Bottomless Milkshakes

Since we're talking about the DDP... I've heard D-Luxe Burger at the Springs has some pretty rad milkshakes. They aren't bottomless, but does anyone know if that counts as your beverage? I'm hoping so!

I have been told no thy don't count. And French fries don't come with burgers they are a snack credit. I'm thinking if I went their I would rather just pay OOP.

I have been told no thy don't count. And French fries don't come with burgers they are a snack credit. I'm thinking if I went their I would rather just pay OOP.

Bummer! Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably skip it, then.

@KimBean
yeah, a quote of a quote of quote posted weirdly.
But I was just agreeing with you that it is WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR!
Five of us split three TS got milk shakes for beverages and a couple of desserts (used one of the "desserts" for a "drink"/I had water, too) couldn't not finish the cake and all were in a sugar coma afterwards! We are not tiny, non-sugar eating people either.
FTR, my family all got the PB&J milk shakes and loved it! I had one taste and though it too sweet and yuck.

Is it allowed to just get the bottomless milkshake? Do you need to order food also?

Is it allowed to just get the bottomless milkshake? Do you need to order food also?

It is a restaurant - you can order as much or as little as you want. You can just get a bottomless shake if you want. No problem!

I just had the bottomless shake at The Plaza last week. It is $9, so I would only get it if you plan on at least one refill!

Would it be frowned upon if the only thing you ordered at The Plaza was loaded fries and a bottomless milkshake?

1) Sure, you can do it.
2) But, without anything else being ordered, try getting the attention of your SERVER to get another shake.
3) SERVERS are there for tips, and a shake & fries order don't yield much of a tip.
4) I know one person that tried this at Whispering Canyon and gave up after the second shake, as the SERVER avoided the table.
. . . the person complained to a manager
. . . the SERVER just said they didn't notice the person trying to get her attention
. . . no foul no penalty
5) The person left with only two shake rounds being served to their table.

NOTE: As a SERVER, if this was the source of your income, wouldn't you avoid such tables and attend to larger tables with larger tips? Right or wrong, human nature is human nature.

2) But, without anything else being ordered, try getting the attention of your SERVER to get another shake.
3) SERVERS are there for tips, and a shake & fries order don't yield much of a tip.

Won't yield a tip if they ignore a table, that's for sure.

A server that does that isn't being a good server. And gets talked about to the manager.

Not that I'm ordering a shake anywhere. But a judgy server like that ruined my birthday meal 8 years ago at Disneyland and got no tip plus a manager chat, just because he decided that people who ordered a smaller amount of food wouldn't be tipping. (One of those "mistake; big mistake"
moments. )

NOTE: As a SERVER, if this was the source of your income, wouldn't you avoid such tables and attend to larger tables with larger tips? Right or wrong, human nature is human nature.

No, that isn't "human nature", that would be called "not doing your job" and RUDE.

I'm sure that most people who are there to order just the bottomless shakes would be willing to tip more than usual, but almost guaranteed NOT to tip much (if any at all) if they are ignored by the server.

No matter what you choose to order in a restaurant, you are still a customer.

I'm sure that most people who are there to order just the bottomless shakes would be willing to tip more than usual,

1) Oh, REALLY?
2) The SERVERS know the routine.
3) If people are cheap enough to just order the AYTCE milkshake, they are probably just as cheap on the tip.
4) If my family and I were dependent upon my tips, would I service other tables more readily?
5) Youbetcha.

1) Oh, REALLY?
2) The SERVERS know the routine.
3) If people are cheap enough to just order the AYTCE milkshake, they are probably just as cheap on the tip.
4) If my family and I were dependent upon my tips, would I service other tables more readily?
5) Youbetcha.

If you and your family were DEPENDENT on your tips, then one would think that you would work hard at your job so that you could earn every penny of those tips. Also keep in mind that if you ignore customers then they are going to complain to your manager, which then will also effect those tips that you and your family are DEPENDENT on bc you won't have a job.
And as a server, it's still rude to ignore your customers.

To anyone wanting to only order the bottomless milkshakes, don't hesitate. We have eaten at The Plaza many times and I'm sure you'll have an enjoyable experience.
I would love to know what The Plaza record is for how many shakes that someone has consumed in one sitting! :crazy2:Haha!

I love milkshakes, they are my favorite ice cream treat. But I don't think I've ever finished a milkshake and thought "Gee, another milkshake would sure hit the spot right now!" Maybe that can be my 2018 resolution: Go bottomless or go home!:earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter