Booking at Same Time Question

Adora

DIS Veteran
So todays discount announcement made me realize I'm curious about some scenarios.

So plan is to go next summer.

So if I book a room only now ok.

1) If I see a room only discount can I book that and then delete my previous reservation after. What would be the problem with this? I have read this and that about people waiting for their deposit back and then waiting to book the discount and maybe being gone. So I'm wondering why don't people just book both?

2) So let's now say I have my room only discount room. And a free dining package comes out. Can I the package as well? And then decide after which one I wanna keep? (I'm debating on using my no-expiry ticket or not) Again what would be the drawback here?

Thanks!

1. Yes you can book a new reservation and cancel the old one. But you can also book a room only now and you see a discount later then you can call reservations and ask them if you can apply the discount to your current reservation. If they are able to do that then they will apply your deposit to the updated reservation. But they can only do that if a discount is available for your dates and room type. Sometimes you have to change categories to get the discount. But this is the easiest way to do it if you want to apply your deposit to the existing reservation.

2. For free dining or any kind of a package then it is easier to book a brand new reservation and cancel the old one. The deposit on a room only usually can’t be applied to a package reservation

So todays discount announcement made me realize I'm curious about some scenarios.

1) If I see a room only discount can I book that and then delete my previous reservation after. What would be the problem with this? I have read this and that about people waiting for their deposit back and then waiting to book the discount and maybe being gone. So I'm wondering why don't people just book both?

Thanks!

1) Room only for rate change only, you should be able to modify online yourself. No need to cancel. I just modified one of mine today to get the AP discount - never cancelled my reservation and still have the original reservation number!!

2) So let's now say I have my room only discount room. And a free dining package comes out. Can I the package as well? And then decide after which one I wanna keep? (I'm debating on using my no-expiry ticket or not) Again what would be the drawback here?

Thanks!

1) If you book room-only now and a room discount is released, you can simply go online and modify your reservation to take advantage of any discounts that would apply to your reservation. If everything is working properly online, you can modify dates, room category, resort, rate, etc. without cancelling anything. Sometimes the website glitches and you need to call to modify.

2) If you booked room-only and a package discount comes out that looks good, yes, I would book the package and then decide which one you want. You cannot modify a room-only reservation to a package reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter