Booking free dining now and airfare later question

TOBS2010

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
I was able to book free dining for this summer for our family to be able to go back to WDW. However, airfare right now is really high and I would need it to come down some before I could book that. Since booking for free dining is only through early February, would I be better off changing our reservation to be one day earlier and one day longer to give us some flexibility with being able to find cheaper airfare. Staying longer than the 7 days we have booked now isn't feasible. But would they allow me to reduce my free dining offer by one or two days come April/May when I might find a better deal on airfare?

I think they have to be able to find availability at that time for free dining as if you were booking a new reservation - they can't just drop off the extra days.

I think they have to be able to find availability at that time for free dining as if you were booking a new reservation - they can't just drop off the extra days.

This is correct. It used to be that dropping nights was easy, but Disney changed that a few years ago. Now, in order to modify/drop nights, the shorter stay must be available as if it was a new reservation.

I was able to book free dining for this summer for our family to be able to go back to WDW. However, airfare right now is really high and I would need it to come down some before I could book that. Since booking for free dining is only through early February, would I be better off changing our reservation to be one day earlier and one day longer to give us some flexibility with being able to find cheaper airfare. Staying longer than the 7 days we have booked now isn't feasible. But would they allow me to reduce my free dining offer by one or two days come April/May when I might find a better deal on airfare?

I would check out prices flying into Tampa. It's not ideal, but it saved us money. BOS to TPA, July 4th week, 7am was $152 and the same flight into MCO was $295 one way. We have six people going so it was worth it. We have a one way minivan rental from TPA to the Dolphin hotel for $125 for the day we arrive. Figure we'll be able to save more money and drive to get snacks at the new Walmart on 192, which even has a liquor store attached. I do love one stop shopping. I booked the room only bounceback because our DD already has an annual pass and we really didn't need hoppers. Cutting corners where I can, I hate having to get 3 hotel rooms but it will cause less issues in the long run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter