Borrowing Q -

CindeBella

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for Oct 2020 and want to borrow some points from our April 2021 year. Is it possible?

Yes it is. When you make the reservation, use your 2020 points and when you need more choose 2021 points to finish.

Remember, though, that if you need to cancel your Oct 2020 trip, your points will need to be used by March 31, 2021.

I thought so but when I tried several times to make the reservation the system wouldn't accept the reservation. Now, I missed the first date for the room we want.

I have 171 points for 2020 and need to borrow 73 from 2021. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I’d give MS a call then to have them check for you. An Oct 2020 is in your 2020 UY so you should be able to borrow,

Do you have more than 1 contract? If so, are you sure both are checked to use? That’s all I can think of

No, only one contract. I will call them to find out what the issue. Thank you everyone!

Expo facto - but in the future, should something like this happen, at least book the first days of your stay to secure them (if you are doing it at 11 months to the day, it will block that room from being taken for the later dates), even if you can not book the whole stay. Book as much as you can with current points, then call MS when they open,

It wouldn't allow me to make a single day. I called and explained what happened but was told it was too late because the room was taken for that night and we wouldn't be able to switch rooms.

He said I was booking too early for the system and to wait until 7am tomorrow (today) and try again, but again the system won't allow. Our home resort is BWV and the date is Oct 13, 2020.

*Edited to say, on the main reservation page, the system tells me I can begin booking but once I try, it tells me "This reservation can't be completed because the requested dates are outside of your booking window for this resort. Please select a reservation date on or after Mar 13, 2020, or use Vacation Points from another Home Resort contract to book this reservation."

Last edited:
It wouldn't allow me to make a single day. I called and explained what happened but was told it was too late because the room was taken for that night and we wouldn't be able to switch rooms.

He said I was booking too early for the system and to wait until 7am tomorrow (today) and try again, but again the system won't allow. Our home resort is BWV and the date is Oct 13, 2020.

*Edited to say, on the main reservation page, the system tells me I can begin booking but once I try, it tells me "This reservation can't be completed because the requested dates are outside of your booking window for this resort. Please select a reservation date on or after Mar 13, 2020, or use Vacation Points from another Home Resort contract to book this reservation."

Today is the 13th but booking doesn't open until 8 AM EST, not 7 AM. My clock says 7:43 so you can look before but it will not allow you to book until then. It should open at exactly 8 AM.

Why does it tell me to wait until Mar 13 for my home resort?

Another odd one, But what it sounds like is you are trying before the booking window opens.

Reservations that begin exactly at the 11 or 7 month window can’t be booked until 8 am EST. The system will let you put everything in and even check availability before that time, but when you go to book, becsuse you searched before 8, it won’t let you book.

What you want to do is enter all your dates and then wait until 8 am to click check availability.

Since you missed the day you wanted, put in a waitlist and keep trying. if you are losing out due to people walking, you should end up being able to get.

Why does it tell me to wait until Mar 13 for my home resort?
You're trying to use BWV points to book at BWV at 11 months and it won't let you? Do you have any other contracts (and home resorts) that you might have clicked accidentally?

Hope you had better luck today.

I had that same problem today. I had previously made a seven day reservation, then the next day I added a day. Today I went to add my final day and I got that same error message. Adding this last day required me to borrow from the next year. So, I am wondering if you get this message if your reservation requires you to borrow. Thankfully, I was able to call member services and add the last day as it was still available (VGC at 7 months!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!