Booking two rooms.

MK4ever

Mouseketeer
How does it work when booking two rooms? We are bringing family and we thinking of doing a 2 bedroom, but have decided to try for 2 studios at the Poly. Is it better to call with this or is there a way to do this online. Can my name be on both or does my husband need to book one and I book one (we are both DVC members, our relatives are not DVC members). Is it possible to request connecting studios at the Poly? To complicate matters the first few days are a different use year, so I will have to bank some points and save some. Ugh. Thanks for any advice and help.

Book one and then book the other. The folks on the phone would do it the same way.

If you are worried about availability, only put one name on the first room so you can book it quickly and move onto the second. You can add names to the reservation later.

Agree with prior post...all you can do is move quickly on computer. Website starts booking at 8am, Member Services at 9am. Waiting that extra hour to call will NOT improve your odds.

The separate Use Years may complicate things. Book as much as you can in the first use year online, then call member services to help with the rest. Connecting rooms are strictly a request (not guaranteed.). But since nearly all rooms at the Poly connect, it's a very easy request to fill.

I'm interested in doing this next year. Curious to know if you can be logged onto your account on two different computers to book two rooms? Or if my DH would need a separate account to do that? We are both on the contract, but we have only one account to log into. He never set up one.

I'm interested in doing this next year. Curious to know if you can be logged onto your account on two different computers to book two rooms? Or if my DH would need a separate account to do that? We are both on the contract, but we have only one account to log into. He never set up one.
Two accounts might work. One will not.

I will make sure and make myself and my husband an account when we are able. That is a great tip. Thanks guys!

Two accounts might work. One will not.

Also test it before you try and make the reservations. It might drop the first room that is being held when the other account selects a room. I believe that is what happens when you try it under one account.

I've done this twice at Poly. I'm the only DVC member in my family. For my upcoming trip I have my name on one room with husband and sons. Then I book the second room and put my older daughter (21yo), along with her girlfriend and my youngest daughter. Once that's done I send an email and ask them to link the the reservations, they put a "Travels With" designation on them. With this designation, Poly will attempt to put us in connecting rooms. It worked just fine last year so I'm confident our September trip will be just fine.

When we travel I'll bring an older magic band from one of my girls just in case we aren't in connecting rooms, that will give me a band to get into the other room if needed.

Agree with prior post...all you can do is move quickly on computer. Website starts booking at 8am, Member Services at 9am. Waiting that extra hour to call will NOT improve your odds.

The separate Use Years may complicate things. Book as much as you can in the first use year online, then call member services to help with the rest. Connecting rooms are strictly a request (not guaranteed.). But since nearly all rooms at the Poly connect, it's a very easy request to fill.

Quick question: We are looking to book 2 studios at OKW. My husband never created an account. In any case, we will also need to "purchase" 4 points from Disney to do the 2 rooms. So, I will definitely have to call Member Services, correct? Do both rooms have to have me or my husband's name on it? Myself, my husband and 2 daughters would be in 1 room and my parents would be in the other. Thanks!

I just did this for Nov 2018 Trip with split stays at BRV & AKV. I made separate reservations online; one had my name family members (DW, DD's), and the other was for my brother in law and his family. There is an option on the reservations online when you enter the names of the guests to check a box that says the guest is not a DVC member.

I've kept the emails under my name though since I am the planner for all, and just added to my disney experience to make things easier. Otherwise, I think they could have their own account and just link the reservations themselves.

Quick question: We are looking to book 2 studios at OKW. My husband never created an account. In any case, we will also need to "purchase" 4 points from Disney to do the 2 rooms. So, I will definitely have to call Member Services, correct? Do both rooms have to have me or my husband's name on it? Myself, my husband and 2 daughters would be in 1 room and my parents would be in the other. Thanks!

You may book rooms for anyone you wish so owners do not have to also be on the reservation. You will have to call in to book the reservation where you need to purchase the 4 points but you could go ahead and book the first room online at 8am.

You may book rooms for anyone you wish so owners do not have to also be on the reservation. You will have to call in to book the reservation where you need to purchase the 4 points but you could go ahead and book the first room online at 8am.

Thanks so much for responding. One other thing, so if I make the reservation under my account for my parents, they are considered under my reservation, correct?

Thanks so much for responding. One other thing, so if I make the reservation under my account for my parents, they are considered under my reservation, correct?

The control of that reservation will be under you up until they check in. I don't know if they have their own MDE account or if you control them under yours but that room reservation will have to be linked to where ever they are on MDE in order to order customized MB's. And if, for example, if you want to try and get rooms closer together you will have to ask MS to note that you are traveling with xxxx as the room assigner won't consider the room tied to the room you and your family are in.

I booked 2 studios at the Poly for November. The first reservation is under my name for 5 people. The second reservation is under my husband's name for 2 people.

I can see my reservation on My Disney Experience but not the other. When I try to link I get an error that it is already linked to his MDE accout. I am the planner. Is there no way for me to see this reservation?

Under your MDE account make sure that your husband, the rest of your family, and friends are listed in the "My Family & Friends List" under the "Account" tab.

This might clear it up, because I can see a reservation that I made for my sister during the same time that we are staying there and she is listed in my friends and family list. This will also let anyone on this list use the PhotoPass if you purchased this for your stay. We found this out when on our last trip when we found photos of my whole family, who were staying in separate rooms from us.

Under your MDE account make sure that your husband, the rest of your family, and friends are listed in the "My Family & Friends List" under the "Account" tab.

This might clear it up, because I can see a reservation that I made for my sister during the same time that we are staying there and she is listed in my friends and family list. This will also let anyone on this list use the PhotoPass if you purchased this for your stay. We found this out when on our last trip when we found photos of my whole family, who were staying in separate rooms from us.

Yes, they are there in the "My Other Family and Friends" section

Hmmm, might need to call Disney IT for this issue then to manual link the reservation.

Yes, they are there in the "My Other Family and Friends" section

Is his MDE account set up to allow others to view his plans? Ie, is his profile set to be private or to share? I'm not certain what it blocks if it's set to private but it will not show some information and is where I'd look first.

I finally got this fixed today. Something had to be switched on the background. MS took care of it in no time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter