Booking with Disney Visa Rewards Card Question

amy1115

Mouseketeer
I booked a vacation package today, and completely forgot that I have the Disney Visa Rewards Card and can take advantage of the 0% for 6 months financing. I only paid the deposit today with another card that I have. Is it too late to change the payment type on this reservation? Also, even if I can't change the payment type on the $200 I paid today, would I be able to charge the rest of the package amount to the Dis Visa and at least get the 0% Financing on that? TIA!

They'd probably have to cancel and rebook you to change the deposit payment info...but I think any other payments you apply using the disney visa would be at 0%.

It's been a while since I've done the financing, but when I booked a Disney cruise, all the payments i made using the card were 0% for 6 months, even though I didn't use that card to pay for the whole trip.

As far as I know, the ENTIRE package needs to be paid for using the Disney Visa, deposit and balance due. You should call back and cancel, then rebook.

I am pretty sure you can update your payment. I did this with a travel agent years ago. I booked the trip and paid my deposit. Then I got a disney visa. I paid the rest of the balance on my Disney visa and my agent said I had 6 months interest free to pay.

And don't forget about the Disney Dollars you earn. We are going for 10 days and I booked 2 rooms at AKL, lots of Disney Dollars on that one.

Just to give you a heads up we are going for Thanksgiving and every time I tried to go on MDE to pay a little at a time using the Disney Visa I would experience problems which I was told when I called is a known issue so paid it off over the phone every time.

I booked a vacation package today, and completely forgot that I have the Disney Visa Rewards Card and can take advantage of the 0% for 6 months financing. I only paid the deposit today with another card that I have. Is it too late to change the payment type on this reservation? Also, even if I can't change the payment type on the $200 I paid today, would I be able to charge the rest of the package amount to the Dis Visa and at least get the 0% Financing on that? TIA!

We used our Disney visa to pay off the last several hundred dollars of our trip 2 years ago. We booked in April and didn’t even get the Visa card till late summer so I know we didn’t put the deposit on it. We still got the 0%.

We used our Disney visa to pay off the last several hundred dollars of our trip 2 years ago. We booked in April and didn’t even get the Visa card till late summer so I know we didn’t put the deposit on it. We still got the 0%.
Great. One more question. Did the 6 months you had to pay for it start in April when tou booked the package, or did it start when you made your first payment with the rewards card?

Great. One more question. Did the 6 months you had to pay for it start in April when tou booked the package, or did it start when you made your first payment with the rewards card?

I think we made the final payment in October (trip was November). We had 6 months from then to pay (so like around April of the next year).

As far as I know, the ENTIRE package needs to be paid for using the Disney Visa, deposit and balance due. You should call back and cancel, then rebook.

Incorrect. Any individual payment over (I think) $100 qualifies for the 0% financing. If multiple payments are made, each payment will have it’s own 6-month period.

would I be able to charge the rest of the package amount to the Dis Visa and at least get the 0% Financing on that? TIA!

I don’t know if you can change the deposit, but yes, any future payments should qualify.

Enjoy your vacation!

Incorrect. Any individual payment over (I think) $100 qualifies for the 0% financing. If multiple payments are made, each payment will have it’s own 6-month period.

I don’t know if you can change the deposit, but yes, any future payments should qualify.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you!

Enjoy your vacation!
One last question. The 0% for 6 mos os good on both the Disney Visa Premier and the regular Diney Visa Rewards card. Correct?

Yeah, like PPs have said, it doesn't matter to the Visa what card you booked with, you just get 6 months at 0% for any Disney vacation payment you make. So each payment has its own 6mos clock and so you need to keep track of how many payments you made and when they are due. We made that mistake once and thought it was 6 months from time of travel. Didn't end well.

Does the 6 month 0% with the dIsney visa apply if you book with a travel agent or just for reservations made directly through Disney Travel???
I think this will depend on how your TA will pay Disney. If they pay on your behalf with your card, it will work. If they pay with their own means and use your card to pay them, you will be out of luck.

It must depend on the TA. The one I used both last year and this year stated on the quote its not eligible for the Disney Visa financing :worried:

To piggyback on this question, I did a balance transfer to my Disney Visa at 0% APR and my final payment for my trip will be added shortly, also at 0% APR. Does anyone know how they apply the payments I make to the card when both charges on it are 0%? Will it pay down the balance transfer first because it was on there first, or will it pay down the Disney trip first since the 0% APR expires earlier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!