Booking Disney Cruise with Points

hedwigowl73

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if a cabin booked with points would still be eligible for an upgrade? For example, If we book an inside stateroom, could DCL upgrade this to a higher class of room?

Someone needs to do it so it might as well be me.

Please always remember booking cruises is a horrible use of points. You come out way ahead renting the points out and then paying cash.

This has been a PSA

Does anyone know if a cabin booked with points would still be eligible for an upgrade? For example, If we book an inside stateroom, could DCL upgrade this to a higher class of room?
I do not know, but I have taken over 30 DCL cruises, and never have received an upgrade! We were paying for our DS’s family and THEY received an upgrade on one of those cruises. They went from two connecting inside rooms to two connecting ocean view rooms. I thought that was pretty nice.

I do not think free upgrades are common, and my guess is for an upgrade when using points is even rarer. For sure, someone would post about it here!

I also think it’s better to use the points than to lose them!

You will never get an upgrade using points unless you have more points to use and there are more cabins available. And as someone already said, it’s not economically feasible to use points. But they are your points so use them as you want,

First are you looking to upgrade at the port yourself or are you looking for a free upgrade by Disney?
Our first cruise in 2001 we used points for an inside stateroom. My parents decided to come with my wife and I (they paid cash)and we made it a family reunion cruise. At the port my mother insisted on upgrading my wife and I to a veranda room and she paid cash for the difference.
Since we used points I am not sure how they came up with the cash difference however they did.
This was also 18 years ago so I am not sure if or how they might still do this.

We were wondering about the free upgrade by Disney. This has happened for us a couple of times. We'll be happy with whatever we book, though. We haven't been on Disney our last couple of cruises. We've been exploring some of the larger ships and different itineraries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts