Bounceback Fall 2017

KNovacovschi

DIS Veteran
Just out of curiosity does anyone else find the current BB offer for the fall of 2017 a little odd with the dates. They are as follows:

05/30-06/06
06/30-07/05
08/11-09/09
12/08-12/20

All of September (except 1st week), October and November are excluded. Could this really be the beginning of the end of FD. If it is it really wouldn't surprise me seeing it was never meant to be a permanent promo.

I do find the dates odd for the reasons you mention. Never seen Sept so limited. Also the July and December dates since those could cover July 4 and Christmas vacations.

I'm not sure it spells the end of free dining (they are offering it with this bounceback after all) but I think it may well represent a shift in the timing of discounts. Crowds were much lower around July 4 this year whereas the resorts are almost entirely full for much of October. Could be that Disney has noticed a change in people's travel patterns.

The December one does seem pretty odd though because I can't imagine that Christmas crowds would drop that much.

I've never done this offer before. Is it a good deal?
depends on what you are looking for next year. Booking the FD BB for next year gets you FD and you won't have to worry/wait for a GP offer for FD. This years FD dates have been cut back and that has been the trend the last few years.

If you think there is any chance you will be going to WDW next year and want FD, then it's a good idea to book the BB. you do have to put down a $200 deposit and will be paying rack rate for the room. Also, when ticket prices go up you will be locked in at the current price as long as you do not make any changes to your reservation.

depends on what you are looking for next year. Booking the FD BB for next year gets you FD and you won't have to worry/wait for a GP offer for FD. This years FD dates have been cut back and that has been the trend the last few years.

If you think there is any chance you will be going to WDW next year and want FD, then it's a good idea to book the BB. you do have to put down a $200 deposit and will be paying rack rate for the room. Also, when ticket prices go up you will be locked in at the current price as long as you do not make any changes to your reservation.

Thank you! I'm definitely think I'm going to reserve it since the eligible dates line up. Do the difference between the rack rate and the normal special rates equate to the same amount for food? Because I'm wondering if having to pay the rack rate is more expensive than just paying for the dining plan out right and having A reduced rate on your room rate. Has anyone done the math?

Thank you! I'm definitely think I'm going to reserve it since the eligible dates line up. Do the difference between the rack rate and the normal special rates equate to the same amount for food? Because I'm wondering if having to pay the rack rate is more expensive than just paying for the dining plan out right and having A reduced rate on your room rate. Has anyone done the math?

you would have to do the math for your family and resort. for my family of 3 Disney adults staying at a Value resort (we want the QSDP) even a 20% RO only discount would come to ~ $30/night. I can't fee the 3 of us on $30/day.

you could book the BB and if a better discount come out you can cancel and get your deposit back (as long as it's not 30?45? days before your trip)

Good point! I'm the same way with three boys there's no way I could feed us all for 10 bucks each a day! Especially at Disney!

It depends on where you stay and how many people you have in your party. If you have 4 people in a value, it's a fantastic deal. A room discount at a value only typically gives you $20 off per night and quick service dining for four people costs between $130-$180 a night depending on age of kids.
For moderates, a room only discount may say $50-$80 night but the dining plan that you get with that costs $175-$240/night for 4 depending on ages. Still a great deal, even factoring in having to upgrade to a park hopper or waterpark ticket which is also a requirement.
Where it starts to get not worth it is if you stay deluxe with only 2 people. If your room is a $500 room and you get a 30% discount, you can save $150 per night with a room only discount. This would be a better deal than getting the $125 dining plan included for only 2 people. When the numbers get closer together, you really have to start figuring in your park habits, eating habits, etc to crunch the numbers.

For any who might be interested, this was our experience...We stayed at Pop 8/02-8/07. It wasn't advertised in our room booklet. But, I knew of it through my TA friend who texted me on our way down. When I called reservations, the CM told me there was no in room marketing at the Values due to the BB only being offered for at least the Mods. And POR was excluded. Which fit us since we wanted CBR 6/2-6/12. We wanted Standard View. I was toying with waiting until we're back next month to book the offer, bc I wanted to spend that deposit money on souvenirs instead:earboy2: But, Standard was already booked up for our dates. That got my attention, so we booked on the spot with Water View. We have an AP, and at first the CM said this offer wouldn't allow us only having two park days to secure a package. After a long hold, she came back and said she was able to "trick the system" with help from her supervisor. For my family, FD is a huge savings. And something I never expected to get for a summer trip. Especially since this October, we're paying full rack price at CBR. You heard right...full rack:scared:

If she's right and POR/Values are excluded (especially with Standard already being booked for our CBR dates), the bookings are going to fill quickly. If you're visiting soon and have interest in the BB, I highly advise calling to book asap after arriving:thumbsup2

For any who might be interested, this was our experience...We stayed at Pop 8/02-8/07. It wasn't advertised in our room booklet. But, I knew of it through my TA friend who texted me on our way down. When I called reservations, the CM told me there was no in room marketing at the Values due to the BB only being offered for at least the Mods. And POR was excluded. Which fit us since we wanted CBR 6/2-6/12. We wanted Standard View. I was toying with waiting until we're back next month to book the offer, bc I wanted to spend that deposit money on souvenirs instead:earboy2: But, Standard was already booked up for our dates. That got my attention, so we booked on the spot with Water View. We have an AP, and at first the CM said this offer wouldn't allow us only having two park days to secure a package. After a long hold, she came back and said she was able to "trick the system" with help from her supervisor. For my family, FD is a huge savings. And something I never expected to get for a summer trip. Especially since this October, we're paying full rack price at CBR. You heard right...full rack:scared:

If she's right and POR/Values are excluded (especially with Standard already being booked for our CBR dates), the bookings are going to fill quickly. If you're visiting soon and have interest in the BB, I highly advise calling to book asap after arriving:thumbsup2

It sounds like you got some incorrect information from that cm. Values are not excluded. We booked two bb's at Pop in mid August. We also have an AP and we always book two day tickets. There has never been a problem doing this.

I'm glad you got CBR if that is what you wanted though. :thumbsup2 You might want to try calling back to see if you can book standard. You never know when availability may pop up.

Last edited:
I booked POR on the BB as well for August 12th to 19th, 2017. I have a preferred room. going with a group, we were all just there and booked POR on the BB...

I think the dates are only off because of the BB. trying to get some of those traveling to book for next year. I have a feeling we will see most of what would be regular dates, covered if the discount is released come April.

Could the dates reflect the opening of Avatar? Is Disney hoping to get some lift to their parks because of it and have less of a need to give FD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!