booking early w/ AAA rate?

MickiMouth

DIS Veteran
I'd like to book a room at POR with a AAA rate for July '06. If I call and book today I know the quote will be the '05 rate and they will change it to the '06 rate later. My question is will they let me book with a AAA rate now for 7-06 or is it too early? Also, I don't have AAA right now, I wanted to wait to get it in July or August so it will still be good when I go next summer as we will be driving. Do I need a AAA number now or can I show them my card at check-in?
Also, should I book a room only or get my MYW tickets with the room? I like making payments so when we get there everything is paid for. If a discount comes out or I get lucky enough to get a postcard will it be hard to switch resorts if tickets are involved vs. room only? Before I found the DIS I would book room only at rack rate :( and order our hopper passes separtely. I'd like to book 7 night room with 3 adult 1 child 6 day passes. I'm not sure what to do. TIA for any advice.

AAA rates for 2006 are not out yet. They usually come out in last summer for the next year. For instance the 2005 rates came out in August 2004. I do not remember if they asked for the # when booking.

I tried to book a AAA rate in May last year for Feb of this year and they said the rate wasn't available yet and to call and check much later and they would be able to apply the discount.

The good thing was that when I tried to apply the AAA discount the CM told me about a winter room only code that was much cheaper than AAA and saved me $150/nite.

Thank you.
I guess I can book now so I can start making payments. I think maybe I should book room only since it's far off and if we have to cancel I can get a refund on the room not the tickets. I then can call back and ask to get the AAA rate and by August I will have AAA so it won't matter if they need a number. Are the chances pretty good of getting a AAA rate in August for the following summer? Do they book up really quick?

I called for 2 nights before our cruise and got the AAA rate for PFQ for October. They just told me that I needed to show my card when I check in and so if no General codes come out then I will purchase my AAA card in September. The CM said if Gen codes come out that I can apply them to the ressie. :cool1:

So no you do not need the membership at that time as long as you have the card when you check in.

I have looked into it and there are many benefits and so I am sure I will be purchasing a membership very soon. $ 51 per year. Not bad. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter