Booking failed at final confirmation page

Miss Piggy 1978

Earning My Ears
So this morning I logged on and found the dates I wanted to book for the Poly were available for next January. I confirmed the reservation and got through to the 20 mins reserved page. Then used the 2 browser method to cancel my existing Beach Club booking. All okay so far, the points are released, I continued through to the final page, ticked the box for the terms and conditions and then pressed the Book Accommodation button. It took ages and then said Service cannot be completed. So now I have no bookings and the nights I need at the Poly have disappeared. Fortunately I have been able to rebook Beach Club. How is this possible??? Im so frustrated!!!

This is why I always call. Sometimes I might not be able to get what I want, but having this happen is what I try to prevent. The website is never that reliable.

You need to have the cancellation page queued up before you get to the 20 minute page. Or you need to be very careful to not do anything else in the second browser.

Also, check back in an hour. The Poly room may still be locked up by your hold and should free up later.

Almost the same thing happened to me! I was attempting to make a reservation online last night and it took about 1.5 hours to complete! At almost every step I got the Service Cannot Be Completed page. I had to keep using the back button and resubmitting. In the end I only got two days of my desired reservation. The last two days I needed THV and after being available for days, by the time I got to the end of the making the reservation, they were showing NOT AVAILABLE! So annoying!!

Same here this morning. Took 2 hours to make a 1 day reservation at the tail end of an existing reservation to extend it . At every step of the way got the "Service can not be completed" , or a random log out . Sometimes I would get all the way to the end , and it never would go through . Sometimes I would just be hung in limbo somewhere in between . THREE times I got past the borrow stage , only to loose it ...........even though the borrow went through. Yep, borrowed points 3 times and had the points in the account for use, but no room to show for it. Then I had to wait for the system to put the points back into the account, because it would not let me book otherwise. The points were lost somewhere in the DVC MS abyss . Sometimes the room would disappear as unavailable, only to pop back up available . Even then I could NEVER get to the actual confirmation page ............but I got close MANY times !!!!
Finally had to call in. CM had me all done in 5 minutes . I am just glad we got the room we needed for an extra night ..........athough I thought it was a goner many times !
CM , didint even want to discus the website issues .............guess its well known right now that the website is a joke , and they get many complaints about it. CM was just trying to help me as fast as possible , and move on to the next disgruntled web user !
Its an embarrassment how bad this DVC booking site is . Even better is that we are paying for this !!! What kind of IT dept do they have ??? Thinking they must reside in AK .

On the other hand ........had to make a cash reservation at Coronado Springs after I was done with the DVC booking travesty . Took me all of 5 minutes start to finish to book what I needed.
Guess the cash paying customers get better website function than the DVC members who already have there $$$ in hand by the mouse.

Glad I didn't have some hard to get DVC reservation , as I definitely would not be seeing that in my dashboard right now !

Its starting to get old ...........
Come on Disney ...........your better that this !

Last edited:
Are you using Chrome for your internet browser? This is the browser that Disney recommends, and cleared up a lot of issues when I was booking.

Are you using Chrome for your internet browser? This is the browser that Disney recommends, and cleared up a lot of issues when I was booking.

Hmmm , didnt think of that . I am using Firefox , so maybe I will give it a try with Chrome.
It seems like most of the issues are between 8-10am when a lot of people are trying to book . Probably cant handle the volume for those first few hours .

Thanks for the tip.

I prefer Firefox, except when dealing with Disney, I called them up about a reservation issue and the CM highly recommended Chrome. Since using Chrome I really haven't had any issues with bookings.

I prefer Firefox, except when dealing with Disney, I called them up about a reservation issue and the CM highly recommended Chrome. Since using Chrome I really haven't had any issues with bookings.

Tried out Chrome on the Disney websites . DVC and the main Disney world site . Both seemed much faster and smooth with quicker transitions from page to page while logged in. A definite difference and upgrade with Chrome over Firefox .............at least on the Disney sites . I like it a lot, and may switch from Firefox all together .
Will give it a trial run on the 8am DVC website , booking opening bell and see how it holds up. This whole week has been a mess so far with Firefox and the Disney DVC site. Notably in the 8am-10am hours.

I had this happen to me too. Had a bit of a freak out because I was trying to snag a day that came available in a couple of weeks. I pressed the back button and it took me right back to the previous page. I pressed to confirm the reservation and this time it went through. I only pressed the back button because I felt like I had nothing to lose. Points were still taken correctly.

My suggestion is to book the room for 1 person, I've had too many issues entering the data for 6 people. Book for 1 then contact MS to add the other names.
So once you put your desired resort in your cart, your bucket or whatever, someone else could come along and snatch it from you during the time you need to enter a larger amount of names on a reservation?

I couldn't get To my confirmation when I used Chrome or Firefox. I have tried for 2 days...I will try again when I get home

So once you put your desired resort in your cart, your bucket or whatever, someone else could come along and snatch it from you during the time you need to enter a larger amount of names on a reservation?

No, once you start the reservation you have 20 minutes to complete it. Entering the info for only one person just saves you time.

Too often I would enter the details for everyone in my travelling party only to receive the error. There is no rhyme or reason as to why the error is given but I'd prefer to get the error after entering the info for 1 person instead of 8 people, either way, when you get the error the only option is to start again with a new reservation.

I know it says you have 20 minutes ............but I have seen MANY times , that it will just crash on that screen if you don't keep some action going.
If you leave that page sit idle, it will most likely lead to a "service can not be completed" screen . Then you have to start from scratch again !
If there is some active typing going on, it is less likely to get an error screen. But sometimes you get the error screen irregardless !!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!