Booking two rooms w/ AP discount, does a pass holder need to be in each room?

JFDIS

Mouseketeer
Hi!

My family of four all have APs. We have friends meeting us (they do not have APs) and we are all staying on property for the same dates.

A) Can we book their room using our discount?
B) Does one person w/ an AP need to be in each room to get the discount?
C) Can we book at different resorts (same dates)?

Thanks!

At this time, Annual Passholders can book up to three rooms with the special offer. The Annual Passholder must be on one of the room reservations to receive the discounted rate. You will need to book the rooms separately one at a time, but as long as you are booking them under your My Disney Experience account that is linked to your Annual Pass, you will be able to take advantage of the discount.

At this time, Annual Passholders can book up to three rooms with the special offer. The Annual Passholder must be on one of the room reservations to receive the discounted rate. You will need to book the rooms separately one at a time, but as long as you are booking them under your My Disney Experience account that is linked to your Annual Pass, you will be able to take advantage of the discount.
Ok. Thank you. So as long as I book the room for them and pay for it, I don not need to be a guest listed in their room?

Ok. Thank you. So as long as I book the room for them and pay for it, I don not need to be a guest listed in their room?
The easiest way to do this is to call resort reservations and book the rooms with the AP discount. They need to be traveling with you, but you won't be listed in their room.

The other way to do this is to let them make their own resort reservation. Then you call Disney reservations and have the AP discount applied to their reservation. We have done this many times when my sister has decided to join us after we have made our reservation. You will need their reservation number and other information when you call Disney. This has always worked, and we have always been able to get the AP discount for my sister's reservation. :)

The easiest way to do this is to call resort reservations and book the rooms with the AP discount. They need to be traveling with you, but you won't be listed in their room.

The other way to do this is to let them make their own resort reservation. Then you call Disney reservations and have the AP discount applied to their reservation. We have done this many times when my sister has decided to join us after we have made our reservation. You will need their reservation number and other information when you call Disney. This has always worked, and we have always been able to get the AP discount for my sister's reservation. :)
Thank you so much for explaining! This information is very helpful. Being able to call and apply my discount will simplify the process for them. I love helping plan Disney trips for people but I hate overwhelming them with information and questions. It’s baffling to non-Disney folks to make so many plans ahead of time. This will be one less complicated step for them.

Does it matter if they are staying at a different resort? Wondering how literally they take traveling with you. I have family coming on my next trip with me but at a different resort.

Last edited:
Update: I booked my room at POR w/ my AP rate, then I called Disney to book for my friends. It was easy because we were already connected as friends/ family. My friends ended up wanting to book the same resort as us so I am not sure if different resorts would have been an issue. I don’t believe it would have mattered as they only needed to confirm that I was traveling the same dates. They confirmed this with my existing reservation. I did all of the booking info for them, I needed ages, home address and a phone number for them. When it was time for payment I added my friend to the call and she gave the cast member her cc#. We were supplied w/ a confirmation #. They did say that we may need to show our AP/ ID at check in. I assume this could be problematic if you were at different resorts. I am curious if they will actually check if my friends do online check in.

Does it matter if they are staying at a different resort? Wondering how literally they take traveling with you. I have family coming on my next trip with me but at a different resort.
That's a good question. My sister has stayed in a different resort for some of our shared trips but I can't give you a yes or no. I think it doesn't hurt to call reservations and see if they can apply the discount. :)
They did say that we may need to show our AP/ ID at check in. I assume this could be problematic if you were at different resorts. I am curious if they will actually check if my friends do online check in.
We have never been asked to show our AP at check in. And if you do online check in and are able to go directly to the room, then it will never be needed. :)

I don’t recall showing my AP at checkin last year and we stopped by the front desk to have my mom’s credit card added to her MB and to see if there was a room available to checkin early.

That's a good question. My sister has stayed in a different resort for some of our shared trips but I can't give you a yes or no. I think it doesn't hurt to call reservations and see if they can apply the discount. :)
I was just about to call and be the DP on this when I checked the pricing for my bro/SIL’s room and their Disney Visa offer is cheaper than my AP offer lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter