booking after banking deadline

SecondEventuality

Mouseketeer
So I'm curious how many of you have rolled the dice and were ok? Our Use Year is August and we have to bank by March 31st but there's nothing available to book before April right now. Should I try to waitlist a trip and see what happens? I was toying with the idea of taking a trip after the banking cut off, but don't want to get into a bind! That would put us into having to rebook before July 31st... Based on what I'm seeing via the predicted booking patterns, it looks like we should be able to get at least SSR Preferred 3 months out for summer months *if* we did have to rebook.

Anyone do this and feel it's ok to do once in a blue moon?

Thanks!

:)

I do not understand - if there is nothing to book before April that means you are looking to book before your banking deadline, and can not do so. Waitlist a trip and if it does not come through before your banking deadline, you can bank your points. If you are talking about booking something after April 1st, then go do it now.

ETA: if you book a trip after your banking deadline is only problematic if you have to cancel it, and cancel it after your banking deadline. You can book a trip the last week of your UY, but cancel it before your banking deadline no harm no foul. If you cancel it much closer, its may very well be for a significant (and bad) reason where loosing your points is an afterthought.

Hey @jerseyduke, so sorry if I was unclear or am otherwise confused about the process.

We have 2019 points now and have to bank by March 31, 2020. I am looking at the calendar and really don't see much of anything, even for a 2 resort split stay, that I can book before our banking deadline, There is plenty in the month of April, however, that would be right after we can book.

It's my understanding that we can certainly book in Apil, May, June, and July, but it's at our own risk since those points, if not used, expire July 31st and cannot be banked.

Does that help?

If you book in April, and do not cancel before your banking deadline (March 31) your points will become holding points - which can not be banked anyway. If you cancel before March 31st, you can just bank the points. So I really do not see an issue booking in April, as one of three things will happen
1. Nothing - you go on your trip
2. You cancel before March 31st - in which case you can just bank your points.
3. You cancel after March 31st - in which case your points go into holding. This will likely be caused by some significant event, and loosing some timeshare points will probably be way down on the list of things to worry about (lets hope this does not happen of course)

If you book in May, June, or July, and have to cancel before March 31st, you can still bank.
If you cancel after march 31st, then yes, it is use or lose.

If I were you, I would waitlist what you want ASAP to get as high up on that list as possible - at least until you decide on your course of action.

I probably would not book any later than May however, and that is even pushing it, I'd bank the points.

you can also set up a waitlist for March (or whatever) and have it cancel an april trip if it comes thru.

ETA: You talk about nothing being available to book before your banking deadline, and while that is relevant, the issue is not as much as when the trip is, as when you cancel it (in the event that you do) You can book the last week of your UY - but if you cancel the day before your banking deadline, you are fine

Thank you!!! I didn't even consider the aspect of canceling an April trip prior to the banking deadline and that it would still be ok! Thank you for laying it all out, you are awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter