Booking Photographer and Officiant

mmschwaba

Earning My Ears
Hello. I have read that it is recommended to book and officiant and a photographer 12 months in advance. Well we just got our contract in the mail from chapman photography and have to put a deposit down. My question is has anyone booked their photographer and officiant then lost their wedding date with disney. I know disney don't officially set the date in stone till 8 months. I don't know what to do, because I'd hate to have someone book our photographer for the same date we want him. ANy suggestions
thanks

I read all the same things you did, about how "early" you need to book everything. Something that is different for us Disney Brides is we have an entire department of a very large company who have only one job - to make sure we are completely satisfied! I had no trouble waiting to book until my date, time and location was finalized - I got exactly what and who I wanted for everything. I felt like that was part of the benefit of spending my money (well, actually my parents money) at Disney - they made it happen.

I wouldn't worry too much about not getting your date/time. When I called to book our wedding date they told us which slots were already taken on each particular day. So unless someone really insists on having their wedding at the exact same time you want yours there should be no problems. In the event that two couples want the same time slot, they would consult with both couples first to see if anyone minds changing a time, and then it goes to a lottery for the slot. I've heard the lottery only happens once in a great while.

As for the officiant, I would book as soon as possible, especially if you are interested in Rev. Jack Day. He is extremely busy and books up fast, but he is very warm and makes you feel very special.

Also, if you are planning a site visit and have a photo package with Randy that includes an engagement sitting don't hesitate to call and set up a sitting. He took engagement photos at the Polynesian for us in January during our site visit. They turned out great - but they also helped us decide that Mike should not wear his glasses for our wedding photos. We took half with them on and half with them off. Some of the really good shots have a bit of a glare off the glasses (even when Randy used the filter). So, this gives you a great opportunity to view Randy's work and decide if you do/don't want certain pictures taken on the wedding day! Also, they are "free", so you're not obligated to buy anything, and you get to keep the proofs!

Hi! You can set your ceremony date/time in stone, 12 months in advance - it's only the reception spot that you could lose before the 8 months mark, if a company decides to hold a conference in your location. So if you're somewhat flexible on your reception location, you can just work around that, if such a situation arises for you. The lottery for the ceremony location/time/date is done 12 months in advance, so you won't be bumped from the ceremony spot.
If you want Rev. Day & Randy Chapman, definitely, DEFINITELY don't wait until your 8 months mark! Randy especially books up extremely quickly, so you need to reserve him ASAP. He also knows how Disney won't let you get the reception spot finalized until 8 months in advance, so he told us that he is very willing to work around this, either by switching the date if he's available, or by refunding the deposit. As far as Rev. Day, you don't have to give him a deposit, so if you do end up changing dates and he is unavailble, you can always find another officiant.
Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter