Boston Airport parking ideas?

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
Anyone local to Boston and familiar with the Logan airport parking....what are our best/cheapo options for 11 days? I'm currently debating either a park/sleep/fly deal or just paying to park at economy onsite...since they both cost about the same.....(so pricey!) I'd love to do a hired car ride,but we're about 2 hours drive,and I don't know how many decent priced options there are for this either..... any ideas? thanks

Which direction are you coming from? And how many people?

Check out Logan Express. It is off OFF site parking. http://www.massport.com/logan-airport/to-from-logan/transportation-options/logan-express/

Framingham, Braintree, Woburn & Peabody are all $7 per day for parking, but you also have to pay for the shuttle to the airport which is $12 one way or $22 round trip for an adult & free for kids 17 and younger. The shuttle can be 30-45 minutes to get to the airport in not extreme traffic.

Framingham would be the one to use then if you decide to go the Logan Express route.

I've used Park/Sleep/Fly before. I went for the most economical hotel choice before a 2 week Hawaii trip. The parking went great. The shuttle to and from worked just make sure you remind them of your needed shuttle time at check in and and again at least 30 minutes before. The room itself left a lot to be desired, but again I went with the cheapest option because I wasn't really planning to stay there even the one night.

looks like we'll go using 90 and 93(?) but I misspoke in the title.... I'm not necessarily looking for just cheap,but close to airport,and any ways at all to find savings there(the one time we used the economy lot on airport,it was over 100 for 4-5 days,which is steep. We have to be gone 11 days and I'm looking for options.....

I think the price is what it is unfortunately.

As you have discovered the economy lot & park/sleep/fly end up about the same. If you don't care for any of the suggestions in kaytieeldr's link my only other suggestion would be to check boston craigslist for people renting out their personal parking spots. That is where you may find cheap and close but that is going to most likely end up being an individual not a company. Do you really want to spend the 11 days you are gone wondering if you will still have a car when you get back?

Depending on your dates - the Hampton Inn Park/Sleep/Fly deal can often be cheaper than parking alone, and it is fairly close.

Flying out of Logan while you live in Connecticut? Does TF Green in Rhode Island not service flights to Orlando?

I would assume OP is not flying to Orlando, but maybe International if travelling to BOS from CT.

looks like we'll go using 90 and 93(?) but I misspoke in the title.... I'm not necessarily looking for just cheap,but close to airport,and any ways at all to find savings there(the one time we used the economy lot on airport,it was over 100 for 4-5 days,which is steep. We have to be gone 11 days and I'm looking for options.....

The Braintree Logan Express would be the closest, and likely the cheapest. $7 per day, $22 round trip for adults, kids free.

The Braintree Logan Express would be the closest, and likely the cheapest. $7 per day, $22 round trip for adults, kids free.

If you are coming from CT on I-90 (Mass Pike) you should not need I-93 at all. I-90 goes under I-93 in Boston just before you enter the Tunnel to Logan.

I like to use PreFlight Parking. It's an offsite lot maybe 5 minutes from Logan. You park your car yourself and a shuttle meets you at your parking spot. The driver will help you with your luggage. It's $18 per day but I am always able to find a coupon/discounted rate, usually by prepaying in advance. Nothing but good experiences.

ETA: I've considered the Logan Express but it always made me nervous that you can't reserve a spot or buy tickets in advance. If a shuttle bus fills up at a designated time, they don't send an extra bus, you simply must wait for the next one. I personally prefer paying extra to have more control, but I understand why LE works for a lot of people!

I used park shuttle and fly for the Star Wars half marathon weekend. They were really good minus a little confusion on our end for pickup.

Another vote for PreFlight, we use them often. Secure lot, 24 hour service, shuttles run often to all terminals. Has always been reliable. Logan parking is pricey all around, can often find a small discount for this one.

Thanks y'all...I'm going to check out the links you shared..... I'm used to cheaper parking deals out of HArtford.... the prices are just so high, but the direct flights are worth it in the end!

Google for discount coupons. Also, I noticed that first link I provided suggests Groupon. So, and Living Social if it hasn't been completely absorbed by Groupon. I still think, honestly, Logan Express from Framingham is your best option. I know it's not as close to the airport as you probably want, but you're going right through Framingham on the Mass Pike. $7*12 (in case you park for more than eleven 24-hour periods) is $84. You'd have to be traveling with more than five adults for it not to be your best option. Framingham over Braintree because it's pretty much a straight line, and easier to get out on your way home. And closer to home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter