Booking villas with cash

Just back to update everyone on our experience. You cannot book cash villas until all days of your vacation are within the 11 month window. We were able to secure 2, 2 bedroom villas for cash at the grand Floridian. The studios were not available but there were 1 bedrooms. We decided to forgo the studio/1 bedroom for that family member and just have a regular room at GF. We did put a deposit down with David’s but they don’t have anyone with points for even one of our rooms. I’m keeping in the que with them until availability is gone simply because it would be much cheaper. However, it’s good to know for future that a cash villa is completely doable!! You just have to wait until all days in your stay are within the 11 month window.

Happy for you, but disappointed that DVC didn't wait until the 60 day breakage point to rent out someone points.

They have other requirements to rent out - mostly trades. Well, I assume trades outweigh breakage but either way they still have to pay for the trades.

Just seams odd that I can't get a 2 BR on points but they have 2 for cash. One more 'gotcha" to the members.

Devil - details. Allowed to anticipate needs to pay for trades etc. Right to access all villa types etc. At least two years I noted they had AKV concierge rooms on CRO at 11 months out. I actually wrote and called to question them - mostly based on the information here that at BWV they do not turn over Boardwalk views for cash. The response was they have the same rights as owners to "reserve" any accommodations and turn them over for cash. Must have some pretty fast MS CM's booking those nights at 8 am!

Just seams odd that I can't get a 2 BR on points but they have 2 for cash. One more 'gotcha" to the members.
I completely agree with you. If it was a resort that was still being actively sold then I would understand since they hold greater ownership.

I have been looking to pay cash for a GF studio villa, and I cannot find ANY dates that one is available in 2019 or in 2020. Any advice?

I have been looking to pay cash for a GF studio villa, and I cannot find ANY dates that one is available in 2019 or in 2020. Any advice?
There are only 47 to start with. I would expect not to get that and book hotel side.

@_auroraborealis_ Got it...thanks for the info. So, I can't find any availability because there are just so few GF studios to start with? I'm assuming they are all booked either with other cash folks who beat me to it, or with DVC points being used?

@_auroraborealis_ Got it...thanks for the info. So, I can't find any availability because there are just so few GF studios to start with? I'm assuming they are all booked either with other cash folks who beat me to it, or with DVC points being used?
Potentially. Cash villas only become available 11 months out or less, as well, since Disney "books" those with their own points, and are subject to similar rules as any other owner in that regard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!