Booking flight ect for after christmas???

mummy23kids

Earning My Ears
When do flight for early jan flight go on sale?? We are planning going after christmas this year because of school and work. Has anyone being this time of year ???

Which park are you going to? We've done WDW/Universal in early January and once you get over the new year it was pretty quiet. New Year was perfectly manageable too, just needed to adjust plans to suit high crowd numbers. The 'cheaper' flights probably won't be available until early March but if it's school holidays, you're unlikely to find any really good deals.

yes wdw/universal, yes I know Ive been look now and the prices are so high. There 5 of us going 2 adult and three kids but My oldest will be 18 by then so really 3 adults. Afew travel agents said to wait for the travel expo (adelaide) I was just wondering if anyone here went around this time and who much tickets were, if I can find under 2000 pp or is that not realistic ;)

If you have a little flexibility in your dates this might be worth doing- amazing how much cheaper a holiday can be just by going a day or two earlier/later.

i've done is a spreadsheet with possible dates, and the cost of flights, tickets and accom for each option. I did the same for our other trips - why? Because sometimes the more expensive airfare lined up with dates for a good deal on the accom portion. i.e. free dining promo at WDW, which when you have teenagers, means a pretty good saving. I'm waiting for Brisbane travel expo to see if I can get a better deal on flights from Central Qld to LA, but I already have my preferred option and costings done so I can book if the deal's a good one.

if you're going to do Universal, it may be worth looking at saying there for a couple of nights - We did 2 nights/3 days, buying one AP to get a 30% room discount, and by staying onsite you get into HP world an hour early, and free FOTL passes for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter