Booking the HRH?

KathyT

Mouseketeer
What would be the best way to reserve a room at the HRH? I see from the threads that the entertainment book rate is not available yet. Would you recommend booking anyway and then calling back to change over to the entertainment book rate? Will they allow this?
I'm not planning the trip until end of August 2002 but I like to have everything reserved ahead of time. I'm planning on at least 3 nights at HRH and then 6 nights offsite - either at Hawthorn near Universal or at Comfort Suites Maingate East.
I am planning on calling for reservatiions soon so any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Last year I called the HRH on the 1-888-U-ESCAPE and made my reservations for the HRH. When the entertainment rates came out I simply called back and gave them my confirmation # and they changed my rate.
I'm like you. I plan it all out and get as much as I can done as early as I can. You can always change later.
Once I called in Feb. for a week in August at the BC, and was really surprised to find it all booked because of a convention or something. Ever since then I book ASAP, and change whatever if the need arrives.
Have fun planning. I loved the HRH so much we came home and booked right away for next year!:cool:

Thank you for the quick response. One more question for you. Is it better to call the 1-888-U-ESCAPE number or the Hard Rock Hotel directly?

I called the Hard Rock Hotel directly and booked a room. The entertainment book discounts are not out so I booked it under my AAA. I reserved a garden view room as it is $19 cheaper than the pool view. I figure if we want to look at the pool we'll go to it. I was informed that I can call back and have my reservation switched to the entertainment rate when they come out.
I'm very happy that I have this portion of the vacation booked. The only bad thing is now I have to wait a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter