Booking Universal Hotel Question

terryellen1

Earning My Ears
Long time Disney traveler...first time Universal.

Looking to book the Royal Pacific for 4 nights in November and want to make sure I am doing this correctly. When I reserve on the Universal website the grand total for 4 nights and 4 days of admission is $2700 for a regular room and $3200 for club including tickets. When I go to Undercover Tourist, I can get the hotel and tickets for $2338 for a regular room and $2375 for club including tickets.

I just want to be sure that there isn't some issue with booking with an alternate site? I am just so surprised by the large price difference..reassurance would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

I've booked Universal hotels from Undercovertourist and had no issues. Sometimes, the travel agents can get better rates than direct. Good thing is, both can be refunded, if you do it within the stated refund period. The only thing is different, is with Undercovertourist, you pay in full. With direct, you pay for one night, and the rest at check out.

Congrats on getting a great deal. Relax, you're going in November, and RP is one of our favorite hotels. Will be there in October.

I've always booked directly with Universal because I don't like to use a middle person. I book hotel and ticket separately in case a modification is necessary.
Since you're going to the parks for 4 days, have you considered getting an annual pass? There are several pass options to choose from and they're 50% - 65% cheaper than the Disney AP.
With the Universal AP, you'll get 15% off of additional park tickets and ~30% off hotel cost. The only downside is that the AP hotel rates only come out 3 months in advance.

We rarely book directly and have never had a problem. We’ve book through Undercover Tourist and Priceline. If you are a Chase Ultimate Rerards user, you can book on points. That’s what we used this time. We got a better deal on tickets through Orlando Ticket Conection this time. Even UT was $35 a ticket cheaper that Universal.

It's better to book separately for sure!

Also, not guaranteed but there might be ticket deals closer to your stay. For instance our trip in Nov '18 we were able to get their 2 days + 2 free promo tickets. The ticket deal that ran through the summer '18 was 2+1 free.

So I think right now with booking you're looking at standard ticket rates through Universal's site because they wouldn't have promos available yet.

FWIW I booked our stay through expedia, I was also surprised to see I got 10% back from ebates with our stay. That might be a good option as well.

I think there are times to book a package through Universal and times to book separately at your website(s) of choice. We are frequently pricing trips and found that the "Splash, Stay, & Play" package is a few hundred less than booking separately at any combination of other sites. Now, that may change depending on the dates and duration, but you should always look at both options (package or a la carte). We try to book 9-12 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!