Boulder Ridge vs. Copper Creek?

Bolts27

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We sadly had to cancel our September 2020 trip as the COVID-19 situation continues to look grim. As we prepare to re-book for 2021, my family is looking at booking the Wilderness Lodge, this will be the first time for us.

We are wondering about the location of Copper Creek vs. Boulder Ridge. We are generally concerned about walking distance from bus stops and restaurants at the resort. Is either location a trek to the aforementioned areas?

Also, any other pros and cons of each location you think are worth noting?

Appreciate all the help and looking forward to returning home!

Note: This is an all-adult trip.

The Boulder Ridge rooms are bigger but a little worn out. They were supposed to be under reno right now but that was postponed due to Covid. CC are smaller and newer and have better access to most amenities. I like updated rooms so I always choose CC but that will change whenever the BRV Reno’s are done.

BRV is farther from EVERYTHING except the bus stops.

Long time owner at VWL (I refuse to call it BRV). As mentioned, CC rooms are newer, but they only sleep 4 unless you move up to a 2BR. Also correct in that VWL rooms are a bit older, but definitely quieter. CC and VWL are equidistant to the bus stop, depending on room locations. CC has all the amenities of the main Lodge at finger's tip, but GP and the quiet pool are closer to VWL.

In short, nothing is a great distance away from either CC or VWL as it's a smallish resort.

What about transportation to the parks?
I know they used to run boats to MK but do they also bus there? I’d assume busses everywhere else?

While potentially true, it all depends on where you are in both CC and VWL. That neither location is an onerous walk to any place on property is the larger point.

Tell me how in any way those two doors are further than the BRV ones : )

IMG_0191.png

What about transportation to the parks?
I know they used to run boats to MK but do they also bus there? I’d assume busses everywhere else?

There are buses for MK, shared. And buses everywhere else, also shared with another resort.

For those who own at CC, how hard is Studio availability at the 11 month window? Debating about adding a second contract and CCV is on the list, but the availability concerns me. We usually try to travel in early/mid Dec which adds to the availability challenge I am sure.

For those who own at CC, how hard is Studio availability at the 11 month window? Debating about adding a second contract and CCV is on the list, but the availability concerns me. We usually try to travel in early/mid Dec which adds to the availability challenge I am sure.
Early to mid December, studios have to be walked or you need a fixed week contract.

Thanks for the info. Guess it will come off the list. I’m not a huge fan of walking a reservation so another resort may be best.

Get the fixed week in early December for the studio. Roughly 118 points depending on the week.

You can always cancel if you get a reservation to get back the premium. There is also a chance in the future early December moves up in categories across DVC to be more expensive.

Besides 118 points for a week in a studio is a pretty good deal (although its Sunday to Sunday so you need to get something the first two nights if you fly in on Fridays)

Availability at CCV continues to become far more problematic than noted above, due to DVD's oversell of studios by having all those ridiculously point-expensive cabins with points that could be sold to those who could afford only studios, There are now many times of the year, not just the fall season, when studios (and lock-off 2BRs as a result) disappear very quickly at the 11-month window. You should likely avoid purchasing there if a studio is your desired room, regardless of what time of the year you travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter