Booking in foreign currency

awhwang10

Earning My Ears
Hello! First time poster but long-time lurker.

I am a DLR local, planning a trip for WDW later this year.
When I was in Europe a few months ago browsing the WDW booking websites, I noticed that there can be a significant difference between prices in US dollars, British pounds, and Euros.

Does anyone know if there is a policy against or any disadvantages (e.g. fastpasses, etc) to booking in foreign currency?

I don’t think there would be - A booking is a booking regardless of currency. It’s like changing the currency when shopping on other websites - you’ll still get the product.

I’d be very surprised ithat the prices would be so different once you consider the exchange rate. Disney offers deals for certain countries but, to use them, you need to provide an address in that country. They do not go solely on currency to grant them. For example, my upcoming tickets were 25% off, but I’ll have to show my passport at guest services for them to be activated.

I’d be very surprised ithat the prices would be so different once you consider the exchange rate. Disney offers deals for certain countries but, to use them, you need to provide an address in that country. They do not go solely on currency to grant them. For example, my upcoming tickets were 25% off, but I’ll have to show my passport at guest services for them to be activated.

Thats not exactly true. In Europe there is a law that means you can live in one country and buy goods and services from another country. The most easiest example is with Disneyland Paris hotel and ticket packages. Disney has different offers and discounts on various Disneyland Paris country websites. I am from Ireland and my last Disneyland Paris trip was booked through the Disneyland Paris French website. Many Americans have done the same, booked and paid for a Disneyland Paris trip through the UK or Irish or one of the other European websites.

And yes the prices ARE different, even when Americans convert US Dollars to Euros or British Pound Sterling. On the Disneyland Paris section here on Dis , there are multiple posts from Americans who have saved $$$ just by booking through a European website.

Regarding Walt Disney World specifically, I would call and ask. They may give you the run around but you should ask about the European Law of Freedom of Goods and Services, as technically it should be allowed.

I’d be very surprised ithat the prices would be so different once you consider the exchange rate.

They can be, even ignoring the great deals Disney never seems to make available to people in the USA room pricing, and especially ticket pricing, can be much better when booked from elsewhere also. I think because we foreigners come to WDW for much longer and so our total spend is higher.

I had previously read you need to show proof of residency on foreign deals.

That may just be for the longer ticket offerings though?

Hopefully someone can comment or make sure you read the terms and conditions and print a copy to bring with you.

I’d be very surprised ithat the prices would be so different once you consider the exchange rate.
Yeah, I was surprised when I noticed the difference.

Regarding Walt Disney World specifically, I would call and ask. They may give you the run around but you should ask about the European Law of Freedom of Goods and Services, as technically it should be allowed.
I think this is what I will do; looking at terms and conditions though I don't see anything about country of residence.

I had previously read you need to show proof of residency on foreign deals.
Interesting point! They definitely do this for California (and Florida?) locals promotions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!