Booking buffet restaurants, recommendations and a question

JessL

Mouseketeer
We're going to DLP in early October, staying at the Cheyenne with the free half-board dining plan.

Given that it only includes buffet restaurants, is it necessary to pre-book a couple of months out, or could we wait to see where we feel like eating on the day?

We'll use our meal vouchers for dinners, which buffet restaurants would you recommend?

I see in some places that you can upgrade your dining plan to Plus or Premium. We're only there for 2 nights. Is it worth upgrading? How do we do that? Can we upgrade while we're there?

Thanks for any advice!

Jess

You can usually find reservations closer to the day-of. But if you want to avoid a longer wait it is easier to have reservations. If you don’t want to bother with reservations you should also consider eating at off-peak times. Table service restaurants fill up faster (as well as Inventions).

For buffets, I did Inventions and Plaza Garden. I really liked Inventions-a wide variety of food and desserts. It also had a better atmosphere and characters. But it is only in the Premium plan. I wasn’t as impressed at Plaza Gardens. They didn’t have as much selection and the atmosphere just felt like a huge cafeteria. But I know other people like it, and location is very convenient.

I would recommend upgrading to at least Plus. That would give you more options for table service restaurants. Check out this site which I found helpful: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/ (in the end I didn’t end up getting a meal plan). I found most of the meals were fine, nothing inedible but nothing memorably good. But the restaurants themselves were gorgeous and so well themed!

plaza gardens had a nice selection but nothing too special. We really liked agrabah buffet and would highly recommend as long as you like that type of food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter