Booking A Room - Excited but Confused

Robinjay

Potter Whovian Haunted with Disney Nightmares
Hello! I am in the process of booking my first trip to Disneyland Paris! I am on the website and have read all of the contract information and am confused on the cancelation policy - what is it? I was planning on paying for the insurance policy, but what if I just need to change my dates or cancel my trip? I can't seem to find a time frame anywhere that tells me what I can or can't do. Is there full reimbursement?

If any of you lovely Disney fans could help me out, I sure would be grateful! I have been reading the DLP board for a few days now and am very excited about my upcoming trip. Thank you!!

Hello, just an update. It seems that unlike the other Disney resorts I have visited, there is no cancellation policy (without penalty). It is a 35% penalty of trip total with 60 days out or more. Up to 7 days out is a 75% penalty (not sure of less than 7). This is even with insurance unless you have proof of cancellation (injury, illness in family, etc.).

I called an operator with questions and they were very helpful. I hope this was understood correctly!

Hopefully this is helpful to someone else :)

I am very excited to be visiting in August!

People on here have been known to change their booking by changing the hotel or possibly the dates and the rule seems to have been that there is no cancellation charge if the change costs more. So I know people have changed the hotel when a deal has come along to get a better hotel for only a slightly higher price or added a meal plan or pre booked character meal or something to make sure the total cost was more (but getting more for they money spent)

Thank you! I meant completely cancel, as in you just could not go on your trip for some random reason (no proof). I was hesitant to book knowing there was no grace or free cancelation, but I am happy to say I did book an am very excited.

If anyone else wants to know, the information I was provided by two different agents was different. On my paperwork it is up to 60 days before, 15% penalty, 60 to 8 days before a 25% penalty and less than 8 days 75% penalty for just cancelling.

I wouldn't want to cancel of course, but this is for a group of people and you never know what might come up that you do to have proof for that the insurance doesn't cover.

Thanks again and very excited to see what Disneyland Paris is like in comparison to Anaheim and Florida!

This is the reason I am fearful of booking yet. How soon do hotels sell out? Is there a rush for Aug?

Are you asking for August 2017 or 2018?
I don't think it's a common issue for hotels in DLP to sell out. Or they woulnd't have so many debts. What may happen is that a specific offer sells out, but you'll always find something to book onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter