Booking Aulani at 7 months with DVC points

Mickeyfd

Earning My Ears
Hello- I’m a new DVC member. Bought CCV last year and want to go Aulani for our 30th anniversary in 2 years. We are trying to figure out if it books out completely usually at that time or is there some availability. It’s for September but, we are not set on that month. We have never been there. Just looking for insite . Thank you.

I booked for late April at 7 months and had no problem. I will add that I booked an ocean view studio. I think the ocean views are the last to go. The cheaper rooms fill up quicker, but I didn’t check on those. I rented points through David’s.

I booked for October and had no problems with all view types. From what I’ve seen, June to August seem to be the busier times but September isn’t too bad.
What kind of room are you hoping to book? A standard studio may be a little tricky, but if you’re flexible on rooms or views you shouldn’t have a problem!

I booked at 7 months twice. Once was an ocean view studio in mid October and the other was an island garden view studio in late January. No trouble getting either but if I had to choose I would for sure choose the island view room. Both rooms were great but it was much cheaper and while we didn't have a full on direct ocean view like the ocean view room did, we could see the luau (and also a bunch of american idol stuff they did in the same area that week) and if on the balcony you could also see the ocean very nicely from our particular room

I was able to get 2 weeks at the end of May/beginning of June. I think that in Sept, your chances are much better. Just book right at the 7 month mark.

I have booked 3 times exactly at the 7 month mark for June in an island garden view studio with no problem. The 4th time I had a day in the middle I couldn't get so I waitlisted it and it popped up within a few weeks. I have noticed as previously posted that the cheapest studios go faster.

We just booked a one bedroom for a stay in July at seven months. All but standard view were available.

We recently booked 5 nights in a studio for mid-July. I booked the day the 7-month window opened and there was full availability for Island View and Ocean View.

I got in at the seven month window in September at a very busy time. It was when the Disney wonder arrived. Lots of people from the ship stayed there before or after their cruise.

I got an island gardens view studio for 5 nights I wanted at exactly the 7 month mark. I could not get that 6th night (which is a saturday). No standard views were available for our entire stay, even at the 7month mark. Our trip starts on Memorial Day so perhaps that is a busy time? I thought maybe schools were still in session still. Oh, and ocean view studios were still plentiful as were 1 bedrooms. As much as I would have loved to have a full kitchen, I couldn't afford the points!

We got a 2 bedroom ocean view at less than 7 months - we'll be there in about a month. Agreed with other posters that the standard views (and smaller villas) go first. Good luck!

We have booked at way less than 7 months and got exactly what we wanted! (for November). Good luck! Aulani is wonderful!

September is a slower time of year so I don't think you'll have an issue getting what you want at 7 months.

Hello- I’m a new DVC member. Bought CCV last year and want to go Aulani for our 30th anniversary in 2 years. We are trying to figure out if it books out completely usually at that time or is there some availability. It’s for September but, we are not set on that month. We have never been there. Just looking for insite . Thank you.
I booked 3 nights in June at 7 month Mark. at first only 2 nights were available so I waitlisted for the 3rd night and it came through 3 weeks later. your chances are better for a shorter stay than a full week. there is so much to do on Oahu you might want to consider just 3 nights at aulani and some time in waikiki. we use our time at aulani strictly for the resort and pools and paradise cove luau right next door. 3 nights is plenty

We've stayed at Aulani 3x, with the fourth visit coming in March of this year. We've never had an issue booking at 7 months. This year, we're going in the 3rd week of March, a common spring break time. Again, no problem getting what we wanted: 1BR, or 2BR partial ocean or ocean view. Good luck!

Booked a 2 bedroom pool garden view for a week in Feb 20 at 5 months out. I did have to splurge pts on the view. My wait list for lesser pts rooms did not come thru because the weekend is booked full. Some mid-wk rooms still available!

I got in at the seven month window in September at a very busy time. It was when the Disney wonder arrived. Lots of people from the ship stayed there before or after their cruise.
We were a few days after the Wonder got in, we were on Radiance of Seas but we were able to get OV two bedroom which is what we wanted!

I will say, depending on which month you end up choosing, you probably shouldn't wait MUCH after the 7 month window. We are going at the end of June this. Although we booked most of our trip at 11 months, we added days on at 7 months (some of our pts are Aulani, and some are BLT)--there was very little availability at 7 months + one day, and shortly there after, there was NOTHING for more than 2-3 days at a time. I hadn't seen this before at Aulani. This is our third trip, and I was never really concerned about getting something
at 7 months +.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!