Boulder Ridge - Refurb Schedule?

lukemorenus

O Captain! My Captain!
I see that Boulder Ridge was announced for a 2020 full refurbishment. Have any scheduling details been released? Is it likely that the refurb is done by January 2021?

Oh no! I didn't realize this was happening. We were going to try to book a few nights in November when our 7-month window opened, but maybe I should hold off and try to book for October of 2021. Maybe it will be finished by then???

Oh no! I didn't realize this was happening. We were going to try to book a few nights in November when our 7-month window opened, but maybe I should hold off and try to book for October of 2021. Maybe it will be finished by then???
Depends when they start. I don't know that they will even be starting until summer or later.

Depends when they start. I don't know that they will even be starting until summer or later.
Not good. That will hit all of our trips--November 2020, May 2021, and October 2021. And this is our favorite resort! How much of an inconvenience is staying at a resort during a refurb?

Officially, the refurb "begins 2020." They haven't attached a month.

Saratoga is going slow, though, so I'd assume later in the year, not earlier.

Do they typically work on one resort at a time?
They said BRV would start in 2020 knowing that Saratoga won't be done and will be work in progress, so they're aware that this will be two resorts going at one time. They have worked on more than one resort at a time before.

They often go a little wild on ROFR when they do this just to have the points for taking units out but still having cash rez units.

This Is Of No Consequence :).

DVC/BRV Owners since 2012. We have FOUR "Construction Pins" from the total chaos surrounding the CCV Construction Period :). Also lived through the LAST BRV Reno - and still alive and happy :).

What will occur:

1) Renos will be on a floor by floor basis. Not just for YOU, but also for the CREWS doing this work. Mask off a floor, kick everyone out, no one in the way.

2) There will be Noise. Probably from no sooner than 9:00 AM to no later than 5:00 PM. You will likely be at a Park.

Look, we had four GREAT Trips while WDW blew up the old pool, and built CABINS for CCV :). We LOVED all of this. TRIED to get "Construction View". Seriously - it's all going to be just fine :).
Thanks for the assurance, but our next trips will be our first with APs and we are excited to do Disney the way we've always wanted to do it. We want more resort time and less park time. We will actually probably NOT be in the parks from 9 to 5. And if there is noise, it just won't work. Guess I'll wait and see when they start and then decide about next October.

One month would be awesome!

The time required was awesome.

The quality of some of the work though was not - mostly the paint job on the cabinets. They didn't manage to paint the insides. In general though it was fairly amazing what they did in such a short time. If they had doubled it to 2 months they might have even managed to paint the inside of the cabinets!

The time required was awesome.

The quality of some of the work though was not - mostly the paint job on the cabinets. They didn't manage to paint the insides. In general though it was fairly amazing what they did in such a short time. If they had doubled it to 2 months they might have even managed to paint the inside of the cabinets!

Can’t happen soon enough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!