BOOM! EXPRESS! No Wait!! A UOR December 2019 TR *COMPLETE* 4/27 x2

I love that they do the Hogwarts castle shows now! I liked the one at Halloween time the best. DBF's niece had a really fun interaction with a death eater drawing a dark mark on her!

We also got the photo package with the poster print lol. We asked to swap it out for a smaller size and the TM insisted on giving us an extra 8x10 plus the poster print. it was a nice gesture but we still aren't sure what to do with the poster lol

I was really looking forward to seeing the Halloween one with the Death Eaters when we were originally booked for October! The Christmas one was great, but that one sounds really creepy and cool. I was bummed to miss out on it. Maybe one day!

Hahahaha we had no clue what to do with a poster print either!!! Seems a bit over the top. :rotfl:

Day 5: Tuesday December 10th

On our last day, we were up and moving early to get all of our last minute items put into suitcases before we headed off to the parks for a few last hours of fun before our flight.

IMG_7607
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Since my dad had not had a chance to ride Hagrid’s yet, we thought we’d give rope drop another shot. My mom volunteered to take the kids over to Seuss Landing while DH, my dad, and I walked briskly with purpose over to Hagrid’s at park opening.

UniDec19 05-001

IMG_2696

IMG_2697

IMG_2698

IMG_2700

…Aaaaaaaand that was as far as we made it! They started playing announcements that there was a brief delay. Then we still weren’t moving. And still weren’t moving. Then it turned into an extended delay. And we were discussing what to do. DH wanted to hold out a little longer, I think, because he REALLY wanted to ride again, and I know my dad wanted a chance to try it. But by the time it got to be 9:30 and there was no end to the delay in sight, I convinced them we should bail because it was our last morning, and did we REALLY want to spend the whole time in line and STILL maybe not even end up riding before we had to leave??

While we had been waiting, the kids and my mom had been having fun in Seuss Landing.

IMG_5645

IMG_5648

IMG_5649

IMG_5651

IMG_5653

IMG_5655

It ended up being a good idea for us to leave the line to meet up with them, because I don’t think the ride ended up coming back online before we had to leave to get to the airport anyway. It was a bummer, and DH decided he needed a frozen butterbeer to get him through it.

IMG_8436

IMG_8438

We found my mom and the kids and decided there wasn’t anything we wanted to do in IOA if we couldn’t do Hagrid’s, so we walked over to the Studios.

My parents took the kids on Jimmy Fallon so DH and I could go over and get in one quick ride on The Mummy.

IMG_5658

IMG_5661

IMG_5662

UniDec19 05-004

MUP-107

We finished up first so we waited for them outside of Jimmy Fallon.

Continued in next post...

Day 5 Continued: Tuesday December 10th

When they caught up with us, we asked the kids what they wanted their last ride to be, and both said Gringotts. My parents wanted to ride Transformers (I think they weren’t with us when we went on it, so they hadn’t ridden it yet), so we split up.

We even had time to catch Celestina Warbeck perform a couple of songs when we came out of the ride.

That was a nice last ride to close out a great trip!! I don’t remember exactly why, but we decided to grab a burger at Richter’s to split before leaving the park. I think because we’d be traveling to the airport smack during the middle of lunchtime for us, so we wanted something to hold us over until we could get there and through security?

Then it was time to say “That’s a Wrap!” on another fantastic Universal Orlando vacation!!

We got to the airport at 12:15 pm, plenty of time before our 2:30 flight to get through security and get something to eat before boarding. Our flight left a little later than scheduled, but we still got back pretty close to when we had been expecting.

I was pretty nervous though, because that night I had tickets for me and my sister to go see Hanson! It happened to work out that they were going to be in New Orleans performing that night on their Wintry Mix tour where they were performing lots of their Christmas original songs, covers, and some of their regular songs. As soon as I heard the pilot say we were going to be delayed, I started sweating. I was so worried I would have paid all this money for tickets and now I was going to miss the show!

Despite that snafu, and then my sister dropping the bomb on me that not only was she working until 5 (door for the show were at 6!) and she had to go home to change and shower, but also that despite telling me months ago that I could spend the night at her house after the show, she said she forgot to tell me she was having her pipes worked on at her apartment so she was sleeping somewhere else that night and I’d have to find other arrangements. I was A LOT annoyed with her about that, but couldn’t really let it show so that we could still have a good time together, but I was freaking out just a bit. Luckily, when we all got to my grandmother’s house to get our vehicles, my grandmother said it was no problem for me to stay the night.

We ended up having a great time at the concert!! And I so appreciate DH for not only getting the kids all the way back home (a 2 hour drive) and to school in the morning, but then he drove BACK to New Orleans the next day to pick me up!!

IMG_8445

IMG_8526

IMG_8525

IMG_8521

IMG_8495

IMG_8499

IMG_8493

Not too bad to start off my day in Orlando at one of my two favorite theme park destinations, and end it in New Orleans with my favorite band!! What a way to wrap up another amazing visit to Universal Orlando!

Thanks so much for following along, yet again! If you haven't already, please check out my current WDW TR from our visit at the end of February (in before the pandemic!!) here:

Sorry I missed a few updates!

The ET photos came out great!

Poppy & Branch are so cute. I finally watched Trolls for this first time during this quarantine! hahaha

The HP projection show seems really cool!

Ugh I'm sorry you couldn't get on Hagrid's on your final morning! But otherwise sounds like you had a fun final morning!

From Orlando right to a Hanson concert! I'm glad you were able to make it despite the hiccups!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!