Booked Island Garden View (resort, not DVC), Can I upgrade it and when?

Wendi Higginbotham

Earning My Ears
My online check in is on Thursday-- I'm not finding any good news on a Island Garden View (two queens) at the hotel. If someone has a specific room, that would be great because I swear all I read is about DVC stuff & not having any luck with good recommendations of this class of room. It looks like there are pool side rooms available-- I'm considering upgrading to that-- but do I call the hotel? do I just put it on my online check ? is it worth it? We are spending 5 days there. Mahalo !

We got a free upgrade at checkin.
I wouldn't pay extra IMO, we were there for a week and spent almost zero time in our room. We spent the entire vacation enjoying the resort, we were outside the entire time we weren't sleeping.

We got a free upgrade at checkin.
I wouldn't pay extra IMO, we were there for a week and spent almost zero time in our room. We spent the entire vacation enjoying the resort, we were outside the entire time we weren't sleeping.
When did you go? I'm curious if they do this during off peak season. We're going for our honeymoon at the end of this month and have a standard room. :)

We went in May, apparently it’s not overly common but we booked via Disney and it was my Birthday.

We went in May, apparently it’s not overly common but we booked via Disney and it was my Birthday.
Gotcha. We're going for our Honeymoon with our four year old too. Fingers crossed for some pixie dust :)

Gotcha. We're going for our Honeymoon with our four year old too. Fingers crossed for some pixie dust :)
Fingers crossed for you. We had our 2 year old with us and I was also pregnant (not that they knew that!)
The upgraded view was lovely, it was nice to sit out on the balcony late at night with a Mickey Bar.

Standard room island garden view could have been in a couple of locations - above the standard views above the parking structure overlooking the mountains or on the other side of the hallway overlooking lawn area over the spa. Poolside garden view will be floors 1-5 closest to the lobby overlooking the lazy river/gardens. (FYI - standard rooms regardless of view will either have two queen beds or a king bed with queen sleeper sofa - no guarantees even if you put in a request.) Looking forward to seeing pics of your poolside gardens view!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter