Booking BLT 7 months out

princessap

DIS Veteran
My inlaws have intrawest and can use it towards dvc stays. She has been hesitant to use her points there but agreed to do it for our next stay and their first time. We are looking at BLT for a 2 bedroom condo. She won't be able to book until 7 months out right? Will that be hard to get?

We've never had any problems getting BLT at 7 months. The first time we got (2) 2 bedrooms and then the 2nd time we got a grandvilla, both at exactly 7 months.

Both times we stayed over MLK Jr weekend, I'm sure depending on the time of year of the trip changes how easily/hard it is to get BLT.

I know for Oct/Nov stays it will probably be booked. That is when we usually go. I have checked back after I book to see how fast it books up.

For DVC members this might not be particularily difficult except at Holiday/Peak time. However, the OP is asking about availability for an Intrawest member to book at BLT. I would expect the number of units available would depend on how many BLT owners used their points to trade out of DVC. I am quite sure that Intrawest members would not have access to the full availability that a DVC member would have. I would expect the same difficulties that I have had in trying to trade my DVC points to an Intrawest resort...

Every time I have tried this (more than 5 times) I have been faced with no availability, from the opening of the booking window until I just could not wait any longer for something to open up, and these have been at non-peak times for the resorts I have tried to get.

For the OP, it might happen, but I would highly suggest a backup plan.

My inlaws have intrawest and can use it towards dvc stays. She has been hesitant to use her points there but agreed to do it for our next stay and their first time. We are looking at BLT for a 2 bedroom condo. She won't be able to book until 7 months out right? Will that be hard to get?

I don't recall anything that places trying to book thru intrawest at 7 months. I'd check before that.

If I am a non-DVC member and I'm trying to book BLT for next July, when will I be able to book? I just called because we're booking room-only and I know you don't have to wait for 2014 packages to be released for that, and he said he couldn't see anything past April or May.

Thanks!

If I am a non-DVC member and I'm trying to book BLT for next July, when will I be able to book? I just called because we're booking room-only and I know you don't have to wait for 2014 packages to be released for that, and he said he couldn't see anything past April or May.

Thanks!

Typically CRO doesn't start booking DVC resorts until 10 months or less. There's no set in stone time.

Typically CRO doesn't start booking DVC resorts until 10 months or less. There's no set in stone time.

Thank you so much! I'll make a note to try again in a couple months (either online or on the phone) and see from there. I wish there was a set in stone time! :thumbsup2

Sorry, just to clarify...

When you say 10 months out, does that mean if we're planning on checking in on July 13, then we might be able to book on September 13, or does that mean on September 1 you can book for all of July?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter