Boondocking the night before??

Nicely Making Way

Earning My Ears
Has any one boondocked around Kissimmee or Lake Buena Vista the night before your stay at Fort Wilderness?
Thanks much

Thanks, we are looking at campgrounds but would rather boondock the night before. I called the Cracker Barrel in Kissimmee and it’s fine with them but evidently Osceola county has an ordinance against overnight stays but she said many people stay overnight anyway and just move on the rare occurrence the police swing by.

Boondocking is difficult in that part of FL. The east of Orlando WMs cannot accommodate. Might be able to do so at the Flying J in Haines City; call and check.
Have you considered county campsites? Reasonably priced.
[/QUOTE]

I've checked a few county parks and the cost is $15 a night :)

Boondocking is difficult in that part of FL. The east of Orlando WMs cannot accommodate. Might be able to do so at the Flying J in Haines City; call and check.
Have you considered county campsites? Reasonably priced.

I've checked a few county parks and the cost is $15 a night :)

One thing to check though is that the park hours and if they have "late arrival / check-in". Some parks close at 6-7pm and you can't enter if you haven't checked in by then.

We often stay overnight at WalMarts when travelling and most of the time, it's because we are arriving at 9pm or later.

I read somewhere if you make a reservation ahead of time, they will give you a security code so you can get through the gate after hours :)

I read somewhere if you make a reservation ahead of time, they will give you a security code so you can get through the gate after hours :)

Absolutely, I think it depends from park to park but we always call whenever we'll be arriving after 5pm. Make sure you ask about the code (I think last time we stayed at Fort Desoto (near St Pete, FL), we called and they said they'll leave a packet with the information (which they did) but we forgot to ask and the packet didn't include the gate code. Luckily someone else was either arriving or leaving at the same time and they gave it to us so we were able to enter).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter