Booking a trip, advice desperately sought

Have any of you stayed at the beach club? The pool looks good and walking distance to Epcot and studios is handy though not the same as being near MK. Was curious how the themeing and atmosphere was? Main reason for asking is I’ve stayed in the Newport at DLP and found the themeing a bit bland and dull. Not sure the whole white north eastern USA style is for me but wanted to at least consider it as it’s probably a better location than POFQ plus has the amazing pool.

Location, Location, Location!

It is a our favourite hotel, it's such a relaxing hotel, the pool is amazing and the closeness to Epcot, DHS and the Boardwalk is perfect :)

Location, Location, Location!

It is a our favourite hotel, it's such a relaxing hotel, the pool is amazing and the closeness to Epcot, DHS and the Boardwalk is perfect :)

Are the rooms as nice as they look in the pictures? Is it quite a spread out hotel? How’s the theming? And how’s the busses from there?

Sorry for all the Q’s

Are the rooms as nice as they look in the pictures? Is it quite a spread out hotel? How’s the theming? And how’s the busses from there?

Sorry for all the Q’s

Yes they are, it was only refurbed in the last 5 years, so everything is still really nice in the rooms. The rooms a mid sized for Deluxe, with Monorail Hotels being bigger, and AKL being smaller.

The hotel looks spread out, but never had any issues. Once you know the 'Secret' door to Epcot you can avoid walking around via the lobby to the lake path to Epcot but just walking through the building out to the path.

Theming is not Disneyfied to the Max but there are hidden Mickeys., it is like a brighter Newport Bay, whereas Yacht Club is more like Newport Bay.

Buses are good as you don't need them to DHS and Epcot. The Journey time to AK, MK and DS is quite similar as the resort is basically dead in the middle of WDW. They are shared with Yacht Club, which has it's pickup and drop off first, but we've never had any issues.

It feels serene but without the stuffiness of GF

Yes they are, it was only refurbed in the last 5 years, so everything is still really nice in the rooms. The rooms a mid sized for Deluxe, with Monorail Hotels being bigger, and AKL being smaller.

The hotel looks spread out, but never had any issues. Once you know the 'Secret' door to Epcot you can avoid walking around via the lobby to the lake path to Epcot but just walking through the building out to the path.

Theming is not Disneyfied to the Max but there are hidden Mickeys., it is like a brighter Newport Bay, whereas Yacht Club is more like Newport Bay.

Buses are good as you don't need them to DHS and Epcot. The Journey time to AK, MK and DS is quite similar as the resort is basically dead in the middle of WDW. They are shared with Yacht Club, which has it's pickup and drop off first, but we've never had any issues.

It feels serene but without the stuffiness of GF

Thanks Jon that is all fantastic info. Not sure on the themeing but will hit YouTube tonight for some walk around videos. How longs the bus to MK take?

Thanks Jon that is all fantastic info. Not sure on the themeing but will hit YouTube tonight for some walk around videos. How longs the bus to MK take?
It's about 10-12 mins to the MK Bus Stops

Oh short trip then. Thanks Jon. I’d better go watch some walkthrough videos tonight.

We love the YC / BC area for all of the reasons mentioned above although we prefer the YC to the BC but that's purely down to personal choice.
The walk to International Gateway at Epcot is really quick & we've walked back from HS numerous times when the queue for the boats have looked huge.
Another option to the MK is to walk through Epcot & jump on the monorail, we do that sometimes just because it's a cool way to get there, you can get on a bus anytime but how often do you get a chance to ride a monorail? :earsboy:
We've found the bus links to AK, MK & Disney Springs to be top notch.

Sorry just realised I’d never replied. In the end I let my children choose as I was torn. And they loved the idea of the pool, the ice cream parlour, and walking to the parks even just for the evening so we’re now booked in for beach club.

Since then I’ve been on a bit of a roll and our general where we visit each day plan is complete, plus agreed with my wife’s cousins family whose flying in from Wisconsin to vacation with us for one of the weeks. Also part the way through planning what restaurants to book at the 180 day mark!

Now just have to wait for flights to be out. Thomas cook have theirs out already and they come in just under £1700 for all 4 of us but they are part Thomas cook and part their partner condor (who I’ve never heard of) plus they don’t get in until 5pm. So I’m toying with waiting it out for the BA and Virgin etc flights. Norwegian Air flights are out too but don’t get in until even later

Thank you all again for the amazing help you’ve given.

I am in the process of choosing restaurants and still have some " leftover " credits :confused3. Not a bad problem to have :goodvibes

£1700 is a good price for 4 of you BUT I haven't heard of condor either. Maybe someone else on here has had experience with them?

Most flights ( from uk ) don't arrive into MCO until around 3/4pm

Sorry just realised I’d never replied. In the end I let my children choose as I was torn. And they loved the idea of the pool, the ice cream parlour, and walking to the parks even just for the evening so we’re now booked in for beach club.

Since then I’ve been on a bit of a roll and our general where we visit each day plan is complete, plus agreed with my wife’s cousins family whose flying in from Wisconsin to vacation with us for one of the weeks. Also part the way through planning what restaurants to book at the 180 day mark!

Now just have to wait for flights to be out. Thomas cook have theirs out already and they come in just under £1700 for all 4 of us but they are part Thomas cook and part their partner condor (who I’ve never heard of) plus they don’t get in until 5pm. So I’m toying with waiting it out for the BA and Virgin etc flights. Norwegian Air flights are out too but don’t get in until even later

Thank you all again for the amazing help you’ve given.

Condor is the German part of TC, should be fine from what I've seen. £1700 is good. If you can hold out for VA's next seat sale (they've only just had one), you might be able to match that just about.

Good point, the TC from Manchester used to come in first, around 3pm, all the others seem to be after 4pm now, and they all clash with each other at the gates!

I am in the process of choosing restaurants and still have some " leftover " credits :confused3. Not a bad problem to have :goodvibes

£1700 is a good price for 4 of you BUT I haven't heard of condor either. Maybe someone else on here has had experience with them?

Haven’t mapped the credits yet but that’s coming. Another thing on the list to do heh

3pm is ok... 5pm not so much. You’d be at the hotel around 8pm then maybe? Which would be harder to Lee the kids up vs say being there at 6pm grabbing dinner and heading out for a walk or swim.

Condor is the German part of TC, should be fine from what I've seen. £1700 is good. If you can hold out for VA's next seat sale (they've only just had one), you might be able to match that just about.

Are tc/condor financially sound and generally ok for departing on time? I know travel agents haven’t been doing so well profit wise over the past years. Also how do they compare to virgin/BA comfort wise?

Do virgin to dear sales often? Was hoping by grabbing them as they came out they’d be fairly cheap.

Sorry also how often do the Disney busses leave? Ie every thirty mins or when their full ish? Curious as to if we got the Manchester flight whether we’d really get there any earlier, which depends on the busses I guess.

Thomas cook via their partners is showing £1760 from Gatwick and a shade under £2000 from Manchester. But the Manchester flight gets in two hours earlier.

Are tc/condor financially sound and generally ok for departing on time? I know travel agents haven’t been doing so well profit wise over the past years. Also how do they compare to virgin/BA comfort wise?

Do virgin to dear sales often? Was hoping by grabbing them as they came out they’d be fairly cheap.
TC have been having the best profits they've had in years. They've upped their game for sure. In terms of leaving on time thats generally down to ground crews, and not much you can do. I've never been delayed over half an hour with them.

I find TC just as comfortable as VA or BA, all their planes are recently refurbished for their long haul routes.

Put it one way with Virgin Holidays I've just been able to book 7 nights at AKL, with premium VA flights £3500 all in. Buying at 11 months will get you a decent price most likely, but thats not to say that your dates will sell slowly, which would mean bigger discounts down the line. Thats a calculated risk for you to take though lol

Sorry also how often do the Disney busses leave? Ie every thirty mins or when their full ish? Curious as to if we got the Manchester flight whether we’d really get there any earlier, which depends on the busses I guess.

Thomas cook via their partners is showing £1760 from Gatwick and a shade under £2000 from Manchester. But the Manchester flight gets in two hours earlier.
ME buses leave when they are full, there doesn't seem to be a fixed timetable.

I'd buy my flights on price over landing time. Usually so tired I don't wanna do anything when I arrive.

ME buses leave when they are full, there doesn't seem to be a fixed timetable.

I'd buy my flights on price over landing time. Usually so tired I don't wanna do anything when I arrive.

Thanks Jon great info. May just take the flights so it’s all sorted and booked. Timing wise I guess I just feel I’ve better odds of getting the kids fed and out to do something at 5pm at the hotel as opposed to 8pm. At least to offset the jet lag a bit.

Thanks Jon great info. May just take the flights so it’s all sorted and booked. Timing wise I guess I just feel I’ve better odds of getting the kids fed and out to do something at 5pm at the hotel as opposed to 8pm. At least to offset the jet lag a bit.
No worries!

Good point, we haven't got kids at the moment, so we kinda just push through till 10/11pm lol

No worries!

Good point, we haven't got kids at the moment, so we kinda just push through till 10/11pm lol

I plan to push them as late as I can but that’ll be easier if it’s 6pm as opposed to 8. We can eat at the ice cream place or counter service. Then swim or saunter to studios or Epcot for a ride or show. Yea we’ll be tired but it’ll be relaxed and I think once they’re there it’ll reenergise them for a bit. But if I try that at 8pm I’ll be a lot harder I reckon.

Going to be a suck it and see thing I think. Thinking I’ll wait for more flights to be out before deciding as all the TC outbound flights seem to be partners not TC themselves.

I plan to push them as late as I can but that’ll be easier if it’s 6pm as opposed to 8. We can eat at the ice cream place or counter service. Then swim or saunter to studios or Epcot for a ride or show. Yea we’ll be tired but it’ll be relaxed and I think once they’re there it’ll reenergise them for a bit. But if I try that at 8pm I’ll be a lot harder I reckon.

Going to be a suck it and see thing I think. Thinking I’ll wait for more flights to be out before deciding as all the TC outbound flights seem to be partners not TC themselves.
You'll have a great trip, Beach Club is brilliant!

You'll have a great trip, Beach Club is brilliant!

Thanks! I won’t lie I’m still not sold on the theming but the rest of the family is. That being said beaches and cream, the pool, the location, and the chance to walk around the broadwalk at night sold me. The fact we can think hrmm let’s pop into Epcot for illuminations or come back mid afternoon from studios for a swim. I know the broadwalk won’t be as good as Disney Springs shop wise but still should be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter