Bought into DVC and now I’m addicted

I love these stories! We have gone as many as three trips a year, but that’s only because our schedules are so busy we can’t work more in! Once we retire, look out! :rotfl:

Two years ago this week, we were in contract for our first resale contract. We now own 3 resale contracts and 1 direct. I haven't bought a contract in 9 months and I'm going into withdrawal.
We got our first points (resale) right about a year ago. We own 2 resale contracts and 1 direct. The only reason it's not 3 resale contracts is the 3rd never closed and I finally (after waiting patiently for 5 months) gave up and cancelled the contract (It hurt too because it was VGF for about $138/pt all in and I knew I wasn't going to get that now). But I did put an offer in on another one the next day, that is in ROFR now. You know you may have a problem when you are putting in offers on DVC contracts from Iraq...I had to send the husband a message to be on the look out for a check in the mail and not to worry that I had already found another contract :)

You're right!! It's addicting! It was funny to see that Pete and the DIS folks put on a DVC show, and by the end of the second recording, Pete went out and bought a DVC Contract!!

But I'm with you: We bought our first DVC contract last year resale, and are now on the waitlist for 75 pts direct at BLT.

You have no idea. In almost 13 years of doing the show, I think that's the first time I talked myself into buying something LOL. 1 add-on down, waiting on RofR on two more. It's insane and I have to stop myself from making any more offers - that's what is really killing me right now.

In fairness, it's not limited to DVC though. We did the test episode for the DCL show a few weeks ago, and during that show I was talking about how good the pricing was on the 2020 7-night sailings out of Dover England. Guess who's going on a 7 night sailing out of Dover England in 2020.

Threads like this make me feel better about myself since I see I'm not and alone and I'm in good company :)

We got our first points (resale) right about a year ago. We own 2 resale contracts and 1 direct. The only reason it's not 3 resale contracts is the 3rd never closed and I finally (after waiting patiently for 5 months) gave up and cancelled the contract (It hurt too because it was VGF for about $138/pt all in and I knew I wasn't going to get that now). But I did put an offer in on another one the next day, that is in ROFR now. You know you may have a problem when you are putting in offers on DVC contracts from Iraq...I had to send the husband a message to be on the look out for a check in the mail and not to worry that I had already found another contract :)

An intervention may be in order, but I am not the right person to lead it.

In fairness, it's not limited to DVC though. We did the test episode for the DCL show a few weeks ago, and during that show I was talking about how good the pricing was on the 2020 7-night sailings out of Dover England. Guess who's going on a 7 night sailing out of Dover England in 2020.

(goes to look at Dover 7-night sailings)

An intervention may be in order, but I am not the right person to lead it.

(goes to look at Dover 7-night sailings)

Seriously, for that itinerary, I thought the price point for a 7 night cruise was downright reasonable (because that's what passes for reasonable on DCL these days :smooth:).

Yes I’m multiple add ons also. I suspect we will run out of points next summer (2020) and have to take a year off, as my better half has said no more.

If you buy multiple DVC contracts - disney or resale, i presume you have to pay Annual Dues for each one?? Isn't that kind of expensive?

If you buy multiple DVC contracts - disney or resale, i presume you have to pay Annual Dues for each one?? Isn't that kind of expensive?

Yes. But by paying it every month, with a direct deduction from Disney, it just becomes another bill that I don't need to think about. That means that when I DO go, everything REALLY seems free.

I, legit, thought it was just me. I’ve been looking to purchase another resale for more points. I know I’m going to purchase direct through Disney sooner or later. Gosh. Where were the “addictive” warning signs???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter