Booking PSB, need to call at 7 a.m.?

Wampy2

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I was just wondering if this was as tough to get in as Cindy's. Keep in mind this would be the week that Cindy's is under rehab. Do I need to have my dialing finger ready? Thanks!!!

:Pinkbounc

I was wondering the same thing 2 days ago, when I debated whether or not to get up early (I had to get up at 6am my time). I finally decided that I would be really mad at myself if I didn't call right at 6, so I went ahead and called then and got the PS for the time I wanted (11:40am -- we will have breakfast for lunch!).

I really think that PSB will fill up quickly because it is the best alternative (in terms of quantity of princesses) now that CRT is not an option. Good Luck!

I have a comment and a question:

First, I called a month or so ago for PSB and it was booked the entire week I was going (November). I called last week and the entire week was open from 11:15 - 11:40. Apparently they extended this breakfast an hour or so. I booked 11:30.

Now the question. I have 2 girls 5 and 8. We already have PS for CM and Crystal Palace earlier in the week. I have never been to a character meal so I have no idea what to expect. I don't like the fact that you need 48 hours advance to cancel PSB. Am I crazy if I cancel it now?? I have read some good and some not so good reviews of it. Is this breakfast worth the time and $$ or is it just a second fiddle to CRT? Help!!

:confused:

I called yesterday at about 9am. I asked for 9:00. They had 8:40 & earlier as well as 10:40 and later.

Huskies90,

I would keep your PSB PS. That way you'll have all your characters covered (Fab 5, Pooh and friends, and Princesses).

Two weeks ago, we went to CRT and PSB. Both meals were good, but the princess interaction was better at PSB. Both meals work on a quick turnover, but the princesses at PSB lingered a little longer.

Character meals are fantastic...they are so much better than waiting in long lines!

Huskies90,

Absolutely keep your PSB PS. Your daughters will love it. PSB is now as popular as CRT. We also found that the characters spend more time at our table at PSB than at CRT. The food is comparable and the wait to get in to PSB once we arrived wasn't as long as CRT. CRT has the castle setting and Cinderella, and the Fairy Godmother downstairs -- that's the only difference.

CP and PSB are both very different and it is worth going to both.

Oops, huskies90-- forgot to mention Chef Mickey's -- it is wonderful. Last December we also did CP, PSB, and CM and did not feel overwhelmed with character meals. They are all great! You just feel so happy and "pumped up" when you leave them.

I'm on the minority here..but I would say to not keep both...one or the other is fine. I would rather spend my money on a character dinner than multiple character breakfasts...I loved PSB...there is more interaction there but I would not do both in the same visit.

I agree...adding Chef Mickey's, Liberty Tavern, the one at the Poly, Park Fair at GF for dinner would be my preference. I just can only handle big breakfasts so much...

We usually schedule 3 character meals the week we go..and that seems plenty...Have fun, whatever you decide!
Tara

We like to do a character breakfast at one of the resorts for the morning of the day we leave (I'm the only one who has to get to the airport and I try to schedule a later flight.) That way we all feel like our visit has been extended a day. This year we did CM on our first morning, rode the monorail a couple of times and made a few stops, then a trip to the Boardwalk and a nap at the hotel before going to MNSSHP (we had an early PS at CP for dinner). We did the Mary Poppins breakfast at the GF on our last day before leaving for home. Our other character meal was dinner with Cindy (our first time at that one). It was great and the food is very good. Robin Hood made an appearance in the foyer.

As far as the calling at 7am goes, I was advised by a castmember on the phone to call just like you do for CRT if you really want PSB. I did that when making my dec. ps and got my choice of times. The CM answering booked CRT- even though I told her PSB and when she confirmed the ps and we realized what she had done she had to change it! (we already had CRT ps!) But, both cms told me that psb was booking up by mid-morning most days or earlier b/c people who didn't get CRT booked psb.
And, we are doing both this year. We've done CRT twice and dd5 thinks that is a must. But, she also wants to eat with Jasmine so we are trying psb too. (even though I've told her over and over Jasmine may be flying on the magic carpet with Aladdin that morning- goodness I hope she is there for dd's sake)
Anyway, good luck wampy2 and huskies90. huskies- if you've never done a character meal- you will love them! My children LOVE them- DDis 5 and DS is 3. We are doing 5 character meals during our trip this year of 5 days in the parks. We have two days with character breakfast and dinner- skipping lunch those days. IMO- children are only this young once and while they 'believe' and enjoy them so much- we will do them. Later when they are older and would rather be riding rides- that's what we will do.
Have a magical trip!!!
princess:

Thanks for the info everyone. I have been to disney 3 times but this is the first time since 1992 and first with my daughters. I was telling my mom about the character meals and she thought I was from another planet or something. It is amazing how much different wdw is now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter