Borrowing and banking

DHofCrazyMouser

Earning My Ears
I had made a reservation that used all of this years points, we did a few split stays and such since we had just got our first membership and are going in December. Now I found a room on the RAT that would fit into our vacation better and had to borrow points from next year to book it. Will I be able to cancel that day on the old reservation and be able to bank those points into next year, as long as I cancel it before the 60 days prior to check in? Do I have to call to get this done? I didn't want to call to book it since it was a BLT standard studio and didn't want to lose out on it.

banking and borrowing are FINAL transactions. once you use banking or borrowing to move a point to a new UY, the point is forever stuck in that new UY and will disappear into the void if not used to complete a stay by the end of that new UY.

if you can free up current UY pts, those can be banked into the next UY.

Well I'm just wondering if they will use all banked or borrowed points before current uy points so I will be able to bank those into next years uy?

You have control over which points are used. Make sure the CM does what you want.
You should be able to cancel, 30+ days before and have those points banked. As long as you are within your banking window.

Banking window, the first 8 months of your UY is important to note.

:earsboy: Bill

Ok thanks, our uy doesn't start til oct and we're going this December so we have plenty of time to bank leftover points

when you call to reallocate the points -- explain how confused you are by the whole process and the CM might bend the rules to unborrow your borrowed points.

Last year, I had to reallocate some points after I got a second resale contract and the CM unborrowed some previously borrowed points. She did it without my asking, which was nice.

Again -- don't expect this to happen...but do realize that it is a possibility. No idea how often it happens for people, but I have heard of others that were given the extra pixie dust. Certainly does not hurt to try -- but just be respectful when inquiring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter