Booking Virgin Reward Flight Seats

Looby Loo

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

Don’t know whether anyone can help me with this/has any thoughts on this but here goes....

It’s been quite a while since we’ve flown to Orlando but in previous years we’ve always used our Virgin Airmiles and visited in July and never had problems finding a reward flight early July.

Now we have a little one and because I’ve never been in October for Food & Wine/Halloween, we currently have AKL booked early October but I’ve been tracking reward flights for the past few weeks and there’s very limited direct reward flights/ no direct reward flights in September and I’m beginning to panic that there won’t be any direct reward seats released for October (I only booked accommodation before flights because I needed to secure free dining).

Is the limited availability normal at 331 days out (do they release for cash buyers first & then open up reward seats?) or is this a knock on from TC ceasing trading as there’s one less competition so they’re reducing the number of reward seats?

It’s a few years since I tried to book reward seats but back then I called virgin because of a similar issue and they told me that for all routes APART from Orlando, reward seats are available from the day the flights are released. With Orlando though they release them anywhere between a day and a month later 🤷‍♀️

It’s a few years since I tried to book reward seats but back then I called virgin because of a similar issue and they told me that for all routes APART from Orlando, reward seats are available from the day the flights are released. With Orlando though they release them anywhere between a day and a month later 🤷‍♀️
Thanks for the reply, it’s so frustrating as there seems to be some direct flights out but absolutely no direct flights home.

I know reward flights aren’t guaranteed but it’s hard to use the miles when there’s no clear guidelines on when/if they’ll be released 😔

Fingers crossed over the next few months, they’ll be released 😬 I do think this is, in part, a knock on result of TC too

Where are you looking to fly from and to? What dates are you checking for your return flight. I've been looking for October 21st and noticed today that there were round trip miles flights available from Gatwick to MCO with a return date of 8th October.
I don't know if my link would work for you but will give it a try:
https://www.virginatlantic.com/flig...eySuffix=2fc71302-3af8-4b08-a405-16cf2bafb311
edit to say: The link just took me to the 1st page of 'book a flight' when accessed from a different browser - however there's now one for 3rd to 11th on the same link - good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Hi @ThinkBelieveDream&Dare My ideal dates are 1st - 16th October 2020. I have some flexibility because the Universal or beach leg of the holiday could come before the Disney madness if needs be but that would only change the dates very slightly so 26th September - 11th October.

And ideally from Manchester but again, we could travel down to London the night before if flights are available.

Virgin Atlantic are saying this has got anything to do with TC but I’m sceptical as I have never known it to be this difficult to find direct reward flights from Manchester using air miles before and whether we have flown or not in previous years, I always check to see where the miles will take us...

I guess I’ll just need to hold my nerve until the New Year and sadly, if they don’t release them I’ll have to cancel my Disney booking 😪

Hi @Looby Loo I'm totally new to this but I've played around with the site and it seems your dates are not released yet, looks like they should be out in a few more days :)
Have a look at this site to find when your flights 'should' be released':
https://www.convertunits.com/dates/daysfromnow/331 it says that 331 days from Today (November 12 2019) the date would be October 8th 2020.

It does seem that all the reward flights from Manchester around your dates are indirect, some of them have an 8 hour layover eeeks!
You may have better luck looking into flying direct from Manchester to Melbourne (MLB) - I guess that depends which beaches you're planning to visit though as it's apparently a fair old trip to WDW from there.

Sorry I haven't been much help but really wish you all the luck in the world pixiedust:pixiedust:
By the way, we're DVC owners at AKL and hoping to get reward flights for our October trip too.
Please come back and let me know how you get on.

We live in the US and are looking to go to London in 2021. We were thinking September so I’ve been trying to look at next year to get a good idea. I can’t find anything from Orlando to London (all airports) for September or October. Is this normal for it to be this sold out? Idk if I should be looking at other airlines or what

We live in the US and are looking to go to London in 2021. We were thinking September so I’ve been trying to look at next year to get a good idea. I can’t find anything from Orlando to London (all airports) for September or October. Is this normal for it to be this sold out? Idk if I should be looking at other airlines or what
Flights are not released that far a head it's usually 11 months before the date you want

Hi, Are you looking for reward flights or cash payments.
I checked British Airways site (changing region to USA) adding dates London Bound Sept 1st & USA bound Sept 30th 2020 just to get an idea of price.
Link to BA page with prices for you.
https://www.britishairways.com/trav...ibility=LOWEST&journeyType=RTFLT&source=false
orl-to-london-Sept1st2020.JPG

Hi, Are you looking for reward flights or cash payments.
I checked British Airways site (changing region to USA) adding dates London Bound Sept 1st & USA bound Sept 30th 2020 just to get an idea of price.
Link to BA page with prices for you.
https://www.britishairways.com/trav...ibility=LOWEST&journeyType=RTFLT&source=false
View attachment 455577
Thanks for the response. We would be doing reward flights. We have chase points we hope to transfer to a partner to fly with. It doesn’t have to be virgin. I’d like to stay away from BA since they have such high taxes and fees.

So I'm assuming that Chase miles are transferrable to Virgin Flying Club as we in UK can use our miles on Delta.
What dates are you looking for @Haley R how many passengers?
I did a search on Virgin Atlantic for 2 adults Direct using dates 1st Sept 2020 to 30th and got this:

3rd Sept to 1st Oct.JPG

Hope

So I'm assuming that Chase miles are transferrable to Virgin Flying Club as we in UK can use our miles on Delta.
What dates are you looking for @Haley R how many passengers?
I did a search on Virgin Atlantic for 2 adults Direct using dates 1st Sept 2020 to 30th and got this:

View attachment 455619

Hope
Yeah we can transfer points directly to virgin from chase. It’s a pretty good redemption that’s why we were hoping to do that. I’m not looking for specific dates just yet because we’re planning to go in 2021. I was just trying to get an idea so I know when to book and what it’ll be like next year. I was thinking sometime in September because I was told that’s after school vacation

pixiedust:Glad you can transfer your miles without too much hassle @Haley R :)
Have been checking VA for reward flights for Oct 2020 but our specific dates are not yet available - hopefully we'll get lucky in a couple of weeks :thumbsup2
Awww I just noticed your ticker - huge congratulations on your 'little nugget' :cheer2: :tink:

pixiedust:Glad you can transfer your miles without too much hassle @Haley R :)
Have been checking VA for reward flights for Oct 2020 but our specific dates are not yet available - hopefully we'll get lucky in a couple of weeks :thumbsup2
Awww I just noticed your ticker - huge congratulations on your 'little nugget' :cheer2: :tink:
What dates are you looking for? I hope you get the flights you want!

We’re very excited for our nugget to come! That’s why we won’t be going next year. I don’t want to book tickets until after the birth to make sure everything goes okay.

What dates are you looking for? I hope you get the flights you want!

We’re very excited for our nugget to come! That’s why we won’t be going next year. I don’t want to book tickets until after the birth to make sure everything goes okay.

Thank you Haley - We're hoping for Oct 21st to Nov 4th - fingers and everything crossable are firmly crossed lol.
Anticipation to see your little one can only be surpassed by the joy you'll feel at first sight of your precious new child.
Best wishes to you all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!