking for the room.

Anyway, with Guest Services help, I have resort view CL at YC September 5-13 at 35% off.

I called for a bounceback today. I had hoped for early September, maybe 5 nights at YC waterview CL & 2 or 3 nights in a king standard CL @ Contemporary before or after. The CM had a little trouble understanding exactly what rooms & dates we wanted. He couldn’t find anything at YC CL. He finally said he wanted to check with Guest Services because he could see some rooms but couldn’t book them. I was on hold for quite awhile, as he tried with them. I told him we’re flexible with dates & would stay just at YC if he could get that. Eventually he came back & said GS was able to get us a resort view CL room for our whole stay but CR wasn’t available at all.

I’m really concerned about the resort view category. The 1 time I booked a standard view CL we got the last room on the floor & looked over a dumpster. I really can’t tolerate the thought of being in that room again. I wish it was like other discounts where you can see what’s available online. Because we can be flexible I would like to play with it myself & move my dates around to make it work. I was on the phone for an hour. The CM worked hard & I appreciate they did get me the 35% off, so I booked it for now. But I’ll keep checking for any other discounts.

In 25 years of precovid CL stays I never had trouble getting a bounceback rate for YC WV CL in early September. In hindsite I could have asked him to check some other dates, like end of August. But my husband & I came home with Covid, I’m doing fine but he’s pretty sick. After an hour I just wasn’t thinking right & had to get off the phone. I wanted to book an April trip too, but I’ll call back for that tomorrow. Oh, BTW, he heavily encouraged trip insurance (it’s hurricane season you know), pushed a package & the dining plan. Actually he pushed for adding trip insurance before he even started looking for the room.

Anyway, with Guest Services help, I have resort view CL at YC September 5-13 at 35% off.
Yay about the bounce back. So sorry you’re both sick. Feel better soon.

So I have a dumb question which I know the answer to but I want to ask it anyway: I have a reservation for the end of October 2023. If I made another reservation for December 2024 today, could I use that reservation once I am at Disney in October 2023 for a bounce back offer and get the 35 percent off as a modification. I did that with the Disneyplus offer when I modified my existing reservation but I am assuming since I need to call to modify, it’s going to be a No Go.
I know it a no, but I am asking the veterans anyway. I am assuming it needs to be a new reservation. Lol!

If I made another reservation for December 2024 today, could I use that reservation once I am at Disney in October 2023 for a bounce back offer and get the 35 percent off as a modification.

Yes, I have done that in years past. Disney does not generally limit their promos to New Bookings Only. So I assume they will still do it. BUT, having that reservation does not guarantee you a discount. It’s like every other Disney promo, there has to be availability for that resort, room type & dates as a completely new discounted bounceback reservation in order for them to apply the discount. So basically the only advantage to booking now & converting later is paying your deposit now & having it transferred in October. It will not help you secure a bounceback rate.

If it’s a room you want no matter what, book it now & if you get the bounceback, bonus! If you’ll only keep that room if you get the bounceback rate, it may or may not help. For example, there are only 2 of the rooms I prefer at CR. If I book a room on speculation of getting it discounted, and someone else books the other… there’s no room available for them to discount. Both are already booked at rack rate. If I wait & hope for a discount, I run the risk of both rooms getting booked by others, with or without a discount. It’s a gamble.

Last edited:
Yes, I have done that in years past. Disney does not generally limit their promos to New Bookings Only. So I assume they will still do it. BUT, having that reservation does not guarantee you a discount. It’s like every other Disney promo, there has to be availability for that resort, room type & dates as a completely new discounted bounceback reservation in order for them to apply the discount. So basically the only advantage to booking now & converting later is paying your deposit now & having it transferred in October. It will not help you secure a bounceback rate.

If it’s a room you want no matter what, book it now & if you get the bounceback, bonus! If you’ll only keep that room if you get the bounceback rate, it may or may not help. For example, there are only 2 of the rooms I prefer at CR. If I book a room on speculation of getting it discounted, and someone else books the other… there’s no room available for them to discount. Both are already booked at rack rate. If I wait & hope for a discount, I run the risk of both rooms getting booked by others, with or without a discount. It’s a gamble.
That very sound advice. I think I am going to wait until I arrive at Disney in October. Before I arrive, I am going to see what is available at BC/YC club level, have it written down day by day. I am extremely flexible so something should be available. As of this date, at CL resort view only is available but every standard room category is also.

That very sound advice. I think I am going to wait until I arrive at Disney in October. Before I arrive, I am going to see what is available at BC/YC club level, have it written down day by day. I am extremely flexible so something should be available. As of this date, at CL resort view only is available but every standard room category is also.

I was very flexible too. But when I called yesterday, the only way I got a club level room with the bounceback was because the CM was persistent & asked Guest Services for help. I have never had any trouble getting YC WV CL for early September with a discount before. But as with your dates, right now, it is almost all resort view showing at rack rate. There are a few days with WV showing, but they were firm on no WV with the discount. And of course, they won’t offer a discount on what’s not even available at rack rate.

I’m not quite sure what’s going on with inventory. Even CR had no CL discounts. It’s very disappointing. I am very concerned about that resort view category. I appreciate the CMs help & grateful they gave me any discount. I’m just not sure I will actually keep the room. We have stayed at YC CL for probably 25 years, many years multiple times. All but 2 have been WV. The 1 that was standard view was the last room on the hall & overlooked a dumpster. The other was a garden room that looked out over the back entrance & was great. There was no comparison to those 2 rooms & I have a serious objection to paying the same rate for them.

I didn’t think to ask about BC because we like YC. There does seem to be more rack rate available there, so they might have more bounceback rates too. I’ll keep an eye on things & might call from time to time to see if anything can be changed. I have to call later for an April trip. But I’m not looking for CL for that one so hopefully will go better.

We had a standard view cl at YC a few years ago and it was fine. We had a room that was half down right where the hallway sort of turns—kind of the elbow of the main hallway—and overlooked the front of the resort. We lucked out with a rock that had an extra at of window bc it was a corner. Our view was mostly trees and the flagpoles and the walkway roof to the convention center. It was a nice room for standard. We did occasionally hear a busy backing up, but that was it. Don’t worry, there are lots of standard/view CL—just get some requests in for a nice view, not too far down hallway, etc.

I was very flexible too. But when I called yesterday, the only way I got a club level room with the bounceback was because the CM was persistent & asked Guest Services for help. I have never had any trouble getting YC WV CL for early September with a discount before. But as with your dates, right now, it is almost all resort view showing at rack rate. There are a few days with WV showing, but they were firm on no WV with the discount. And of course, they won’t offer a discount on what’s not even available at rack rate.

I’m not quite sure what’s going on with inventory. Even CR had no CL discounts. It’s very disappointing. I am very concerned about that resort view category. I appreciate the CMs help & grateful they gave me any discount. I’m just not sure I will actually keep the room. We have stayed at YC CL for probably 25 years, many years multiple times. All but 2 have been WV. The 1 that was standard view was the last room on the hall & overlooked a dumpster. The other was a garden room that looked out over the back entrance & was great. There was no comparison to those 2 rooms & I have a serious objection to paying the same rate for them.

I didn’t think to ask about BC because we like YC. There does seem to be more rack rate available there, so they might have more bounceback rates too. I’ll keep an eye on things & might call from time to time to see if anything can be changed. I have to call later for an April trip. But I’m not looking for CL for that one so hopefully will go better.
I feel the same as you do. I don’t know what going on with CL GV or WV. I like you have always stayed at CL WV rooms. Hopefully in October when I arrive, there will be something available in December 2024. If not, then I guess it’s plan B, which is BC or just a standard WV room.

Any idea if bouncebacks are offered if you purchase DVC points? What about one night stays? We have a trip August 19-22 with two nights of rented DVC points and one night at Pop. Thanks!

The woman we talked to heavily pushed insurance multiple times during the call. You are coming from Ohio in the winter after all etc etc etc. it was the one thing that really annoyed me about having to call.

Has the bounce backs historically been for the next year? We used to go in Jan/Feb and I feel like it was for that year only. We will be heading back March of 2024, and wondering if we’d be able to book for end of 2025.

Has the bounce backs historically been for the next year? We used to go in Jan/Feb and I feel like it was for that year only. We will be heading back March of 2024, and wondering if we’d be able to book for end of 2025.

Historically, Bouncebacks early in the year are for the same year. When free dining for the following year was offered, that would replace the current year offer sometime mid August. It would be offered til maybe early mid October. The new bounceback after that would be room only for the following year. So very unlikely in March 2024 to be offered anything for 2025. Room rates for 2025 won’t even be announced then & rooms for 2025 probably won’t be bookable until May or June. Sorry.

Any idea if bouncebacks are offered if you purchase DVC points? What about one night stays? We have a trip August 19-22 with two nights of rented DVC points and one night at Pop. Thanks!
The bounce back offer has been available for guests to book when staying at a Disney resort, even if they used points for their reservation in the past. I would assume that you would be eligible with this offer. :)

Just joined this thread. I’ve read the bounce back offer on the first post. Does anyone know if all of the deluxe resorts are in the 35% off category, all moderates 30%, and values 25%? With typical public discounts some resorts are discounted at a lesser rate due to popularity I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter