Booking Shanghai Disney Hotel Rooms

aleh021

Mouseketeer
Hey Dis Friends :D

Finally starting to book everything - looking to book our Shanghai Disney Resort Hotel room, its 3 adults 1 child so 4 all together.

Looking at the website, do 4 people fit in either the Toy Story Hotel or Shanghai Disneyland Hotel?

I hope someone can clear this up for me :)

Hey Dis Friends :D

Looking at the website, do 4 people fit in either the Toy Story Hotel or Shanghai Disneyland Hotel?

The simple answer is Yes. The beds will sleep two people each. I didn't stay at either resort hotel, but the Novotel a few miles down the road. We paid at least half as much than Toy Story, had a wonderful breakfast buffet ($12, also had two comps per day) and free bus shuttle to the resort (parking out near Toy Story so it was a little bit of a hike). Marriott Courtyard is closer to the resort and very similar to the Novotel. We felt safe at all times and the staff was very helpful with tours and taxis. Next time we may stay on site.......

The simple answer is Yes. The beds will sleep two people each. I didn't stay at either resort hotel, but the Novotel a few miles down the road. We paid at least half as much than Toy Story, had a wonderful breakfast buffet ($12, also had two comps per day) and free bus shuttle to the resort (parking out near Toy Story so it was a little bit of a hike). Marriott Courtyard is closer to the resort and very similar to the Novotel. We felt safe at all times and the staff was very helpful with tours and taxis. Next time we may stay on site.......

This makes me question whether we should stay on property or not...We are a family of 5 and so staying in one room at Disneyland Hotel or two rooms at Toy Story are both about $1000 for two nights. I really did not expect it to be THAT expensive!

Well, @psakid, the Novotel is out for us after all. The choices are only twin beds or king beds - pretty standard for China - but just won’t work for our family. Sigh. It’s been *really* difficult finding accommodations for us.

Well, @psakid, the Novotel is out for us after all. The choices are only twin beds or king beds - pretty standard for China - but just won’t work for our family. Sigh. It’s been *really* difficult finding accommodations for us.

Yeah we are a family of 4 and booking a room for Shanghai Disney and Tokyo Disney Resort have been so difficult.

We just booked Novotel for our March trip. Can you share more experience about your stay? What's the best way to get to the hotel from the airport? And if we want to do rope drop in the morning, should we take the hotel shuttle or the train? Thanks.

Sure, its a business hotel that has a large lobby with clean muted colors. It was very nice, clean and the staff was very helpful. We didn't have any problems with english except a little at the restaurant (but they tried or got someone else to help).

1) We arrived using the subway as I had to ride the Maglev from the airport into the city. We had to make one connection after getting on the subway from the Maglev city station, but everything was easy and the subway wasn't any more expensive than a large city. I'd recommend taking a taxi (~$20-25) as it was easy and relatively quick. (hint: print hotel name/address in Chinese for driver).

2) Being a European brand, the overall decor for this hotel was simple and modern. I believe it's only a couple of years old.

3) There isn't much around the hotel without taking a long walk. Ask the front desk, they'll help. When waiting for a taxi once, we found out that there's a small convenience store across the entrance area (in an office building). We didn't go over, but were told they have a limited selection of items (unlike Japan's 7-11 on every corner).

4) Loved the breakfast buffet (~$12); however, kids don't each much so we picked up some danishes and snacks to hold them over until we got on the Resort Property a couple days. Try the fresh made local dumplings and the kids tried jellyfish (chewy, gummy texture without much taste).

5) Can't speak about the pool or exercise areas as we didn't have any time to use them.

6) Staff was helpful and pleasant about making resort bus reservations as there is a display showing the departure and arrival times to and from the resort. The bus is a like a US 48 passenger tour bus with a back door.

7) Concierge hooked us up with tickets and taxi for the Red Bus Tour in Shanghai. The taxi ride (~$25) was fun as the driver was on a mission. Nothing was unsafe, but different. We took the subway back and had no problems. Safe and clean. It's about a 5 minute walk (Las Vegas Block) from the station to the hotel. Google Earth kinda shows the hotel being a little closer than it really is. Again, not a bad walk. Just watch out for the electric mopeds or motorcycles. They have their own lane between the road and side walk. Can't hear them from behind.

8) ATM on site that accepts american credit cards.

9) Room had two beds with sofa and a kids play pop up. I don't remember the beds being too soft or overly firm. We had plenty of pillows, but they're on the soft side. Plenty of space for suitcases, but the closet and drawers were limited. Small table and chair were next to the wall TV. Room safe with robes and slippers. Refrigerator and coffee/tea maker (I think, we don't drink hot liquids). Bathroom has sliding doors (not a fan, but it was fine). Shower was huge and had a rain shower head, very nice. I think there were two sinks and plenty of counter space. The room walls were rather thin in nature and the room door wasn't completely sealed so you could hear people in the halls. I suspect this is common for hotel rooms in China. We didn't hear much noise or talking late or overnight. People were mindful of the relative lack of privacy.

10) If you miss the resort bus, you have the subway station nearby with a train every 10-15 minutes or a taxi. The resort bus drop off is further away (3 times further) than the subway station for the resort, but there's a dedicated walkway. On Google Maps, the bus drop-off and pick-up is the parking lot just south of the Toy Story Hotel. It's near the end of the center planter divide. 15,000 steps won't be a problem on resort days....

Let me know if I haven't covered something (sorry for the delayed response).

Thanks for the great details. When do they start the park shuttle service in the morning? It is early enough for the rope drop?

Booking the Disneyland Hotel at Shanghai was pretty easy, I booked online using their official website. Added the park tickets and picked those up in the lobby, the desk across from the check-in desk. Location was perfect, we only used the ferry and it was very easy and not much of a wait (there seems to be two boats at any one time on the lake). If you make the first boat, you will get there before rope drop but go to the "hotel guest" entrance which is past the main entrance and near the end of Disney Town.

Thanks for the great details. When do they start the park shuttle service in the morning? It is early enough for the rope drop?

Yes, they have early bus departures prior to park opening. As they don't have early park hours (like other parks yet), it will be interesting if they add it in the future. My sister stayed at the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and was a little disappointed about not having 'early park hours' for the price.

Again, sorry for the delay. I need to make looking at this site a daily occurrence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter