Bookstores: Best or Bargain?

supedewoop

Earning My Ears
I'd like to visit a bookstore at least once while I'm in Orlando, maybe more. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, are there any bargain or used bookstores near to the parks with a good selection of kids' books? I'm an ESL teacher, and that's the best way for me to build my lending library.

I'd like something beyond a Barnes & Noble, but if that's the only option, I'll take it. I'd also be interested in local comic book shop recommendations!
Thanks!

The only one I've ever gone to is the B&N on Sand Lake in the Dr. Philips area. Standard B&N fare. It is fairly close to the bubble.

Hopefully some of the locals will have better suggestions.

A quick check on Google Maps didn't bring up much for bookstores in the area, but it did suggest a place called Gods & Monsters at Orlando Crossing which appears to have some comic books (looking at the pictures of it).

The only used bookstores I know of are both in Winter Park (a little north of Orlando)- Writer’s Block and New Leaf. WP is worth a day trip as it’s really a beautiful town.

I second Gods and Monsters as well as Coliseum of Comics.

I'd like to visit a bookstore at least once while I'm in Orlando, maybe more. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, are there any bargain or used bookstores near to the parks with a good selection of kids' books? I'm an ESL teacher, and that's the best way for me to build my lending library.

I'd like something beyond a Barnes & Noble, but if that's the only option, I'll take it. I'd also be interested in local comic book shop recommendations!
Thanks!

When are you visiting? The local libraries have book sales.

I'm visiting May 10-21. I'll have some time to travel, outside Disney, but probably not a whole day.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into Winter Park and Gods and Monsters. If worse comes to worse and I don't make it to a bookstore, it just means I save money, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter