Booking a Murphy Bed Room for 4 People

Pigwie

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We are currently planning our next cruise for Nov. 2025 (I know its early but I'm a planner!) on the Treasure and have been looking at the new Summer 2025 sailings to help with planning. I have been looking for the rooms with a murphy bed, we are only a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) but would like this room as we will have 2 toddlers and would feel more comfortable if they were both on ground level. When I search for Deluxe Family Rooms with Verandah (Cat. 4B) with 4 people, the online platform will not show the rooms that have the murphy bed (found a list of these online). When a add a person I can see the rooms so I know they are available but I just can't book them as a family of 4! Does anyone know why I can't book them? Would a travel agent be able to book them with just 4 people? Thanks for any help!

Hi everyone,

We are currently planning our next cruise for Nov. 2025 (I know its early but I'm a planner!) on the Treasure and have been looking at the new Summer 2025 sailings to help with planning. I have been looking for the rooms with a murphy bed, we are only a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) but would like this room as we will have 2 toddlers and would feel more comfortable if they were both on ground level. When I search for Deluxe Family Rooms with Verandah (Cat. 4B) with 4 people, the online platform will not show the rooms that have the murphy bed (found a list of these online). When a add a person I can see the rooms so I know they are available but I just can't book them as a family of 4! Does anyone know why I can't book them? Would a travel agent be able to book them with just 4 people? Thanks for any help!

I booked a 5 person room with just 4 people, so it's definitely possible. Are you in the booking window yet for summer or are only seeing spring sailings? The spring sailings are pretty heavily booked.

ETA: I was just playing around and had a hard time finding them in the spring sailings.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I had a similar problem and I looked at the room I wanted online and then called Disney to book it.

If you search for 5 people do the rooms show as available? I often find the search online restricts what rooms it shows based on how many people you're searching for. In the past I have either called to get a specific room, or booked with a dummy person to get the room I wanted and then removed that person afterwards when I didn't want to have to call. TAs can have the same issues with the online system but using a TA will mean they have do the workarounds and not you.

When I do this I set my search for 5 people. Pull up the ship map and available rooms on the floors I want. Write down a couple I'm interested in. Then change my party size, pull up the same sailing and grab specifically one of the rooms that I saw available for 5 on my previous search.

My travel agent has been able to book Category 4 rooms that sleep 5 for my family of 4 several times. If you can’t do this online, you should be able to call DCL and ask for specific rooms that you saw were available when you searched for rooms for 5.

I actually like that it is difficult to find rooms for 5, so that parties of 4 have to choose to book those rooms rather than ending up with them without wanting or needing them.

So how does it work if you want adjoins 5 person rooms, with 5 people in one room and 2 people in the other? Is that doable online?

Hi everyone,

I have a room with a Murphy bed booked and we are only 3 people. I had a quick look and found that I can book one when I look. This is the May 31 cruise.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 1.44.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 1.44.56 PM.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 4
So how does it work if you want adjoins 5 person rooms, with 5 people in one room and 2 people in the other? Is that doable online?

Yes, I'm pretty sure my mother was in a room with a murphy bed. I can't remember though. If both rooms are available you should be able to book them both.

Here is my strategy. I plan to book a deluxe Oceanview because I will have a teen who would prefer a Murphy bed. I plan to plug in "5" when searching for room options. NOT all deluxe will sleep 5. Some of them have a chair instead of the Murphy bed.
I did also found a spreadsheet of the treasure rooms in which room are listed and if it connects, if it has a Murphy, where the assembly station will be, and potential room decor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter