Booking two rooms on points for the same visit

BlueRibbon

Mouseketeer
Hopefully this is an easy one. I'll be booking my first DVC stay(finally!!), on Monday and I'm planning to get a studio and a 2-Bedroom. I want to get the studio first thing on Monday when the site opens up, but will have to call to get the 2 bedroom as I'll need to borrow points.

Will MS be able to link the rooms together so there's hopefully no nightmare when I show up?

Funny aside is that one of the reasons we bought DVC is so we wouldn't have to get two rooms anymore, since at WDW things got royally screwed up two trips in a row!

Hopefully this is an easy one. I'll be booking my first DVC stay(finally!!), on Monday and I'm planning to get a studio and a 2-Bedroom. I want to get the studio first thing on Monday when the site opens up, but will have to call to get the 2 bedroom as I'll need to borrow points.

Will MS be able to link the rooms together so there's hopefully no nightmare when I show up?

Funny aside is that one of the reasons we bought DVC is so we wouldn't have to get two rooms anymore, since at WDW things got royally screwed up two trips in a row!
You don't need to call MS to borrow points. It can be done online during the booking process.

MS can link the rooms as "traveling with" but like all room requests, there are no promises that they will be near each other. The room assigner will do what they can to get them as close together as possible.

To save time, when you book the studio, just list the lead guest. Get it booked and then go in and book the 2 bedroom,

Once you have it all booked, you can use the modify feature to add the remaining guests.. That is the only guest you can not change online.

Lead guests should also be different people.

Also just an FYI....DVC rooms travelling together are rarely next door. You likely will be down the hall from each other. Can even be on different floors or in different buildings. My experiences have been at AKV, OKW, BWV, SSR and BRV. AKV, BWV and BRV we were down the hall from each other. BWV we have done multiple rooms many times and usually about 5-8 doors apart. One time we were not only 7 doors apart but the elevator area in between too. SSR we were same floor too but a few doors apart but OKW we were on different floors. AKV was closest we ever had (had 4 rooms and were all fairly close). BRV same floor but different ends of hall. Now Poly might be different with the connecting rooms. We have only stayed once for 2 nights in just 1 room.

As long as you are NOT booking AK-J or BWV, both do not have dedicated 2 BR, you should have no problem getting a 2 BR a few minutes after the studio. Good luck and have a great trip.

I just book1 room under my name and the other in my wife's name.

Why does the lead guest need to be different? I think I have had it the same in the past. I changed it later, but just do booking went quicker, I had the lead guest the same on both rooms.

We are at

AKV Kidani, and “traveling with” worked for one room, and not for the other!

Why does the lead guest need to be different? I think I have had it the same in the past. I changed it later, but just do booking went quicker, I had the lead guest the same on both rooms.

I think so that MS doesn’t think it’s a duplicate and cancel. But I have done it as well and have yet to have an issue.

Made the reservations this morning right at 5am PST! Booked Aulani for an Oceanview Deluxe Studio(pool view filled up just the other day), and a pool view 2-Bedroom. It was much easier than I thought it'd be, and yes: They make borrowing those points super easy!

Figured I'd call MS later on to link the reservations, but I did put my MIL as the lead guest on the studio.

What is the nightmare y are trying to avoid? As said by many posters here it is only a request to be near each other. It often can not be granted.

When I put up the original post, I was wondering if there was anything to be aware of when making the reservation. One thing I can think of when we've stayed at Disneyworld is names on the rooms. Usually my wife is on one room and I'm on the other, and it ends up being a supreme hassle for different reasons(i.e. last time at WDW, my wife's and kids on the other rooms' tickets weren't "activated" so we ended up in line at Will call for an hour). I know at Aulani that "shouldn't" happen, but was curious anyways.

Totally understand that the requests are just that: requests. But Aulani is shaped like a "V". Without the request, my room will be on one point of the V and other room will be on the other point. Still may happen, but at least the request to be closer is there.

I was advised to have a different lead guest for overlapping reservations. Likely for duplicate checking and automatic cancelation. My own two villa reservations are both 2 bedroom units so the probability of a duplicate match is higher. It would be nice to know the matching criteria and when/if a scan is done.

If I have rooms booked at different resorts for same day under my name will MS cancel cancel one of the reservations?

If I have rooms booked at different resorts for same day under my name will MS cancel cancel one of the reservations?
I don't think MS will automatically cancel it. However, if you need to call for anything, as soon as they see the duplicate reservations they will make you modify that before doing anything (or at least that's what they did to me). Best to put two different leads.

So far, never had it canceled as I have done that to keep a back up while I waitlisted.

I have also done a double book for the same night when we do split stays and intend to keep the double nights. in this case, I always reverse my guests and put someone else as lead.

Hi. I’m sure you realise but I just thought I’d check that you know that as you’ve gone for different views they can’t possibly be on the same floor. If you could change the 2 bed to an ocean view you might have more chance of them being close.

It’s probably worth putting in a room request for a particular tower. Ewa is all DVC (the other tower is mixed) so if you pick that one you have more chance that it will be honoured.

Lead guests should also be different people.

Also just an FYI....DVC rooms travelling together are rarely next door. You likely will be down the hall from each other. Can even be on different floors or in different buildings. My experiences have been at AKV, OKW, BWV, SSR and BRV. AKV, BWV and BRV we were down the hall from each other. BWV we have done multiple rooms many times and usually about 5-8 doors apart. One time we were not only 7 doors apart but the elevator area in between too. SSR we were same floor too but a few doors apart but OKW we were on different floors. AKV was closest we ever had (had 4 rooms and were all fairly close). BRV same floor but different ends of hall. Now Poly might be different with the connecting rooms. We have only stayed once for 2 nights in just 1 room.

we take our families and book 2 - 3 rooms and we are always only 1 room apart each. studio then somebody we dont know in the 1 bdrm portion. studio then somebody we dont know in the 1 bdrm portion., etc. perhaps it depends on the resort. we stay at akv.

we take our families and book 2 - 3 rooms and we are always only 1 room apart each. studio then somebody we dont know in the 1 bdrm portion. studio then somebody we dont know in the 1 bdrm portion., etc. perhaps it depends on the resort. we stay at akv.

That’s great that you have been that lucky. I had 3 rooms once and two of the 3 at BWV were close. The third was way down the hall. at BLT, one was a completely different floor and the other two were not close to each other, but same floor.

I think it all depends on resort and what is booked in terms of others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!