Boudreaux trip report Part 1

Yvette Q.O.D.

Queen of Disney!
Please be patient with me every one, this is the first trip report I have ever done. I’m going to summarize then tell what we liked and didn’t like.

We spent our first day exploring our hotel, Grand Californian, and walking through Downtown Disney. We were sooooo exhausted from waking up at 3AM (central time) for a 6:45 flight that we had to force ourselves to stay up past 7:30PM (Pacific time). Some of us succeeded some of us didn’t.

Disneyland Park

We enjoyed ourselves very much. Yes the park is smaller than WDW (people warned us) but that didn’t bother us the way it did some people that we know. DH and I are more into atmosphere, and there was plenty of that. Main Street was great and just what I expected. Fantasyland was great and better than I expected, there were more rides. We enjoyed Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride very much (no longer at WDW). DH and I were born in New Orleans; we enjoyed New Orleans Square. The Pirates of the Caribbean is located there and was longer and better than expected. The restaurant however was not as good as expected. Everyone said we should eat at the Blue Bayou, so we had lunch. It was very pricey as expected but the food was mediocre. I told the waitress that in New Orleans we do use electricity. It was so dark that I could only read my menu by tilting it toward the restroom hall light. I realize the ride goes right through that area but come on I’d like to see what I’m about to order. I guess we are spoiled, but if a restaurant claims to have New Orleans style food…

We loved the Haunted Mansion. We like the movie “Nightmare Before Christmas” so this was a treat. We went on that ride several times. We also loved the Indiana Jones ride. One of our favorites is Splash Mountain. The lines for all of these rides were very short with a couple of exceptions. I’m sure it was the time of year (Oct. 22-27) and the events of Sept. 11th that made the crowd so light.

Toon Town was very good too. The kids loved it. My 8-year-old daughter was very disappointed that she couldn’t jump in the bounce house, she is very tall for her age and there is a height restriction. I believe you have to be less than 40 inches. We met Mickey and Minnie at their houses and got to go through and touch stuff. It was fun. Tomorrowland didn’t have a lot to offer us. We did Space Mountain once and Star Tours once. We were a bit queasy afterward. Autopia was a bit disappointing. Rocket Rods was closed and Inoventions was never opened when we wanted to go in, and Disney Radio was never on.

DH and I thought the atmosphere was great. When you love Disney just being there is sometimes enough. But like I said we’ve been spoiled, and not just on New Orleans cooking. WDW has been spoiling us for the last 25 or so years.

In the next installment some of our pet peeves.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the Blue Bayou - I ate there in August and loved it. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter