Booking for family in US. What do they ask for proof of UK at check-in?

JPKnapp

Mouseketeer
Hello. I would like to book a trip for my sister and her family who live in the US. When someone checks in to the hotel, what (if any) proof do they ask for regarding proof of residency? Do I need to be there or can I book it all under her name?

Also, would it matter that my Dad who will also be traveling with her has my same name? They will be getting 2 separate rooms.

Thanks all.

Hello, I'm from Europe and have booked several times through the UK-site. I never need to proof anything at check-in. But I've paid via my European creditcard and they sent some brochures to my home adress. So I would think that these two things were sufficient as proof for disney...

If you're booking through websites such as booking.com there is a bit where it says are you booking this for someone else so you can put their name in. I think it's the same for premier Inn as I booked that for my mum when she visited London. Obviously it'll depend on the hotel but it's not unusual to book for other people. If there's not that option on the booking form you could always email the hotel.

First Question: What Country will you be booking , is it the UK as its not clear?

Second Question: Who are you booking through?

First Question: What Country will you be booking , is it the UK as its not clear?

Second Question: Who are you booking through?
Apologies for confusion here. I want to book a full Disney vacation. So all on property with park tickets, etc. Since there is special UK only pricing I wasn’t sure what the Disney front desk person asks for as proof (if anything). My sister lives in UK and not a UK resident.

Apologies for confusion here. I want to book a full Disney vacation. So all on property with park tickets, etc. Since there is special UK only pricing I wasn’t sure what the Disney front desk person asks for as proof (if anything). My sister lives in UK and not a UK resident.
Sorry but how can your sister live in the UK but not be a UK resident? She might not be a UK Citizen but if she lives here she would be classed as a resident. I think this 2nd writing might just be a mistake as your original post said you live here and she does not, but it should be clarified.

When I went in 2014 I was not asked to show anything at check in to prove my address from memory, but of course had to show my passport.

Another thing to consider is Travel Insurance. I’m not sure how you could be covered for a holiday that has been booked in a different country to where the travelers reside. Ok they could take out insurance their end but would such a policy pay out to them when the booking is in a different currency and paid for by someone else?

I booked for my American friends and just had their names put in the booking. It was a bit of a faff but it worked ok.

I booked for my American friends and just had their names put in the booking. It was a bit of a faff but it worked ok.
Thanks. Was your name also in the booking or did you put everything in their names? Also, did you just ship them back the magic bands?

I had a typo in one of my above replies. I am a UK resident and sister is US Resident. I want to book a trip for her using UK pricing. She can't show proof of UK residency at check-in. So if I can just book the trip entirely for her and me not being there to check-in, that is very much preferred.

I put everything in their name but my address so they picked up their magic bands at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter