• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Borrowing rules

MikeScott8

SSR-Poly DVC Member
OK so I know there are rules covering banking points, I am wondering what if any restrictions/rules there are for borrowing points from the upcoming year? do you have to do it once or can you borrow some points and then if you decide to do another trip can you borrow again? if you borrow points before banking deadlines and then don't use them can you bank them (assuming you meet the banking rules)?

A DVC wanna-be wondering,

Mike

Borrowing rules are as follows:

1. You can only borrow when making a reservation for a trip (and of course you have no reason to do so otherwise).

2. You can borrow as many times a year as you make ressies assuming you have points in the year from which borrowing will be done.

3. Points once borrowed stay borrowed (they cannot be banked or in any other way sent back to the year they came from). Thus if you cancel a trip, they must be used for a trip that concludes by the end of the use year into which they were borrowed.

You can borrow as many times as you want from your next use year as long as you have points! Any points borrowed into the current use year remain there. You cannot bank them or return them to the next use year.

You can, however, bank regular points into the next use year even though you borrowed into the original use year. For instance if you have 100 points in the 2002 UY and borrow 30 points from 2003 UY then you can bank any or all of those 100 points into the 2003 UY according to banking guidelines. I've done this ... don't ask why! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter