Booking Riviera

Lyusuf27

Earning My Ears
So I bought resale a few days after the January 19 cut off date. Was looking at dummy bookings for 7 months from now and riviera was showing available to me.
I couldn’t go through with the booking as I’d have had to borrow points but does this mean I would get to stay at riviera or would the booking block me somewhere?

So I bought resale a few days after the January 19 cut off date. Was looking at dummy bookings for 7 months from now and riviera was showing available to me.
I couldn’t go through with the booking as I’d have had to borrow points but does this mean I would get to stay at riviera or would the booking block me somewhere?
There were reports a while back that people were able to book at DRR with restricted points. I wish that I could find the thread now to see if there were any follow up posts that DVC canceled the reservations. Technically, you should not be able to book even if you can view availability. But in practice, things appear to work differently.

There were reports a while back that people were able to book at DRR with restricted points. I wish that I could find the thread now to see if there were any follow up posts that DVC canceled the reservations. Technically, you should not be able to book even if you can view availability. But in practice, things appear to work differently.
No one has followed up as I know (trying to find the thread too). However, for the OP I know I wouldn't book Riviera as they haven't changed the rules and likely will start correcting the problem. I'd hate to be in a situation of having no room.

Though to clarify you went to ROFR on or after 1/19? That is what determines if your points don't count.

Edit: Found the thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/booking-rivera.3752744/

Thank you will take a look through that thread.
Went to ROFR on jan 22nd. Don’t actually want to book just curious as it asked me if I wanted to borrow the points to make the booking

Thank you will take a look through that thread.
Went to ROFR on jan 22nd. Don’t actually want to book just curious as it asked me if I wanted to borrow the points to make the booking
Yeah for my resale contract (different membership) it gives me the same option. So I don’t know what’s up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!