• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking a return time not in that park…help.

Gearbm95

Mouseketeer
Have DAS for an upcoming trip and had a question I’m hoping someone can help with.

Can you schedule a return time for a park you are not at yet? For example, I’d like to book a return time when we leave MK for our afternoon park. Is this possible? Or do you need to physically be in that park to schedule a return?

As far as I know, it’s not possible to do yourself in the My Disney Experience app.
Before leaving the first park, stop at one of the blue Guest Experience umbrellas. The CM there should be able to help you according to what other people have posted.

Have DAS for an upcoming trip and had a question I’m hoping someone can help with.

Can you schedule a return time for a park you are not at yet? For example, I’d like to book a return time when we leave MK for our afternoon park. Is this possible? Or do you need to physically be in that park to schedule a return?
If you are lucky, a CM at the blue umbrella will do this for you - but it is a nice perk, because guests without DAS cannot wait in a queue when they haven't even enter a park, KWIM?

If you are lucky, a CM at the blue umbrella will do this for you - but it is a nice perk, because guests without DAS cannot wait in a queue when they haven't even enter a park, KWIM?
Prior to the do-it-yourself system you could not get a time for anyone not IN the park you want the time for. I tried several times with different CMs because our family would often be in different parks then meeting in one. I would even be in the park we wanted with the DAS holder but they always told us until all parties were in the park the system will not allow anyone not in the park to be booked.

OP, I have not tried this since reopening but I would be prepared that they system won't allow it. Now we did get a time for a park we were in but leaving for a few hour break so it was there upon return.

It definitely works at Disneyland/DCA. I always stop at an umbrella before I hop to get a return time in the other park and then shop my way out of the first park and over to the second one. One item to note is that they will not give the return time for the second park until after the official hopping time (after 1 PM at DL). I would hope the same would be true at WDW (although 2 PM hopping time). I just did this again this past Monday.

Last week I was not able to get an EPCOT return time for the entire party even though I (the das holder) was in Epcot via the app or the Get. I would have been able to get one for myself of course but I had to wait until the others tapped in to get a return time for all of us.

We could not do that with DAS at WDW. I had to actually be in the park to use it in that park. DAS return time is anytime the rest of the day, though, so you can leave and come back later if necessary. Also, DAS never sells out and the wait time is just the current line wait time. If you also get Genie+ you can reserve a lightning lane for a different park than you’re currently in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter