Bottled Water

Gretchen

Mouseketeer
There was a thread, can't seem to find it tho. about what brand of bottled water to buy in Fl that didn't taste like Fl water.
Anyone know?
Thanks
Gretchen
Doin' the single digit dance!!

Gretchen - I started a thread on the Budget Board a couple of weeks ago asking why people bother with bottled water. Numerous replies mentioned various people's brand preferences and where they find the best deal.

Steve

Any of the brands that you're used to seeing at home should be fine. To the best of my knowledge, they get their water from one place and distribute it all over the country; they don't get water from different sources in different regions. Dansani is available everywhere, and so is the one that's bottled by Pepsi. (Is that Aquafina?) If you go to Wal-Mart, they have a generic brand, but I don't like that one. If you don't usually drink much bottled water at home, I'd get a pack of each of the major brands and see what you think before you go. Just because it doesn't taste like Florida water doesn't mean it's necessarily good. There's yucky water all over the place.

You probably already know this, but just in case...

They now sell Dasani in the parks. I think the bottles are $2.50 - they are fairly decent-sized bottles with great twist-to-drink caps. We were in heaven the last trip down to discover no more Zephyrhills water.

Gravymom

Goodings Grocery store sells Dannon water with a pop top that the kids love. We also took in juice boxes and soda. They also sell foam coolers (if you're not renting a fridge) that we filled with ice from the vending machine at WL...it kept everything very cold.

I am probably the "least" picky person I know...but when it comes to bottled water.........it MUST be spring water....okay...so it may be psychological....but I won't spend $$ on "purified water"...Dansai is "purified water"...comes from some municipal water source somewhere.....
Dannon does sell spring water..........IF that makes a difference to you.

Where's the best place to buy water bottles outside of the parks?Are they available at the local grocery stores? I found that $2.50 a bottle was pretty pricey ...

Goodings supermarket is located right near the Disney Village Marketplace. It is a beautiful market, we bought fruit to take into the parks, juice, some breakfast food - etc. There are good restaurants there too - Jungle Jim's, Pebbles.

the water in the parks costs 2.50 is danaski, but we buy one sixpack for 2.50,a very good water aquiafina in walmart

I bought a brita water bottle that has a filter built in for about $6 and carried that throughout the whole trip, and the filter worked great, it tasted like bottled water, not nasty FL water. Try that, you'll save a ton of $$. The bottle didn't leak or anything either, I had it in my backpack filled most of the time with no problem.

I am toooo cheap to pay even a dollar a bottle for, what--water?

If it is even warm, each person should drink lots of water and a family of four could spend $50 to $60 on just WATER--OUCH!

We packed empty gatorade 20 oz bottles, and filled them with ice from our hotels ice machine. Then our drinks were very cold. Everbody had a fanny pack with abottle holder, plus we had a couple extra in a backpack, plus a few more in a small soft sided cooler that was in the bottom of our stroller (that we brought--too cheap to rent!)

Restaurants gave us enough water to fill, if we needed it. Worked great for us, and ice machines have water filters on them, so we did not encounter any yucky taste.

I did not want to bring lunches in the park, but this was an easy way to keep everybody properly hydrated, plus more $$$$ for mickey stuff!! We just did not bring these bottles home with us.

Originally posted by IowaGirl
I am toooo cheap to pay even a dollar a bottle for, what--water?

Thanks IowaGirl. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks paying for water is ridiculous when you can get all you want for free. We have a 24 oz. sport bottle with an insulated carrier with shoulder strap. We either fill it with ice and water when we leave the room each morning, or if we have a freezer, freeze it overnite about 1/3 full then fill the rest with water in the morning. During the day, we just refill it with fresh ice and water from the restaurants. It's always ice cold and refreshing and sure beats paying for the pre-bottled stuff.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter