Booked preferred site for 2 weeks in Feb..

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
Ok all you camping pros..need your opinion...
I booked 2 weeks in Feb..the first 2 weeks.. got a preference site. Should I
request and special loop or site? Any special hints for that long of a vaca in a
trailer? Thanks for any and all feedback and tips...:-)
I have a 30 foot trailer and really would like to be somewhat close to the bath house...

Last edited:
request and special loop or site? Any special hints for that long of a vaca in a
I'll just say that 100 is extremely busy. If you are social and you don't mind golf carts and people coming through at all hours, loop 100 might work for you. For a longer stay, I'd want to be on the outside of the loop, probably on the 200 side back by the stream. But it's going to be busy, busy, busy. I love 100 because we are so parks focused, and the transportation options from 100 are the best. Boat is right there, all 3 internal bus lines come together right there. Trails End is right there. Location wise it's great. But it would probably drive me nuts if I was just chilling in a chair on my spot outside all day. The number of people, the noise, the cart traffic... Not very restful.

300 is very close to the dog park and is one of the "traditional" dog loops. Now it doesn't matter, dogs are in all loops, but lots of people with dogs have been doing 300 for years if not decades. There are going to be a lot of dogs. All the time. If that matters to you, I'd bail on 300.

200 would probably be my option for a 2 week stay unless you are going to the park every day. Quieter than 100, close to everything, away from the dog park, not the most popular loop for people just to wander through. Of the preferreds, you probably have the best chance of getting a little privacy and quiet in 200. I'd look for a loop in the back, away from the basketball court and the bathhouse at the junction of 100/200.

We have a very different view of loop 100. We are checking in for 10 days (#114). It's our favorite and only requested loop, and haven't found it busy or noisy at all - we are in a motorhome and always use a sound machine for sleeping, so could affect our experience somewhat.

Love the convenience of the boat dock, restaurant, and buses. Of course, we don't sit around the campsite, there's so much that we enjoy in the parks that we mostly stay busy there, or at some of the other resorts. Everyone has different perspectives about different loops - just have to try it for yourself. :goodvibes

Last edited:
We love the Preferreds. I will eventually stop moaning about the new 5er not fitting in a Preferred site anymore.

100 Loop is my favorite. It is the closest to the Marina and the Settlement. Easy walk over to the Settlement bus depot. If you are close to the cut through to the Trading Post, it can be a little busy with foot/cart traffic, but I never noticed any problems.

200 Loop is nice. I've been there once. It is a little further from the Settlement and the bus stop. 300 Loop is too far from everything for me, especially if you get at the back of the loop. It isn't really, but I would feel like I wanted a cart to get around, while I never felt I needed one staying in 100 or 200 loops.

Either way, the sites are a little tight compared to a Premium or some of the Full loops, but being that close to the Settlement, Marine and beyond is worth it.

j

I'm a 100 Loop groupie too. (see my signature). :crazy:

You're going to be there during my most wished for time - end of January to the end of February. Maybe when/if I get to retire one day I'll make it then. So I will share some of my tips and comments.

I love 100 loop (specifically the sites on the outside of the loop) for their el primo location to transportation, shopping, dining, mug refills, and entertainment. You get all the sights and sounds with the convenience of place. If you want to be close to the pool or movie/singalong area, it's not for you. And although I say 100, loop 200 is nearby and not much different. Shoot for 100, settle for 200 would be my advice.

Teamubr's trailer I have been lucky enough to see in person and it is so large and comfortable that I can understand his desire to get a Preferred but he really fits a Premium. If you're not tool long you should have no trouble.

bsjs0708, you didn't tell us your trailer size but there are limits here and I will edit this thread when I can get to a map of site numbers. I have to run an errand here after I got started (darn it).

Bama Ed

Picking back up....

Since you are going to be there for two weeks, I'll share some site info for 100. You have the option of moving once you get a site if you want to. I've done this once and it worked fine. More on that later. So let's start with a picture.

FW Loop 100 Google Earth View.jpg

This picture is tipped on its side with the 100/200 Comfort Station in the upper right (brown square). I've stayed in 101, 106, 116, 126, and 127. Every one has a pro and a con of course. Note that all but one of those are outside sites (and not on the inside of the circle). Most of the inner sites are tighter/smaller than outside. The exceptions to those are 102 (camper door faces a big open space-nice-I would take it) and maybe 125 (lots of space on the driver's side which is a lot of the same open space that 102 has). Sites 110 and 115 are small/short/tight on the inside. The rest of the inside feel close together to me. I took 106 the one time because it was either that or be in 200 so I took it.

101 is close to the CS. It also has the basketball goal directly behind it.
106 felt small and tight but got me into 100.
116 is a great site. Longer than average for the loop, the coquina pad in back gives a nice view of the Trails End and dock area. You can hear the porch/trail background music from the coquina. You can walk off the back directly and refill your mug at the TE machine in 1-2 minutes plus you hear the boat and train whistles clearly. The sidewalk out the loop is between 116 and 114 so it is the shortest walk to the MK boat from your site (along with those on the far side of 114). The bathrooms at the Settlement Trading Post are closer than the comfort station (we're in a popup). The cons of this site was the noise late at night as people came off the boats and walked/carted up the golf cart and walking trails behind us. Also the 3am worker with the backpack gas-powered blower clearing the pavement. And the delivery trucks at the Settlement TP at 2am. But overall I would take this site again.
126 is a LONG site. What I liked about this site is that at the back of it where the coquina pad is, you can see the intersection of the where the Fort Wilderness Trail ends (the street that comes down past the Meadow TP to the 3-way stop) and the golf cart/walking trails start down towards the docks. It was great for people watching. Con was close to Big Pine Trail (road) with bus noise.
127 is just on the entrance road on the left. Your trailer door faces a nice open space there on the corner so you aren't looking at the wall of the trailer/rv next door. Can also see the carriages and horse rides coming/going through both loop 100 and 200. Con is road noise like 126 with bus noise primarily.

I would like to ever get 114 on the other side of the side walk from 116 just for all the benefits 116 has. It's a little smaller/tighter as are most of those sites on the outside in that part of the circle but my popup would be fine.

I've been in 200 once (fine, 218 on the outside) and just prefer the hubub/sights/sounds of 100.

What I did when I moved was to ask in the lobby which of these sites (offered two or 3 specific numbers) were going become available soonest as guests on them check out. The CM told me and I picked one and the night before the move asked again and they moved me the night before in the computer and said when the guest left the next morning just to roll over and take it since it wouldn't be cleaned again for me since I was already there. So it worked fine. Depends I suppose on what site you get when you check in, how much you set up, and when your desired site becomes available. I'm just saying it's an option you can choose to use and the front desk will work with you on it.

Hope this helps. How big your rig is and where it will fit is a consideration in loop 100.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I agree with everything said above. 100 loop is close to boats, the restaurant, the Trading Post, and a comfort station. I liked hearing boat whistles. We had 108 this past February. It seemed extra long. Our door faced the creek, with a pretty big open space between us and the water. We loved everything about that spot (except somewhat obnoxious neighbors, but whatcha gonna do?). We've booked for next year already and I hope to get the same spot again.

I'm a 100 Loop groupie too. (see my signature). :crazy:
Bama Ed...wow,thanks for that info! So I'm gonna request out loop for sure! We are pretty new to this so a "not tight" site us what were looking for and sitting around people watching at the Fort sounds likebDisney heaven,if you ask me!
You're going to be there during my most wished for time - end of January to the end of February. Maybe when/if I get to retire one day I'll make it then. So I will share some of my tips and comments.

I love 100 loop (specifically the sites on the outside of the loop) for their el primo location to transportation, shopping, dining, mug refills, and entertainment. You get all the sights and sounds with the convenience of place. If you want to be close to the pool or movie/singalong area, it's not for you. And although I say 100, loop 200 is nearby and not much different. Shoot for 100, settle for 200 would be my advice.

Teamubr's trailer I have been lucky enough to see in person and it is so large and comfortable that I can understand his desire to get a Preferred but he really fits a Premium. If you're not tool long you should have no trouble.

bsjs0708, you didn't tell us your trailer size but there are limits here and I will edit this thread when I can get to a map of site numbers. I have to run an errand here after I got started (darn it).

Bama Ed

Thanks yall...were new to this so as Bama Ed says, there's more room in outside sites and honestly, people watching at Disney at the Fort sounds pretty much like heaven to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter