Booking villas with cash

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by APiratesLifeForMe2, Dec 18, 2018.

1. APiratesLifeForMe2

APiratesLifeForMe2 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

Just back to update everyone on our experience. You cannot book cash villas until all days of your vacation are within the 11 month window. We were able to secure 2, 2 bedroom villas for cash at the grand Floridian. The studios were not available but there were 1 bedrooms. We decided to forgo the studio/1 bedroom for that family member and just have a regular room at GF. We did put a deposit down with David’s but they don’t have anyone with points for even one of our rooms. I’m keeping in the que with them until availability is gone simply because it would be much cheaper. However, it’s good to know for future that a cash villa is completely doable!! You just have to wait until all days in your stay are within the 11 month window.

2. BillPA

BillPA DIS Veteran

Happy for you, but disappointed that DVC didn't wait until the 60 day breakage point to rent out someone points.

APiratesLifeForMe2 likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

They have other requirements to rent out - mostly trades. Well, I assume trades outweigh breakage but either way they still have to pay for the trades.

5. BillPA

BillPA DIS Veteran

Just seams odd that I can't get a 2 BR on points but they have 2 for cash. One more 'gotcha" to the members.

APiratesLifeForMe2 likes this.
  6. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

Devil - details. Allowed to anticipate needs to pay for trades etc. Right to access all villa types etc. At least two years I noted they had AKV concierge rooms on CRO at 11 months out. I actually wrote and called to question them - mostly based on the information here that at BWV they do not turn over Boardwalk views for cash. The response was they have the same rights as owners to "reserve" any accommodations and turn them over for cash. Must have some pretty fast MS CM's booking those nights at 8 am!

7. BillPA

BillPA DIS Veteran

Maybe that have a MS clock that is a few minutes ahead of the rest of the world.

KAT4DISNEY likes this.
  8. APiratesLifeForMe2

APiratesLifeForMe2 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

I completely agree with you. If it was a resort that was still being actively sold then I would understand since they hold greater ownership.